• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if you had a thousand dollars?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Except the catch is, you have to spend it on other people, not yourself.

I'd probably get my friends and family a lot of gifts, and put the rest in a charity of some sort. A thousand dollars could do a lot for someone.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I would give my friends and family enough food, but not to where they gorge themselves! I would give them a proper home to live in, and so on. Tons of gifts, but not too much so they won't get greedy.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    $1000 really isn't that much. :o
    There's no way would you be able to afford a house for your family. 0.o

That's roughly £500 over here, I'd put it towards a new car for the family?
    My dad just quit his job, and at the same time the car broke.

Last edited:

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Umm. I'd buy some stuff for my friends, and maybe an above ground pool for my family xD

Years
  • I'd buy my sister enough Touhou merchandise to convince her to gain in interest in the series. I'll even throw in some Kingdom Hearts plushies and such so she'd be more willing to accept it. Whatever I had left, I'd use to help pay off some bills and such.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I'd repair my DS and give it to my cousin $30
    I'd buy Metroid Prime Corruption and a Wii for my other cousin $469
    The rest would go to Human Appeal International.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I'd spend it all on my gf. She's had my back through and through and was taking care of me when my family just up and left me.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • I would simply hand it over to my parents. They are the only people I owe anything too, and I'm sure they could use it, so for me it's seems like the logical action. Except, I'd probably give $200 or so over to the local Humane Society. ♥

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I'd give to charity, buy the food and drink for my family, get my little cousin a game console or something like that and give the rest to them.

storm393

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    if i had that much money i would give it all to my pearents, they deserve it...

pink-tiger

Love in the Air
    Years
  • If I had that much money I would put it in a bank account and pretend it didnt exist.Like I never got it in the first place.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Oh dear, I almost didn't notice someone posted this topic given it'was only a spec who did so.

Not to be selfish in a sense that I wouldn't help others out by donating money or anything, but for me it'd be really fun and really heartwarming to be able to take my friends out and get them tons of great stuff, then treat them to an amazing meal somewhere. Short term happiness, maybe, yet a day that we could look back on and love.

Reactions: .
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I'd spend it all on my bro. Cause we literally share almost all things that we have, except personal stuffs of course, lol.
    So that means, in the end I get this money's benefit too, winner all the way!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I'd buy expensive stuff for my parents, maybe something nice for my big brother, toys for my nephew and neice, and only a candy bar for my little sister, just to piss her off. xD

Back