• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[VOTE] Gyarados vs Crystal Onix

The best of both?

• Gyarados

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Crystal Onix

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters

Prof.Oak

The Official Professor Oak !
Years
  • People have been debating about this.. So I just wanted to know PC's oppinion.

Wich of these 2 pokemon is stronger? Or just simply the best.

I'd say, Crystal Onix for his rock hard body.​

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well the crystal onix is just somthing made up by the anime but the red Gyarados should win becuase its a water type and water beats rock but if i remember correctly the crystal onix was in water in the anime.... but i will still go for Gyarados

Prof.Oak

Years
  • Well the crystal onix is just somthing made up by the anime but the red Gyarados should win becuase its a water type and water beats rock but if i remember correctly the crystal onix was in water in the anime.... but i will still go for Gyarados

I didint say "RED" Gyarados. I just meant a normal gyarados. But if a Red Gyarados would fight agains a Crystal Onix, the red gyarados would win. Since red gyarados use's fire moves aswell as water. Crystal onix is made out of Rock and Ice I believe. Fire + Ice is K.O. For sure. But Id say a Crystal Onix is stronger agains a normal gyarados because the Crystal onix use's the same water moves as Gyarados and it has a bigger DEF. Hard body, hard to penetrate.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • well thats hard its going to be more powerful than a normal onyx, so id for crystal onyx because if red gyradose would try to bite or burn it well c'mon its crystal its so strong :)

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Still doesn't change the fact that Gyarados both have a higher attack and that Water vs. Rock is supereffective last time I checked.
    Gyarados >>>>> any Onix

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    What the bloody waffles is this?

Any schmunk with common sense would know that the crystal Onix is anime only and is not a real Pokemon and is to never be spoken of. And the red Gyarados DOES NOT know fire type moves.

Theoretically, your normal Gyarados wins because nothing else seems to have any sanity.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    ....i have no idea what a crystal onix is, so i'll go with gyrados.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Still doesn't change the fact that Gyarados both have a higher attack and that Water vs. Rock is supereffective last time I checked.
    Gyarados >>>>> any Onix

Damn, people, get yo knowledge before you vote.

Crystal Onix was shown in the anime to be resistant to normal type moves, though weak to fire (basically a steel type).

So unless Gyarados knows Flamethrower/Fireblast (which it rarely does) then Onix has the advantage.

Prof.Oak

Years
  • Damn, people, get yo knowledge before you vote.

Crystal Onix was shown in the anime to be resistant to normal type moves, though weak to fire (basically a steel type).

So unless Gyarados knows Flamethrower/Fireblast (which it rarely does) then Onix has the advantage.
    Har, har, I guess I should get out the lab more and go do some more research on the rare Crystal Onix and the Red Gyarados now! :)

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Keep in mind Gyrados is capable of other types of moves as well besides water, it's hyper beam is also very powerful. Crystal Onix is very unique but I think that at the same level, Gyrados has the edge.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Keep in mind Gyrados is capable of dragon typee moves as well, it's hyper beam is also very powerful. Crystal Onix is very unique but I think that at the same level, Gyrados has the edge.

Hyper beam isn't much of a worry for a rock type like Onix. Plus, if the Crystal Onix is something like a Steel type, like I suggested earlier, then both Hyper Beam and Dragon-type moves would be not very effective.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Hyper beam isn't much of a worry for a rock type like Onix. Plus, if the Crystal Onix is something like a Steel type, like I suggested earlier, then both Hyper Beam and Dragon-type moves would be not very effective.

It could be like a steel type, we don't know much about it but from what we saw in the episode water didn't really have much of an effect, it was even in water. Charmeleon's fire attacks took it down and steel types are weak to fire. I kind of wish there was more info on it, well I haven't really looked into since seeing that episode a few times anyway.

Years
  • Crystal Onix is in the anime only,so there are no moves that it could learn in the game or anything but you can predict and give it your own moveset with your choice. I go with Crystal Onix due to the fact that Crystal makes it sound steel/ice type therefore the Crystal Onix has a bigger advantage than a Gyarados will unless the Gyarados is hekked or just been buffed many times through stat moves. Regularly Gyarados will win when versing with a normal Onix hands down. Oh yeah,and you guys should know that a Red Gyarados is just another way of saying a Shiny Gyarados,so no extra fire moves like Sacred Fire or anything for Gyarados please.

Back