• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you ever e-date?

Lily!

moved
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    I'd rather meet face-to-face, but I'm not desperate for either right now. e_e
    I'd probably only e-date if I knew the person REALLY well, but then again, my dad isn't easy on the idea. x_x​

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Everyone has physical needs as much as emotional. So maybe I would edate, but I think it's kinda lame, cause if I really liked them then I would want to kiss them, etc.
    I have my eyes on one guy IRL anyways, so probably not.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    I definitely prefer face to face, since I've only had experiance with meeting face to face, but my opinion is that there's really nothing horribly wrong with e dating as long as you're careful. And you do need to be more careful. Besides that, I'm already going out with someone in real life, so yeah.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I don't like dating over the internet as you never get to see the person, and you never get to know them on a personal level.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I've eDated before. It wasn't so bad as I thought, but.... it's not really the same as real life dating.

Also, it must be someone I know for a long time. :]

xMeowthz

Starting off fresh, again.
    Years
    No. I wouldn't kiss the screen. It's really obvious, it's not good for me. A date without knowing who they REALLY are?

Nemaru

nah
    Years
    I like IRL dating a lot more then e-dating, you can't even hug the person; and I get cranky when I don't get my hugs. >=O

Anyway, you can't go to the movies, dinner, or even hang out with each other on the internet. It's like this:
    WeirdGuy221: hi
    PrettyPony412: hey
    WeirdGuy221: *hugs* =)
    PrettyPony412: *Hugs back*

And then you're pretty much done. =/ Yeah, it sucks.

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    I like IRL dating a lot more then e-dating, you can't even hug the person; and I get cranky when I don't get my hugs. >=O
    I'm exactly the same. :3

Although I've never actually dated - I'm young, blahblahblah - I don't think I would ever e-date. I've thought about it but it's never seemed that appealing to me. I'd just prefer the time you can spend just being together. For me, you don't get that online.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    No, that's unnatural for me. I hardly even date in real life. But I still prefer real life dating to Internet dating. =/​

Years
    I wouldn't. I don't know, it just doesn't sit well with me. I'd rather have a relationship face-to-face than with someone online.

Friendships are all fine and dandy, but taking it beyond that... I just couldn't do it. Even if I don't know any guys here. D8

!gnition

DDRtist
    Years
    Even though I wouldn't consider myself really the outgoing/social type, I would much more rather speak to someone face to face rather than e-dating.

Speaking face to face may be more nerve wracking at first but you can find out a lot more about a person this way compared to e-dating. From appearance, personality, body language, tone of voice the list goes on...

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    I'd rather be face-to-face. Granted you might find someone perfect for you over the internet, but if that happened to me I would have to meet them face-to-face if I wanted to date them. To many people are out there that pretend that they are 14 when in reality they are 20+...and there are also a lot of people out there who pretend to be someone they aren't.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    E-dating isn't in my dictionary, sorry. :|
    I mean, people on the internet can just lie about their identity or something but well, if you really know that person and you have met IRL even just let's see, once or twice, I wouldn't mind that. :3
    Face to face is definitely better ;3

Back