PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think the next LEGEND will be?

Haza
September 19th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Elvis, Michael Jackson and so many others have already made their marks as musical legends. Who do you think will be the next. Im sure a lot of u saw this coming from me but the only person to come to mind is Beyonce. No one is as amazing as her.

Mitchman
September 20th, 2009, 12:20 AM
No one. Someone could get it for this generation of music but on a general level no one will ever be as grand, as great, and so talented as Michael Jackson was.

Tudj
September 20th, 2009, 12:20 AM
I guess, but I don't see and off the current music singers being as big as the ones you mentioned, (Elvis, Michael Jackson). But I think that the next big thing will come with the next Big Sound.

Graceful
September 20th, 2009, 01:08 AM
I know the Queen Of J-pop Already! XD I dunno. I would like Green Day to be a legend but......Fate will decide! ^_^

The Darkest Gale
September 20th, 2009, 01:15 AM
I agree with beyonce but out of groups it depends really because of these come backs and new artists e.g mini viva,little boots,U2,take that
I don't know why but the first 2 that came to mind were U2 and the prodigy lol

Sweet Jasmine
September 20th, 2009, 01:17 AM
I think Madonna should be the next Legend!. ^.^ Or Lady Gaga. xD. They're both incredible! <3

Haza
September 20th, 2009, 01:24 AM
I could see Madonna too but no one really has an impact with legendary perfromances like Beyonce. Have any of you ever seen on of her concerts? She completely kills it on stage. Especially in her concerts.

Klippy
September 20th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Kings of Leon as the Kings of Alternative music<3

John Mayer as the King of Pop Rock Blues<3

Haza
September 20th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I absolutely agree with the above post of John Mayer. He is a musical genuis really.

Gold warehouse
September 20th, 2009, 11:45 AM
None of the artists around at the moment will ever be able to reach the status of a musical legend. We're talking about Elvis, MJ and The Beatles here. Dream on.

Gumball Watterson
September 20th, 2009, 09:00 PM
DragonForce will become the next Legend, just you wait and see...

*gets stared at by everyone*

:(

Haza
September 20th, 2009, 09:18 PM
None of the artists around at the moment will ever be able to reach the status of a musical legend. We're talking about Elvis, MJ and The Beatles here. Dream on.

In my opinion, Elvis wasnt even that great. Women just thought he was hot and he seduced them with his "dancing".

The beatles are boring in my opinon. Everyone acts like they are all great and fantastic but I cant sit through any of their songs.

Michael is the only one who I can think though there are many more like Elton John and more that really stands out.

Ofcourse you arent going to be able to really say who can earn Legendary status if you are not musically open minded.

michele
September 20th, 2009, 09:34 PM
i don't think there will be any other "legends" for a long while.
michael jackson, elvis, and the beatles didn't just make good music - they revolutionized their era and had an amazingly strong influence on the public, whether or not you were a fan.
there aren't any artists/bands in this generation who have done the same.

Aphrodite
September 20th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Lets be honest here, those days are gone. The people who are most likely to become 'legends' are Miley Cyrus, Soulja Boy etc... but there is hope with John Mayer.

Haza
September 20th, 2009, 09:58 PM
michael jackson, elvis, and the beatles didn't just make good music - they revolutionized their era and had an amazingly strong influence on the public, whether or not you were a fan.

You dont think? Where do the current musical trends come from? Who are people of the same genre often compared to? Legends are often recognized after the fact but few see it when its happening I guess.

Aphrodite
September 20th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Do you count Disney as an artist? Okay, a record label. But more or less Disney are artists, churning out the mega-spunky-delicious-sexy-pop craze that is Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, Demi Lovato (lesser of the evils) and many others.

Haza
September 20th, 2009, 10:42 PM
I have a proposition. Since the beginning of history women have akways been put in a different standard than men frim sports to everyday life so I think its hard fir many men to even consider a woman of being Legendary but there are Legendary women in music from Madonna to Tina to Mariah and Whitney. Beyonce puts a whole new spin on things. She is the Legendary woman of our day.

Aphrodite
September 20th, 2009, 10:57 PM
You'd think Dolly Parton would be mentioned, considering where she came from and what shes done. SHE HAS HER OWN AMUSEMENT PARK. You may not like her songs, but she is a great person.

Though what everyone remembers about her is her boobs and her waist.

Haza
September 20th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Mmm, I wouldnt call her legendary through her music but I adore her. She is noy kegend material. Britney and Janet are future Legends too in my opinion.

Mukkamoto
September 21st, 2009, 12:24 AM
Britney Spears/Beyonce have all been at this for a long time and can become legends.
However i doubt we will see anyone like MJ ever again.

