• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is destiny real?

Is there such a thing as destiny

• yes

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • no

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • It all depends on you

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    No, I don't base my epiphanies on Star Wars, I'm just saying xD
    And destiny is an unknown thing. Does destiny exist? Does it? DOES IT?! DOES IT??!!
    Just saying!! XD
    Does it? DOES IT? Don't know. Exist? People talk about destiny a lot but.. what is it? A place? A happening? An object? Ahh?

zerwey

:3
    Years
    Yeah...what is destiny?
    Personally, about destiny, I don't know. It's a very mysterious topic. Does it exist or not? I know that if it exists, it will definitely be changeable by free will. But that is all I know.

zerwey

Years
    I have my knowledge....from within myself. I can feel the POWER erupting from me, the Uber. Muhahahahamuahahahhahhahuahahahahamuahahahahahahah!!!!!!! >:]

*clears throat* Gotta stay on topic, though. My little episode there is over. =D
    Destiny is an unseen thing, like germs. According to most people, destiny determines your future: e.g. your occupation, how you die. If destiny exists, it can be changed by free will. Since I'm a Christian, I guess God controls our destiny. But God will not mess with our free will.

Just my three cents.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Inside yourself? Where? In your stomach?
    Germs can be seen though. Just not to the naked eye. Under a microscope and in a petri dish, you can see bacteria as clear as day. Destiny has never been seen. It won't, anyway.
    So God controls your destiny, but not your free will? So actually YOU are controlling your destiny. If you use your free will then you can change your destiny right?

zerwey

Years
    Well, if you just sat there all day doing nearly nothing (except eat and sleep) I guess your destiny is pretty much going downhill.
    But you're right. In a way, you do control your own destiny, but before you head off, God knows what's going to happen to you 20 years from now.
    So God knows, but He doesn't mess with free will.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    So he knows what's going to happen... but he doesn't control it. He just knows. You control it. Zerwey, you are a fountain of destiny knowledge :P

Back