• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • I just know everyone has run off to start their own money tree grow ops; that's why it's so silent.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I want a tree made out of tree. ;__;

All I have is this tree made out of candy,
    The candy tree eats children.
    Yeah, this! :( You might not make as much money from it but you could get a bunch of them.

Like a grow op. 8D

Like, pick off a branch to use at the local dairy. That would be awesome!

"Mom, can I go get a movie?"
    "Sure, this time try not to pick a actual leaf off the tree though!"

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Hmm, 'tis 8 where I am now XD Ah yes, good ol' timezones. the only problem is not everyone changes the clock when "DST" comes (I see no point in it anymore, to tell the truth, but I'm assuming enough countries do it that we can't outlaw it and expect those countries to outlaw it as well).

Her

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    In NZ, daylight savings ends in March. It gets dark at like, 9.30 here.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Why the Wellington one. ;-;

When I searched Auckland on there, I sort-of made a very naughty typo with a f. My dad walked in and he was like "...What".

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Because Wellington is awesome? :D

I did something similar once at my old school; didn't go down too well with the teachers. xD They really should have had some filtering software.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    We have Schoolzone for filters at our school, plus individual computers for the year 11's (there's about 20 of us). But strangely, it sucks at blocking proxies. One time a guy got caught using a proxy though (teacher walked past and saw him just getting on it), so theres going to be some security upgrades. Wooh.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    No school would be able to block all proxies. I only used proxy once at school... and got my Internet taken off, so I don't like them. XD;

And now I just don't bother with PC at school. I have a social life... listening to my ipod.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    If you have the proper tools, proxies are a piece of cake to bypass. I just used my laptop and a computer I had set up at home. I won't say exactly what I did, though. I'm just glad my school let me use my laptop. I didn't bypass it all of the time, though (although, I also wasn't a member of a forum at the time). Technically, you can even do it with another computer and a flash drive (if the school allows you to run programs off a flash drive, anyway). I'm glad I no longer have to deal with those annoyances.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Technically, I'm sure they haven't blocked all of them. More than likely, they are blocking sites based on keywords in the URL and/or title of the page. The proxy at my old high school did that. You couldn't even search Google for anything that contained the word "proxy" or "bypass".

Her

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Technically, I'm sure they haven't blocked all of them. More than likely, they are blocking sites based on keywords in the URL and/or title of the page. The proxy at my old high school did that. You couldn't even search Google for anything that contained the word "proxy" or "bypass".

I understand the security of blocking the word bypass, but it's a bit silly to do so, considering Health & The Body (Does sex ed, but it's mostly like Greys Anatomy or House) teach a lot about surgeries and stuff, including 'bypasses'.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back