• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
  • As far as I'm aware the New Posts link was moved under Search manually and not because of an upgrade. Why exactly was this so? My first guess is that the navigation bar is too cluttered which is why it may have been placed under Search.

Now I'd rather not use the feature since it isn't as convenient to click. =\

Eon-Rider

Years
  • Due to clutter, yeah. How is it inconvenient to click? O.o; You click twice and you have the page loaded.

I knew someone was going to say that. =\
    /me attempts to fight in a war he probably can't win.

The New Posts page was like the bread-and-butter feature of PC and now it's all hidden away. I'm not entirely sure if my guess is correct but it's probably the most clicked link on PC. Being able to click just like that to get a full page of threads that have new posts. Sure it does the same thing now but it just isn't as efficient at doing its job.

Why not remove the Help or FAQ part of FAQ/Help? Everyone knows what Help means (even though it doesn't have the same feel as FAQ).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I agree with Eon-Rider, it's one of the most popular links. However, I'm not going to change the skin I use purely for that reason, so instead... I'll make an OVP thread and prove his point, make it come back by popular demand :D

Last edited:

Zet

Years
  • how exactly is it one of the most popular links? I've never used it before. Just because you use it and just some people you know use it doesn't make it popular.

But in the end, it's either man up and do the two clicks or don't use it at all

Eon-Rider

Years
  • Whoa! You've never used it before? I find that slightly unbelievable. You should try it sometime. Every time I click it I get a newpostgasm. ;)

Zet

Years
  • I do things the old fashion way and just look at the index until a thread appears that gives me slight interest to take a look at

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just look at the results so far, there has been all yes'. It makes life easier for the majority, therefore, popular.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I meant results in my OVP thread. Go see. :D People actually like it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It was much more convenient before and your reasoning is due to clutter? What's next, taking away/relocating UserCP due to clutter too, hmm?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Of course not, but my point is that it has been in that location for so long that changing it now seems unecessary, as most seemed to prefer it visible.

Eon-Rider

Years
  • Well here are a few suggestions:
    • As mentioned before, change FAQ/Help back to FAQ as it originally was or just use Help
    • Change Chatroom to Chat like it is already on some of the skins.
    • Get rid of Rules. Who reads them anyway? =S

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • There is always the option of making "New Posts" into a bookmark on your browser's Bookmark toolbar...

But as I use it quite heavily, I would have preferred if it weren't placed under a dropdown menu.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Whoa, whoa, wait. You're arguing that you can't click twice instead of once to get what you want?

What is this madness?

Eon-Rider

Years
  • Whoa, whoa, wait. You're arguing that you can't click twice instead of once to get what you want?

What is this madness?

Mhm, pretty much. =)

I've started to accept Ayano Katagiri's alternative method even if it means moving my cursor all the way up there. =\

Back