• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rise Above The Crowd

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • What do you think about being a leader? Worth it or not?

I (obviously) Thinsk that "rising above the crowd" is really good, that way, your in control of the way things flow.

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
    Years
  • It all would depend on how one thinks of themself as a person. Ironically, it's been known that the people who have desired to be a leader are unfit to be so.

I personally wouldn't like to be a leader.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'd like to have a degree of control over things since I know I'm not an idiot, but not so much that I am relied upon.

Like being a corporal in the army, you possibly get to direct a fire-team's targets but don't have a whole platoon expecting you to keep them alive.

... It's amazing how this thread makes us all look egoistical.

Last edited:

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • It's a bit of a dilemma for me.

I know I could make a good leader, but I'm also aware of my selfishness.
    As I am now, I'd rather stay second-in-command, even if it's just to protect people from me and my [lack of] care for others.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    I prefer to stay in the background and allow someone else the opportunity to lead. If it becomes apparent that they are unfit to be in such a position then I take over. I'm extremely open-minded and objective to other's thoughts and opinions, but I still lack when it comes to communication, I think. Being reserved, I don't believe I communicate enough whenever I am in a group setting in general, not just whenever I am in a controlling position. That's definitely something I am conscious of and need to work on in the future.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Oh god this thread was made for me. I really do feel like the leader type and do a swell job most of the time. When it comes to me being the leader on school projects or such i actually get the job after my friends give it up to me as they all know i cant function right if i dont have sense of authority leadership. And cause they know if i do function right my ideas or train of thought would be better then that of the leader and apoint me that role sooner or later. So yeah i usually rise above the crowd.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • I think I'm a good leader, although I don't particularly enjoy responsibility, just the power to get things done the way I want to, which usually amounts to getting things done as quickly and adequately as possible.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Yeah, I'm a good leader. I could run one of my elective classes (I know more about the subject matter than the teacher...), I DO run an already popular newsletter... and I'm generally looked upon as the ultimate goal to people-- even you can beat me on a test or quiz (give up hope for writing assignments: I have an A+ average), they feel like they've climbed Mount Everest.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Leader? Depends on what sort of leader you're referring to, doesn't it?

I don't fancy myself as a dictator. I wouldn't want my word to be treated above the word of all others. I wouldn't want to run a country, an empire or perhaps the entire planet by myself, with my rule. I wouldn't want that sort of power (nor should anyone) because not only is it too much, but because judgements can be wrong and humans are flawed.

I've seen that one man cannot rule over civilisation without making mistakes; we've all seen it. If I were in control of something as big as a country, I'd have a lot of people by my side, helping me make decisions and helping me learn from my mistakes. We all make mistakes; you've got to make mistakes if you're in control of a country. Would I relish the job? No, probably not. I've seen power corrupt people; corrupt my judgement. I'd be too paranoid of letting that happen to enjoy something like that.

But if we're talking about school projects here, then yes, make me the leader. As if I'd let any of my friends block my path of getting an A.

Savage

Ignorance is bliss.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 15, 2009
    Being leader isn't so much that empresses me, but the amount of respect you receive.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I don't do well in a team so badly I go solo. In a pair I usual lead.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Depends on what is the thing you're talking about to be a leader of.

If it's something I'm not good at or don't like, then I'd never be the leader, cause I don't like it, and I don't deserve to be.
    On the other hand, if it's something I like, and I am very good at, then I'd think about it.

Being a leader has a lot of responsibilities to be taken care of.
    A good leader always takes the first step if it's something bad they have to face, and he/she let's everyone else go first if its something good for everyone.
    I never actually wanted to be a leader for these reason and many other reasons.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    I'm the wise tyrant. If I care about something, I take the helm and steer it. It's my way or the highway--which is fine because people who go against my decisions tend to be in the minority. Oh yeah, I hate decisons...that's why the wise tyrant always gets some of his/her top followers to help him/her in decision-making. It's a policial way to make sure you don't take the blame.

At school, for example, I need deflating. I've left enough footprints on the school that my name and graduation year are on some of the equipment. I call the shots in several organisations as well as what goes in and comes out of the PA. It's amazing how many professionals and how many of my peers defer to me. Not that I'm not open for discussion or anything...remember, tyrants are popularly-chosen, so people do value my opinion.

Famous (though some would prefer infamous), I am one of triumvirate other than the Valedictorian and Captain of the football team (I comfortably sit in the middle of the continuum between those two...it's awesome). It takes hard work and initiative to reach such heights; many people aren't suited and should be followers. After all, Plato said something about the 'philosopher king' if I recall my European history correctly...the wise rule.[/melodrama]

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
  • Leaders? I work alone...

But I'd prefer to be an advisor rather than the guy in charge. That way, I can stop him from doing stupid stuff without having to take any responsibilty :P
    THIS

also i normally act independantly from a group whilst being connected with it.
    That way if they get caught i am scott free and if i get caught they all come down with me HA!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I usually just go with whatever's happening and only say something if I disagree. Everyone else thinks up suggestions...I decide XD I wouldn't want to be a leader, but I'd get pretty annoyed if someone thought they could just say something and everyone else do it.

Leaders? I work alone...

But I'd prefer to be an advisor rather than the guy in charge. That way, I can stop him from doing stupid stuff without having to take any responsibilty :P

Haha yes, advisor would be good.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • Leaders? I work alone...

This. Pretty much all of my friends have NO idea how to "lead" so after they seize control of something they usually make me second in command and I end up doing all the work.

Back