• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you ever e-date?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Following a discussion with Klippy concerning someone, I began to wonder ABOUT THE POKÉCOMMUNITY. So would you ever e-date? Or would you rather be face to face?

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I would. Nothing wrong with looking for someone compatible online in my opinion. Granted, you do have to be more careful, and relationships don't last as long, I don't believe they're ineffective.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2021
    Personally, I think your reason, Nica behind this thread is absolutely HORRID. There is no freakin' way that I'm gunna happily respond to this, in all honesty. The conversation that lead you to post this, was something that you shouldn't have stuck your nose into; said conversation had already been dealt with in a different way as far as I know, between the two people. As Klippy said, he made his point very clear, and the people involved mentioned previously in other freakin' conversations that they have they're own way of dealing with things.

And in reply to your thread? After a previous online relationship I swore I would not take that step again, and there is in fact only one reason that I would do that again.. and that's not going to happen, as of yet. And is very unlikely to.

But why even post a thread like this? It's basically a group of people freakin' broadcasting themselves to paedophiles and such. Yeah, so I just had a bit of a rant.. and in my opinion, it was necessary.

So yeah, I would most likely not have an online relationship, it's not a good idea.. it tends to result in hurt, and a lot of it. Which also tends not to be exactly pleasant.

Thanks for takin' the time to read this.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    i agree with emily its like your putting a sticker on everyones head saying "easily lured into cars"

Years
  • E-dating itself is usually best done without any prior whim of trying to locate somebody online before actually doing so, otherwise you'd be leading yourself to such an impulse move that will most likely fail due to recklessness. Dating in itself is the very definition of starting a relationship that later becomes intimate. Most notably, internet relationships are mostly deemed unsuccessful because of the extra sensitivity needed to maintain such bond between two people, and how such relationships are usually started on impulse. It is also the case that people would not want to start an internet relationship with others due to the longer distances that usually pose a problem.

However, it is certainly not the case that an online relationship doesn't hold water, in some cases it's more than successful than your average happy couple on the street. Communication is the key essence in any relationship and it is also a common scenario in most real life relationships that a couple would only rely on lust and physical attraction to keep their bond intact, which in itself isn't actually as much of a bond as it is a single thread tying them together without any other form of substance to prove the couple's compatibility. I could state many points, but to avoid myself rambling too much, I'll get to my answer.

I feel as though I've already been given the prime example of how an online relationship can boast of the greatest sense of love and comfortability ever experienced. I've been in many offline relationships that never actually kicked off due to...issues I've experienced in the past. It's more than convinced me that I would not have much luck in that area. However, there is one person that has given me more than I could have ever asked for, let alone even imagined I could ever have. I'm not going to go into it too much, but I would better sum it up by saying such a relationship can be most successful when you're sharing it with the right person. Nothing is impossible, heck, it's more than enough to give you aspiring ambitions for the future.

Reactions: Zet

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I'm up for meeting someone online through any of the numerous sites they have now. But as for actual dating? I'd much rather be face to face. It just seems a bit more real and natural to me. I feel like if I really started liking the person, I'd actually want to meet them instead of just chatting with them over the internet. Which, don't get me wrong, I'm sure has worked for some people and isn't totally ineffective. It's just...eh...not for me.

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
  • I use to play a MMORPG (FFXI) and their were actually tons of online daters. One couple actually met in the game, found out they lived by each other, and ended up getting married in real life. Now I know that's a rare occasion but it CAN happen. I never got into the whole dating seriously online.. For me, it just doesn't interest me. I like to go out with my girlfriends, and I would rather not have a relation based on text/phone calls.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
  • No i wouldn't. It's personally better to share moments in the real world, Not in the internet world where all you have is text.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • Part of what Siggy posted reflects a bit about me: Where I live, people aren't how I ever wanted them to be. I don't really get along with anyone in real life, let alone girls, which have never been interested in me. Of course, I've had numerous crushes in real life, but haven't worked at all, but online, in Pokémon sites, I've met lots of people that I consider more friends than in real life, and if I could go to where most live, I would. But more importantly, and getting to the point, I've e-dated many times. 5 times at least, and about 4 of them I've met them here, on PC. In fact, all pairs that have been seen in my sig were all met here, but only one of them I've actually had a solid relationship, which went beyond a regular e-dating, to the point of her phone-calling me; from New York, to here, México. And she even sent me a b-day gift through snail-mail, which got here just in time. Unfortunately, since July 29, I never heard from her again, and still expecting her comeback... :(

Well, in other words, e-dating for me has worked a lot more for me than actual dating, a LOT more. I have, and will do so, since Communication in a relationship is what really matters.
    (For those interested in what member I'm talking about, check out member number 82364)

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Well... I would have to get to know that person... but yeah, I would. We can send photos to each other, and webcam chat. Of course, if I could date her in real life, I would, but I have no problem e-dating. But thats just me. And, e-dating is all based on trust, am I not correct? xD

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
  • No, the chance that I'd ever meet that person in real life is so small that I wouldn't even bother. And always when one of the people meet someone they like in real life, they just ditch whoever they were "dating" with online.

It's just a waste of time really.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I would probably go onto E-Harmony to be an ass and see which old, ugly men match up with me, but for real love, no. I simply have no interest in getting in a romantic relationship at the moment.

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    I probably could, actually, seeing as how I get along better with people on the Internet then in real life. But I would really have to trust them, and I must have known them for a while as a really good friend.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Lololol.
    No, I'd get a crush on someone IRL and it'd be over, but if I met someone I liked IRL that was over the internet friendship or whatever, then yeah probably, depending on who it was.

Back