• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is destiny real?

Is there such a thing as destiny

• yes

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • no

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • It all depends on you

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters

waterelemental

One who watches for the dawn
Years
  • IS there such a thing as destiny are we all chosen to do somthing when we are born or do we walk are own path. Can destiny be changed if we don't like our own?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Generally, I don't believe in stuff like that one's fate has already been written down when he/she was born.

I say that if one puts enough effort, then he/she can do anything he/she wants to.

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
  • i decide my own fate. i believe in that. i think that things that happen to you or around you are the direct (or indirect) result of your actions. that is what i believe. want to change your destiny? then do something about it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • In the sense of the word, Destiny is what you make of your life. That's what I think. So, you can shape your destiny however you like. :/

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The possible outcomes of our actions changes with each one we make. 'Destiny' is the concept of these outcomes due to the actions, to me at least. Under this guise it becomes a simple word to express result, so my answer is no, destiny in the popular prophetic sense doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • To me, Destiny is all the things that are within your realm of control. You can choose your Destiny accordingly. Fate, is all the events and happenings which you cannot change or prevent. Sometimes when you choose to do something, you are set to a certain fate.

SO yes. I believe that Destiny does exist.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • No, I'm sorry, I'm not a member of the Order. And for those who want me to think otherwise, then I'm going to utilize the second ammendment to the best of my legal capabilities, lul.

If you know what I mean. (i.e; I do not believe in destiny)

star88

colour blind artist [no joke]
    Years
  • everyone one has a hidden path which they walk, small things like going to the shops or not do not usually matter but occasionally they can lead to big things . choice liked these are marked on your life line as a warning that you must choose between to things that could change your very existence.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • Destiny is somewhat real.
    Everyone has a certain amount of life events they can either choose to accept or reject.
    The path changes with every choice, but some choices more important than others.

zerwey

:3
    Years
  • I believe destiny can be changed by free will.

To quote Star Wars, Darth Vader told Luke that being on the dark side was his destiny, but Luke combated his "destiny" with his free will.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    Not sure, I think that our choices determine what we go through, but there is a plan for each of us.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • There are somethings which are inevitable, like me being a lazy nerd for the rest of my life. However, i don't class that as 'fate'. I think that everyone has a range of options open to them and while not everybody's options lead to the same places, everybody gets to choose their own.

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
  • No, I don't think so. I can do anything I want to right now, I don't believe anything is really predetermined - meaning I could choose to throw myself off a two-story building right now, or shoot myself and my entire family, or drop out of school and live as a transient, but I am much more likely to get a degree and a career and an apartment somewhere and live for as long as I am able to. So there's a certain group of paths I am more likely to choose or end up in due to my current circumstance, but I could hypothetically do anything that is currently within my power.

And honestly I don't feel it matters anyway. You might as well live like you have free will, even if you really don't - what do you have to lose?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I believe in destiny, but not in the sense that people are books.
    People are more like clay, but I'm not going to get more profound than that.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • I, being a Christian, believe in destiny, but my thought of it goes like this:

God set up for us a certain plan, a destiny, if you will, for us to follow. It is up to us, however, to follow it. As a metaphor, think of it like this:

God opens the doors, but it is up to you to walk through them.

Second Coming of Jebus

pies be with you
    Years
  • Their is a destiny. How it plays out is our own way. The different paths that you take are called fates. Some people though(like me) can see their future destiny in their dreams. Through that we can know an event in our lives that happens. When though is not known and how it plays out is by your own hand. Now if you know it you can play it to your advantage but that would be cheating. So the fateful event happens a bit different now that you meddled with time. Yes I do believe all this and yes you might think its garbage but I think its the truth and is how every live is planned.

Are you sure you're not just getting déjà vu and misinterpreting it as a dream? Because seriously lol. There is no such thing as destiny or fate, when will people wake up and stop believing in crap like this.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    My belief is that there are an infinite amount of universes that have infinite amounts of outcomes, even if the difference is that a pebble is a centimeter more to the north. And that time always goes and the future is never forseeable until it is the present. And whichever branch of timelines we take all depends on our own actions as biotic and abiotic material of the universe.

Bottom line: There really is no destiny, just what you want to become and your will to it as well as coincidences that intervene.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Destiny is like a sandcastle on the edge of the water. You can choose to go along with the tide (destiny) or fall back onto the sand, which represents choice/control.

Gah, my philosophical theory is blah. My main point is: destiny only exists if you want it to.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Of course there is destiny. If you do something today, it'll affect your future, whether it be good or bad. You can change it by intervening its course, through doing something opposite to what you're doing.

Back