Haza
September 21st, 2009, 12:40 AM
Im not just being rude or anything but I feel as if Michael Jackson was highly overrated. And the one album that didnt get as big as the previous ones(Invincible) was the only one that I could listen to without skipping tracks.

stranger
September 21st, 2009, 12:54 AM
There will never be anyone as big as the afore mentioned artists ever again. Think about it, the music industry is far too vast for one artist to stand alone above all other now. The last of the big bands was U2, even they have gone past thier biggest days. The last of the solo artist legends is Michael Jackson. If you look at all the greats, none of them started out very recently, looking at what we have now, I don't feel any artist will ever be as big as the likes of Elvis, U2, Michael Jackson and others. Now, I hope I'm wrong, but the music industry is a multi billion Euro one, if someone were to dominate it, they would be the richest artist alive, but I don't think it's possible. The music industry is too vast now and we have too many genres, nevermind artists. So I don't feel we'll have any more big legends, the business isn't what it used to be, popular culture has become overly money driven.

Azonic
September 21st, 2009, 03:19 AM
Meh, legendary is a really relative term. =( Elvis, MJ, etc. could be regarded as legends, singers like Britney and Madonna are in limbo.

I'm thinking Whitney Houston? She opened up a giant style of singing which passed on to Fantasia, Hudson, Aguilera, etc.

Gold warehouse
September 21st, 2009, 07:37 AM
In my opinion, Elvis wasnt even that great. Women just thought he was hot and he seduced them with his "dancing".

The beatles are boring in my opinon. Everyone acts like they are all great and fantastic but I cant sit through any of their songs.

Of course you arent going to be able to really say who can earn Legendary status if you are not musically open minded.

lol wut.

These people have reached musical legend status not just because of their music, they were cultural icons of their time, renowned throughout the world. They tried out new things that nobody had ever seen before. True innovators, there was nobody else like them.

Yeah Beyonce is one of the (if not the) biggest artists in her genre, R&B. But she hasn't broke the boundaries and that is what makes a musical legend.

Looking at artists that became massive and known as the best for their particular genre, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, the aforementioned Dolly Parton and Madonna, comparing Beyonce to them is a little more realistic. She may well reach the same status as them in due time.

RAWR ^_^
September 21st, 2009, 08:46 AM
Whilst I won't deny Michael Jackson was an incredibly talented performer, a lot of the praise people give his music should be handed to Quincy Jones to be quite honest. There are artists out there who do everything - write their lyrics, produce their music, chereograph there shows, have artist input in videos etc. Michael Jackson may have wrote the lyrics and sang the lyrics, but the production of the songs etc is vastly down to Quincy Jones, who had a hand in Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad etc. Not saying he wasn't exceptionally talented, because he was, just that a lot of the music should be attributed to Quincy.

Neo-Dragon
September 21st, 2009, 09:19 AM
I think more then a single artist, a band will get it.
That band will most likely be U2.
Bono is annoying but he has put a lot of money and effort into his Africa stuff and his band aint bad either :P

michele
September 21st, 2009, 01:26 PM
Lets be honest here, those days are gone. The people who are most likely to become 'legends' are Miley Cyrus, Soulja Boy etc... but there is hope with John Mayer.
maybe to 2 year olds, but other than that i HIGHLY doubt that they will ever be close to the rankings of "legends".

humanking
September 21st, 2009, 03:11 PM
lol Lady Gaga ... never, neither beyonce, neither green day, neither John Mayer nether anyone because now the thing that matters is the look much more than the talent and now anybody can become a star since we can change your look AND the way you sound. This goes for every artist right now from the nice kid Mayer to the weird hermaphrodite (if it's true) Lady Gaga

Haza
September 21st, 2009, 08:45 PM
I think more then a single artist, a band will get it.
That band will most likely be U2.
Bono is annoying but he has put a lot of money and effort into his Africa stuff and his band aint bad either :P

I feel like U2 is already legendary. Coldplay is well o their way too.

Aphrodite
September 21st, 2009, 09:35 PM
maybe to 2 year olds, but other than that i HIGHLY doubt that they will ever be close to the rankings of "legends".

What I'm saying is, with society the way it is now, people are more inclined to think the whorish and the sexier singers are the better ones, along with 'gangsta' and 'bulletproof' rappers.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 27th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I'm guessing we're going to have to wait and see for the next generation because I think that theres only one legend per a generation

:t354:TG

colcolstyles
September 27th, 2009, 10:37 PM
As I read through all of these proposals, I realized that I really can't picture any artist from my generation as a "legend". It might just be the fact that they're from my time period so it's just hard to picture them as a "classic" or it could be the fact that I simply can't stand most recording artists these days :\

But if I had to say somebody, I'd probably go with The Fray...or maybe Snow Patrol...or Coldplay...or, uh, Katie Perry? Whatever it is that young people listen to these days...