• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anybody watch the old shows after years?

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Okay, so i have not seen like any pokemon show since...i dont even know when. Shortly after misty left i think?

Anyways, i spent like 6-8 hours last weekend watching a bunch of episodes online (ad-crazy, but get past that and its convienent). Haha oh how i missed the old episodes. I mainly watched the big competitions (The silver conference i think....than when ash battled drake)

Thennn i watched the 3rd movie again. Defiently my favorite.

HAH i cant believe i still like cheered when charizard like saved ash. Im sorry, i just think charizard is like the best so every single time i see it im like all excited. :p

Haha yeah, anyone else have any similair experiences?

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Pretty much why I'm on this forum right now, because I hadn't watched Pokemon since I was like, ten, until a few weeks ago. I started watching the old episodes after I stumbled upon the first season's theme song on YouTube. And oh, the memories, they came flooding back. ^_^ So I decided I was gonna watch the very first episode, just because.

Well, it kinda turned into an all out obsession after that. I still haven't seen many of the May/Dawn episodes, and I'm currently in the Johto League where I'm watching them. :P

Ooh, and I just watched the third movie too (even though the 2nd is my favourite) and I was super excited when Charizard came back as well. xD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I love the old episodes. Even the idiots who are butts about me still playing Pokemon can't deny that the earlier shows were amazing and that they loved them. You can't hide the awesomeness that the first few seasons show. Much love for them. Much love indeed.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Yep. I wish I could watch them in order, but there isn't the full series on youtube. I still watch them from time to time though. Especially before school or at lunch etc.

The battle against Drake is the Orange Cup btw, not the Silver Conference. I forget the name of his rival in that one.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • Although I like the 3rdGen episodes the best, the beginning was what started it all, simply classic.

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I forget the name of his rival in that one.
    Harrison. I think. And yes I love old episodes, I might watch them all the time. The best series for me: Indygo League, Orange Islands and Master Quest. Johto Journeys and Johto League Champions were good too, but those are the best. I don't like Advenced Generation, and futher. Oh and I forget about Chronicles, that was great too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    Pretty much why I'm on this forum right now, because I hadn't watched Pokemon since I was like, ten, until a few weeks ago. I started watching the old episodes after I stumbled upon the first season's theme song on YouTube. And oh, the memories, they came flooding back. ^_^ So I decided I was gonna watch the very first episode, just because.

Well, it kinda turned into an all out obsession after that. I still haven't seen many of the May/Dawn episodes, and I'm currently in the Johto League where I'm watching them. :P

Ooh, and I just watched the third movie too (even though the 2nd is my favourite) and I was super excited when Charizard came back as well. xD

Pretty much the same here.. Though it was this trailer (Thought it reminded me of something and then I saw #2):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9xG09Ejk0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U94KSRjjR_8

And I like the Advanced Generation the best, so far, I'm not really at Sinnoh yet..

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Haha I did the same thing.

One day I was bored as hell and was trying to think of something to entertain myself. When something remembered me of Pokemon which I haven't watched since the crazy fad in the late 90's early 00's.

I decided to watch the first episode and was again hooked on the show. I have now seen every single Pokemon episode up to date and Pokemon Movie.

Years
  • The first and best season of course!

Has 10 years really passed?

The Danish cinemas showed the first three movies, but then it only got DTV!

Years
  • I have some of the first season episodes on DVD or something, somwhere, I think. The first season had so much more to it than the newer episodes do, they didn't follow a pattern and wern't so confined. There was a rawness about then as well, that just made them beautiful. I'll have to start watching them again. :>

Not so long ago I rewatched some of the old league episodes as well.. Bellsprout 1hit KOing Pikachu is such a classic in my mind <3

Years
  • I love to go back and watch the old episodes, I have some video's of some early episodes like Ash VS Lt. Surge... good times.

Cebalrai

Your Burmy Buddy!
    Years
  • Me and my best friend started watching the old episodes...And we found ourselves...Very happy. It was like being a kid again.

What a great show it was!

Ayselipera

Over the summer I watched up to the first 12 episodes. It was pretty nostalgic.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I do it all the time haha, a few months ago after years of not seeing the episode, I watched every single Kanto/Organge Islands/Johto episode all in a row. I have recently started watching again too. What I do is I watch it then wait a few months then watch them all again. I miss the good ol days a lot.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • In the past 2 months i've watched 310 episodes.. kanto, johto, hoenn and i will keep watching until the end..

The memories of Pokemon were so strong that i actually play again and i battle on wi-fi.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The best episodes are from the first few seasons so yeah, I often use them to reminise. Pokemon was my childhood.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • I watch a few episodes from the Indigo and Orange League from time to time. There nostalgic, but to say that I miss them... not really.

Guest123_x1

I do sometimes look back at older episodes just for the heck of it.
    I have three Indigo-era episodes on the "Fashion Victims" VHS.
    I also have at least two or three Johto-era episodes I taped off of KidsWB on WDWB TV20 Detroit (now WMYD, a MyNetworkTV affiliate). I haven't seen those for quite a long time.

"defno'

Monster Tamer
    Years
  • Every few weekends I watch the anime with my little cousins it brings back so many good memories...
    Hopefully they'll get some memories out of it too

Back