• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who do you think the next LEGEND will be?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im not just being rude or anything but I feel as if Michael Jackson was highly overrated. And the one album that didnt get as big as the previous ones(Invincible) was the only one that I could listen to without skipping tracks.

Years
    • Seen today
    There will never be anyone as big as the afore mentioned artists ever again. Think about it, the music industry is far too vast for one artist to stand alone above all other now. The last of the big bands was U2, even they have gone past thier biggest days. The last of the solo artist legends is Michael Jackson. If you look at all the greats, none of them started out very recently, looking at what we have now, I don't feel any artist will ever be as big as the likes of Elvis, U2, Michael Jackson and others. Now, I hope I'm wrong, but the music industry is a multi billion Euro one, if someone were to dominate it, they would be the richest artist alive, but I don't think it's possible. The music industry is too vast now and we have too many genres, nevermind artists. So I don't feel we'll have any more big legends, the business isn't what it used to be, popular culture has become overly money driven.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Meh, legendary is a really relative term. =( Elvis, MJ, etc. could be regarded as legends, singers like Britney and Madonna are in limbo.

I'm thinking Whitney Houston? She opened up a giant style of singing which passed on to Fantasia, Hudson, Aguilera, etc.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    In my opinion, Elvis wasnt even that great. Women just thought he was hot and he seduced them with his "dancing".

The beatles are boring in my opinon. Everyone acts like they are all great and fantastic but I cant sit through any of their songs.

Of course you arent going to be able to really say who can earn Legendary status if you are not musically open minded.

lol wut.

These people have reached musical legend status not just because of their music, they were cultural icons of their time, renowned throughout the world. They tried out new things that nobody had ever seen before. True innovators, there was nobody else like them.

Yeah Beyonce is one of the (if not the) biggest artists in her genre, R&B. But she hasn't broke the boundaries and that is what makes a musical legend.

Looking at artists that became massive and known as the best for their particular genre, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, the aforementioned Dolly Parton and Madonna, comparing Beyonce to them is a little more realistic. She may well reach the same status as them in due time.

Last edited:

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • Whilst I won't deny Michael Jackson was an incredibly talented performer, a lot of the praise people give his music should be handed to Quincy Jones to be quite honest. There are artists out there who do everything - write their lyrics, produce their music, chereograph there shows, have artist input in videos etc. Michael Jackson may have wrote the lyrics and sang the lyrics, but the production of the songs etc is vastly down to Quincy Jones, who had a hand in Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad etc. Not saying he wasn't exceptionally talented, because he was, just that a lot of the music should be attributed to Quincy.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I think more then a single artist, a band will get it.
    That band will most likely be U2.
    Bono is annoying but he has put a lot of money and effort into his Africa stuff and his band aint bad either :P

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Lets be honest here, those days are gone. The people who are most likely to become 'legends' are Miley Cyrus, Soulja Boy etc... but there is hope with John Mayer.
    maybe to 2 year olds, but other than that i HIGHLY doubt that they will ever be close to the rankings of "legends".

humanking

Old School Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    lol Lady Gaga ... never, neither beyonce, neither green day, neither John Mayer nether anyone because now the thing that matters is the look much more than the talent and now anybody can become a star since we can change your look AND the way you sound. This goes for every artist right now from the nice kid Mayer to the weird hermaphrodite (if it's true) Lady Gaga

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I think more then a single artist, a band will get it.
    That band will most likely be U2.
    Bono is annoying but he has put a lot of money and effort into his Africa stuff and his band aint bad either :P

I feel like U2 is already legendary. Coldplay is well o their way too.

Her

Years
    • Seen today

maybe to 2 year olds, but other than that i HIGHLY doubt that they will ever be close to the rankings of "legends".

What I'm saying is, with society the way it is now, people are more inclined to think the whorish and the sexier singers are the better ones, along with 'gangsta' and 'bulletproof' rappers.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • As I read through all of these proposals, I realized that I really can't picture any artist from my generation as a "legend". It might just be the fact that they're from my time period so it's just hard to picture them as a "classic" or it could be the fact that I simply can't stand most recording artists these days :\

But if I had to say somebody, I'd probably go with The Fray...or maybe Snow Patrol...or Coldplay...or, uh, Katie Perry? Whatever it is that young people listen to these days...

Back