• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you look for in music?

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
  • I tend to look for upbeat energy that invokes a physical response with movement of the body.

tl;dr version: stuff you can dance to.

therefore, techno. shoot me for being a rave-loving scenefag

Years
  • First, I look to the visual, if I can do it in first.
    Next, I study the concept of the artist.
    And I listen to the music during I'm looking for the lyrics and the concept with visual.

For me, visual, music and lyrics are all who make the song.
    Artists who haven't a concept or a story to tell aren't my favourites.
    To understand a song is not always easy, but when we know the concept, it's easier to understand it.
    And I think that to have a concept is always nice for all.

Anyway, I like songs with not concept too, of course.
    Even if I prefer a concept, I cannot make a generality... x)

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I like songs that i can tap too.
    But i don't like songs that are upbeat.
    I can happily tap my pencil on the keyboard to a slow song about anything, as long as it's not classical ><

Gavin<3

Years
  • I just look for plain authenticity. I don't care if a person's formally trained, or if they are famous or not. I just like music without labels and pretensions. Music as an expression, not a business.
    Dito that.

I like it when the artists can get personal and when they are averagely normal humans xD I mean, not extreme commercial products. They should also be skilled for real. Many people can sing, but not all can sing good. And play instruments?

Sigur Rós, for an example. They're genuine.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Rythm, deep lines, an awesome melody. Nice guitar solos and drum solos.

All together, this equals the band "Three Days Grace" =)

Years
  • Dito that.

I like it when the artists can get personal and when they are averagely normal humans xD I mean, not extreme commercial products. They should also be skilled for real. Many people can sing, but not all can sing good. And play instruments?

Sigur Rós, for an example. They're genuine.

But look, Sigur Rós ain't the most skillful band out there. Yet their minimalist approach-- simple guitar arpeggios, slow repetitive melodies makes up beautiful music. They're a prime example of simplicity turning to complex beauty in itself, just by being authentic, just by transmitting those feelings.

Back