• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anybody watch the old shows after years?

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    A friend and I have been buying the amine. We still haven't gotten through all of the Indigo League, but watching what we have of the first season is so funny. In some ways it's so bad, yet it's so good at the same time XD.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I like all of the seasons. This Summer, I actually attempted to watch every single anime episode that was released. I started off really well and averaged about twenty episodes a day, watching the episodes at night because I was usually out during the day. However, my friends convinced me to get skype and I couldn't listen to them and the videos at the same time, so I ended up halting my episode-watching at EP109. It was really fun too. ;;

The original series is fantastic and I watch an episode from time to time. But DPPt is also great and new (in Japanese, not English), so I just stick to that.

Axєl

→ enveloping flames;
    Years
  • The old anime was better, and less aimed at children. So yes, I still do.

Maybe it seems that way, just because most of us were children when we first watched it? That could make it seem more intense.. xD;

Anyway, yes I do still watch old episodes from time to time, and tend to enjoy them more than the newer ones. Anything past the actual *AG/Hoenn episodes cease to impress me most of the time, which is a bummer.

* by that I mean that Battle Frontier series was still AG, and I.. didn't care for it much. D:

Umbrachu

Wants a cookie.
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2021
    I realized a few months ago I hadn't seen any episodes since before Johto, so I started watching online. I kind of freaked out when the Battle Frontier season started because almost everyone had their voices changed and it took some getting used to for me.
    A lot of the voice characterization was doubled up (like Ash and May were the same person) so when a few people left it seemed drastic.
    I've gotten used to it and I'm now on episode 536. But there's no denying the beginning was the best!

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • I bought the season two box set a while ago, thinking it would be the series when they were in Johto, which were my favourite. I was surprised to find Ash and co. in the midst of the Indigo League and headed for the Orange Islands. So awesome, especially since Misty was still there!

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    Im watching them all now. On episode 63, kinda of hard to sit and watch them all cause I got 2 other people into it also so I have to have them here to watch them. Im trying to watch them all in order, including the movies, but Im having a hard time figuring out when to insert the movies into the series. So I started a thread about it :D
    I also agree that the original series is the best, since I grew up watching them. :D

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    I downloaded most of the old episodes here like 3 years ago when someone posted them.

BTW, I never watched a Pokémon episode in 4 years on television, although I watch like about 4 Pokémon episodes a month now. I do not want to know anything about what Pokémon has turned into. Pokémon reminds me of everything that I love about childhood, and gives me a reason to hate maturity. Why can't I live in Neverland?

I mainly like the Kanto episodes.

Years
  • I love the old episodes-- I have a lot of the first season on VHS, but I can't watch them.. I don't own a VHS player anymore. I will sit down and watch 30 episodes of the old pokemon in one sitting and just cheer when certain characters come on(Gary, Team Rocket.. you've been Gary Oak'd, haha) and make silly faces at the ones I don't like... just like the old days~ I wish they still showed this, the first three seasons were a good half of my childhood.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    I have watched the kanto episodes and few johto episodes 10 years ago.
    I'm not a big fan of the anime, but it reminds me of my childhood.
    Few months ago I started watching the first episodes again, not only because it reminds me of the "good" old times, but because I also need some reference for my 3d fan game

(finally, 15 posts)

Last edited:

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
  • Story time!

A few months ago i was sitting at the computer, and I thought: "Hmmmm, pokemon anime?"

I've always been active with the older games, but after I started middle school a few yeard ago, I lost time for TV. Now? I make time for pokemon (:

Back