• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[VOTE] Gyarados vs Crystal Onix

The best of both?

• Gyarados

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Crystal Onix

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters

Azonic

hello friends
    Years

I didint say "RED" Gyarados. I just meant a normal gyarados. But if a Red Gyarados would fight agains a Crystal Onix, the red gyarados would win. Since red gyarados use's fire moves aswell as water. Crystal onix is made out of Rock and Ice I believe. Fire + Ice is K.O. For sure. But Id say a Crystal Onix is stronger agains a normal gyarados because the Crystal onix use's the same water moves as Gyarados and it has a bigger DEF. Hard body, hard to penetrate.
    The only difference between a (shiny) red Gyarados and a normal Gyarados is the appearance. Normal Gyarados can use fire moves too. Even so in the anime (Misty's Gyarados). If a red Gyarados wins, then a normal Gyarados wins too.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Damn, people, get yo knowledge before you vote.

Crystal Onix was shown in the anime to be resistant to normal type moves, though weak to fire (basically a steel type).

So unless Gyarados knows Flamethrower/Fireblast (which it rarely does) then Onix has the advantage.

Hyper beam isn't much of a worry for a rock type like Onix. Plus, if the Crystal Onix is something like a Steel type, like I suggested earlier, then both Hyper Beam and Dragon-type moves would be not very effective.

Last time I checked Gyarados was able to learn EARTHQUAKE, that's supereffective be it steel-type, rock-type, or whatever. (unless that Onix suddenly turned into a flying-type poke by equipping a Crystalous Orb or something along the lines of that) Also, water is still neutral to steel, as are it to ice, so it would still do normal damage by using Waterfall.
    Heck, if you suggest that it's Steel/Ground just like its evo, Steelix, I don't see the problem at all.

Still Gyarados >>>>>>> any Onix

Destinyfate

ѵᄐᄂᄋ
    Years
    Well To me there almost a tie because Gyrados is a water type and Crystal Onix is a Ground Type But Even though ground onix has more resistance so no tie

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    I think that Gyarados, because of its strong moveset, but I think it is so close that the thing that would decide it is the moves.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Cruystal onyx-> Anime only character. We don't know whether its a steel, rock, ice type.
    Gyrados-> Its a pretty powerful pokemon + we know its moves.

NOTE: I will be calling crystal onyx as CO from now on. It really bothers me >_<!

So if a gyrados battles an ice type CO, then it can use flamethrower to damage it. If it battles a rock type CO then it will defeat it with its water techniques. If its a steel type CO then it can defeat it either by flamethrower or using EQ.

On the other hand, CO doesn't seem to have anything up its sleeve. We don't know anything about its moveset.(I guess its the same as any Onyx.) W/E it really can't stand a chance against a gyrados.

So Gyrados PWNS Crystal onyx! XD :P

Years

Since red gyarados use's fire moves aswell as water.

As far as I know the Red Gyarados has the same moveset as the regular Gyarados. As for the actual argument, I guess it'd depend on what type of crystal the Onix actually was. Like if it was diamond or something then of course it would win, but if it was made out of something brittle and it could shatter easily I'd say the Gyarados would win. I haven't seen the episode because I don't watch the anime series, but yeah there are too many unknown factors in regards to the Crystal Onix to make a proper decision.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    I can't compare a normal with an AnimE Pokemon just because the AnimE battle system is different (ever wondered how electric moves can hit ground type Pokemon?)
    So I'll have to get two aspects:
    AnimE aspect: Crystal ONIX
    Because: It's cool, rare, probably better than your average GYARADOS and it could evovle to a Crystal STEELIX o.O

Game Aspect: GYARADOS
    Because: it's opponment is a non-existing Pokemon.

That means I shouldn't vote either of them.

But because theories and blabbering is bad, I vote for Crystal ONIX, just because I chose so.

Bonzai-Cat

The Best Around
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2011
    wouldn't crystal Onix win against Gyrados because he is resistant to water attacks plus has rock moves that Gyrados would be weak against?

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
    Years
    Crystal Onix is either Steel or Ice(it was week to Fire attacks), most likely Ice because it appeared during the Orange Islands storyline before Steel was added as a type. Hope this helps your guy's debate.

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
    Gyarados used Earthquake!
    It's super effective!

If Crystal Onix was a steel type, anyway.

If not...

Gyarados used Earthquake!
    Gyarados' massive Attack Stat f--k'd up the crazy-strange Onix anyway!

GG!

- Tyros

Back