• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you look for in music?

Years
  • What do you want in your music? Something you can tap to, or something that has integrity?

That is, do you want music thats got lyrics with upbeat tunes, or lyrics with tunes that work to convey that "message".

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Like all art, I favoritize anything that's been executed with notable effort or anything that provokes thought or some kind of emotional response.

Really, I appreciate anything I can feel.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • I'm more of the person that like lyrics with upbeat tunes. Music that convey messages is good, but sometimes the tune can kill it if it's boring or just doesn't fit with the message. Songs with great messages and upbeat tunes are win. :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I enjoy music that I can chill to. Nothing too hard or loud. Lyric wise, I like 'em uplifting and/or romantic. Happy stuff, you know?

Which makes my music tastes mostly out of line with those of my friends XD I

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • This seems more suitable for Other Entertainment; I just hope a similar thread doesn't already exist there. (If so, Nick knows what to do)

Moved~

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I really don't pay attention to the lyrics of a song at all. :x When I like a song, I like them for their tune. Doesn't have to be upbeat, just catchy.

Doonesbury

Don't even worry about it.
    Years
  • I really don't pay attention to the lyrics of a song at all. :x When I like a song, I like them for their tune. Doesn't have to be upbeat, just catchy.

Yeah, basically this. Lyrics are a bonus, but a good tune is essential.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I usually listen to the beat but also the lyrics. To me, I don't judge a song just because it might have a childish pop beat. If the song itself, is about I don't know... a first break up... then I would most likely enjoy it. I hate songs that have screaming lyrics you can't understand and rap because it doesn't have a good melody. :<

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Usually the tone of the singing, and anything with a catchy beat or awesome electric guitars and drums.

Years
  • I like a lot of music. Sometimes, it depends on my mood and what I feel like listening to. If I want to listen to catchy, danceable, comedic songs then I'll listen to that. :p Or then I'd probably listen to some 80s music. Or listen to new artists/radio. I mostly like music that talk about girls being hoes and or how you're making making money by exploiting some teenager.

My preferences in music is a mix of hip hop and rock, with use of synths :P Maybe a bit of Latin influence?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Fresh, unique, and songs about vanity.

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    My fav music is power metal(we fly forever free)

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • I always listen to lyrics first. I like songs with a nice tune and everything, but I always try to listen to what a song's saying. Songs like "There won't be no Country Music" by C.W.McCall convey an extremely deep meaning. Those are the kind of songs I listen to.

Of course, there is the fact that Country is my favorite genre of music...

Boogieman900

The bringer of PIE!
    Years
  • hmm i like music with a strong lyrics and notable guitar rifts not so much that you can't here the singer of the blast of guitars but something like hmm anyone heard three days grace currently they are supplying em with the music i like (people say they are a goth band)

disturbedfan98

NO DISASSEMBLE NUMBER 5!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    in my music i listen for the best gutar riffs ever.

so far ive got these

chop suey! by system of a down
    through the fire and flames by dragonforce
    B.Y.O.B. by systerm of a down
    inside the fire by disturbed
    one by metallica
    thunderhorse by dethklok
    bodies by drowning pool

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Nothing really. If it sounds good enough, fine with me. I don't exactly filter music towards any sort preferences at all. Cleaning vocals, screaming or growing, fast and slow tempos, gentle or aggressive, I just don't care.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Like all art, I favoritize anything that's been executed with notable effort or anything that provokes thought or some kind of emotional response.

Really, I appreciate anything I can feel.

Same for me. Anything I can feel is bound to become something I enjoy.

Back