• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I think the anime is getting old...

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
Years
my opinion about the anime is that its getting old and repetitive. Why? well think of it like this. in each season, Ash does the same thing. he goes from town to town trying to catch new pokemon and meeting new people and trying to win badges. Does anyone else here agree with me and if so why?

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
Years
I agree in only the sense of team Rocket. Otherwise the show has really kept me interested regardless of the fact that the episodes seem to be all the same. But they do much better in every season in the areas of evil organizations, gym battles, and how ash trains his pokemon. It also seems like they have really given us some interesting characters in the DP series. So no, it hasn't gotten old in my opinion.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
Years
honestly i dont see how the show manages to stay on air. to me, in my opinion, i think its stupid and pointless. now the games, on the other hand, are a different story in itself. They are kick ass =]

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
Years
honestly i dont see how the show manages to stay on air. to me, in my opinion, i think its stupid and pointless. now the games, on the other hand, are a different story in itself. They are kick ass =]

the show is staying on the air because without the show the games wouldnt bring in as much revenue. also the show is not that bad! Its the best its been since the first season thats for sure

.Socks

free yourself
Years
Now, I'm a hardcore fan; but, honestly, the Sinnoh-based anime doesn't interest me. At all.

I watched the first few episodes, and those were all right. I think it's more of the audience 'growing up', and the repetition of the series. Back in Kanto and what-not, the series was fresh and new. How far can you go with something like Pokemon, a mainly youngster- and casual-oriented fanbase?

The games are still fun to me, but the anime... ehh..

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
Years
I've been watching Pokemon since it began, and I don't think it's gotten old. Each new series brings at least something different and new to add. Diamond and Pearl has been especially a good series to me. It seems to have gotten a lot more interesting. What's been repetitive for you is now new to children. I've got a younger brother and we both watch Battle Dimension every Saturday, like my older brother watched Pokemon with me when it first premiered (although I was pretty young XD). I'm anticipating new episodes each week more than ever before now with DP. :D I guess you can say things went backwards for me.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
The anime? Old? HA! I LOVE THE ANIME! I mean seeing them journey getting new pokemon and all...it is just wonderful! :D

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Anime is a bit old, though I haven't watched it much. I have seen the training methods and such, and it doesn't seem old. As The Ebon Blade said, Team Rocket is getting a bit old showing up in EVERY episode, which is unnecessary! I agree with all he said! ;)

Raven-NAR-32450

The Great and Powerful RAVEN
Years
personally as someone who grew up watching it to a certain extent (stopped watching at the Orange League) it DID get old, considering all that really seemed to happen was something like:

Ash goes into challenge person I.E Gym leader or trainer. Those battles have two outcomes usually
1: He loses and goes around in a bit of a determined frenzy that makes up the episodes remaining plot, tossing in some Team Rocket at certain points.
2: He wins and spends the rest of the episode averting some kind of Team Rocket problem or doing some other thing that seems kinda mindless.

There, Thats my view on the show, there were a few good episodes that revolved around the OTHER characters in the little menagerie that Ash had formed on some previously unknown date, by some weird means of convincing people to join him.

matt561

Your French Charizard
Years
I also grew up watching Pokemon but where we have grown up (well phisicly at least) the show on the contrary has been squeezed more and more by the censors because it was a childrens show if they could make it abit more involved and more teenaged theme well, i think it might well be one of the most awsome shows ever

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
I pretty much do not think it is that old...the BD series now is making things a bit different for us lately...

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
I think you're getting old...

Well the anime is better in Sinnoh than in Hoenn. I really wish they hadn't changed the voice actors for the English version...Brock sounds terrible, haha. I still watch it occasionally, and I'm definitely going to hit up the Sinnoh League episodes when they come out. Other than that, I feel like they just need something to boost ratings.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
How many complaint threads does this section need? :/ Seriously, there are 2 Team Rocket complaint threads, someone has just brought back the "sick of Ash thread" when we all thought it had finally died for good, Pokemon ruined in the anime...can't anyone make a thread about predictions in the future or something? These sort of threads (as well as "what is your favourite__?") keep coming up over and over again and it's only on this forum, I'm sure.

Last edited:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years

i don't mean to be rude or anything, but the game storyline is just as repetetive as the anime storyline. And Jorah, yeh I know. People like complaining too much...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
I totally agree ppl do complain a bit too much, and it is time to make a difference...when will anyone learn that THEY are not in control of what happens in the anime and they will have to learn to live on with it...honeslty?

but I have nothing to complain about...I like it and the Sinnoh series made it better...

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
Years
I grew up on the first 2 seasons, they were great! I stopped watching the anime after they ended. I've seen a few episodes of the new series..Their just....Ew..IMO. I think they should just show re-runs of the first few seasons lol.

Vernikova

Banned
Years
my opinion about the animeis that its getting old and repetitive. Why? well think of it like this. in each season, Ash does the same thing. he goes from town to town trying to catch new pokemon and meeting new people and trying to win badges. Does anyone else here agree with me and if so why?

Why are you bringing this up? It's been very obvious already the the show is repetitive since Johto. I mean, anyone watching the show knows that already so there's no need to complain if you're actually still watching the show if you're just going to continue. If you're not going to, why have you stuck with it since Johto? I don't know but the show is built on that.

Jorah said:
How many complaint threads does this section need? :/ Seriously, there are 2 Team Rocket complaint threads, someone has just brought back the "sick of Ash thread" when we all thought it had finally died for good, Pokemon ruined in the anime...can't anyone make a thread about predictions in the future or something? These sort of threads (as well as "what is your favourite__?") keep coming up over and over again and it's only on this forum, I'm sure.
I've noticed that as well. You speak the truth.

I swear I'm going to start copying some Serebii threads here.

Last edited:
Back