• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I think the anime is getting old...

Kazukii

Banned
Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    It's not really up to debate. The Pokemon anime has been repetitive since day one. If someone's complaint about the show is how repetitive it is, then they probably never liked the show in the first place. Wrong, I enjoyed it at first

Some complaints are actually valid, to a point. Quality of animation, voice acting (dub only), characterization, (lack of) continuity. But someone who is crying over how repetitive it is is in the wrong franchise. Who said anything about crying? xD Pokemn is built off of repeating the same message of love, friendship, and buying more merchandise.

My opinions have been highlited in blue =D

Years
  • I think the main problem is that there is no ending in sight. Once it feels like Ash is getting somewhere they introduce a new region and it starts over. After awhile you realize it's going to be a long long time before he ever completes his quest so you don't feel as inclined to catch every episode anymore.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    My opinions have been highlited in blue =D

What did you enjoy, and why isn't the current Sinnoh stuff enjoyable? Believe it or not, Pokemon was repetitive back in Kanto (arguably, even more so) so that isn't really a valid complaint. You can't fault Sinnoh/Hoenn/whatever for being repetitive, but love Kanto even though it has the same/more repetitiveness.

I think the main problem is that there is no ending in sight. Once it feels like Ash is getting somewhere they introduce a new region and it starts over. After awhile you realize it's going to be a long long time before he ever completes his quest so you don't feel as inclined to catch every episode anymore.

Often, children's shows aren't built with a set end in mind. Especially a show who's purpose is to advertise/promote the rest of the franchise. After Pokemon became a success, it's clear it has no end...until it stops making money.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    What did you enjoy, and why isn't the current Sinnoh stuff enjoyable? Believe it or not, Pokemon was repetitive back in Kanto (arguably, even more so) so that isn't really a valid complaint. You can't fault Sinnoh/Hoenn/whatever for being repetitive, but love Kanto even though it has the same/more repetitiveness.

Often, children's shows aren't built with a set end in mind. Especially a show who's purpose is to advertise/promote the rest of the franchise. After Pokemon became a success, it's clear it has no end...until it stops making money.

I can't remember what I liked about it cause I havn't watched it in a few months. It's probably that I grew out of the childish plots.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I can't remember what I liked about it cause I havn't watched it in a few months. It's probably that I grew out of the childish plots.

Well, there we go. That's the answer I expected. You grew out of it (which is fine, it happens). I'm just tired of hearing how "KANTO IS TEH R0XORZ" and Sinnoh just sucks.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I think the main problem is that there is no ending in sight. Once it feels like Ash is getting somewhere they introduce a new region and it starts over. After awhile you realize it's going to be a long long time before he ever completes his quest so you don't feel as inclined to catch every episode anymore.

That's because the show is supposed to advertise the games. It's always going to be like that unless there's a spin-off or something.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years

Oh course there is no end in sight. Yes, maybe it makes the show a little annoying but I still think the show is doing very well. In many ways, better then ever. However, if they decide to end it, they will either just sort of end it so they can bring it back in the future in case Pokemon ever booms again. Or they are going to end it with a glorious battle where Ash becomes the champion of all the world. So which do you think it's going to be? I bet I know...

Years
  • Well yeah I know just about all kid shows are designed with no end in sight. The problem is after enough time that becomes pretty clear to the viewers and fatigue sets in. If the show was just a series of very different self contained plots (Like say, The Simpsons) it could theoretically go on forever but it's one of those shows where they do variations on the same episode over and over and that eventually gets old, no matter how good. So unless the franchise itself is going sour (Which game sales indicate otherwise) that's really the only reason I can see for people getting tired of the show as it's still about the same quality as it's always been.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • You all realize the anime exists to advertise Pokemon and new concepts right? I mean since its all really about marketting new Pokemon, new ideas, new characters etc, it really isn't going to end until they announce "this generation will be the last."

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    You could think that but also think how small pokemon would be without it I do like this season better than the first But its still not my favorite Dawn is one of my favorite characters but anyway think about it without the amine I wouldn't have gotten into pokemon in the first place and would not be posting this there would be no fandom no pokepark no pokecenter in japan or new york

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Argh... I stopped watching at the beginning of Battle Frontier, It started getting old at Hoenn, but the new voice actors sealed it for me.

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
  • I stopped watching it half way through the Johto series tbh /: I think I grew out of it, it started getting irritating.

I may sometimes watch it if nothing else is on TV, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it anymore.

Years
  • I thought the whole team rocket thing started to get old...and then I began to watch it less...and then I stopped watching it :/

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
  • ugh, the team rocket thing got old half way through the Kanto series for me =))

It was pretty much exactly the same thing every episode :S

It got to the point that if I heard "looks like team rocket is blasting off again!!!" I wanted to punch my TV =))

Years
  • I know! I wish that for once they would GET Pikachu!!!!! Or whatever Pokemon they're trying to get that they never can... - __ -;

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
  • It makes me think, why don't they give up already? =)) I know it's aimed at children, and on childrens' shows good always triumphs over (sp?) evil... but it has gotten old.

Years
  • I agree. I mean...with the whole stealing Pikachu thing, if they would've got Pikachu, that could've given Pokemon like...3 extra episodes or something maybe.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2011
    I say best since Johto...

I think that when the show introduced the coordinator and their competitions with the arrival of may (who rules) and max (who i didn't care for) it started to lose fans and ratings. But I saw somewhere online that the majority of old and new fans have begun to watch again due to the series being less repetitive again. Anyways, I'd watch pokemon under any circumstances tho...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    But contests was something that would attract female fans and appeal to female fans already and guys like it too so I dont think it was a bad addition.

Back