• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why I hate Halloween.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Don't hate me.

Reasons.

1. Kids don't dress up as "scary" things anymore, y'know?. On Halloween I expect to see a group of children dressed as the 4 riders of the apocalypse, not a gorrilla, spider man, a lady bird and a ballerina. I swear, one year, I'm going to make a fully fledged necromorph costume and show them all how it's done.
    2. Why do we accept these sweets from complete strangers?, for all we know they could be drugged or poisoned..I mean, on any other day of the year if a stranger offers you sweets, you pass them off as "paedo sweets" or "HIV Central"...Why is there an exception on this one day?
    3. It's a paedo haven. Little kids running around in skimpy witch outfits and those superhero suits with the fake muscles..I mean listen to this scenario: two kids are fighting over some sweets, old man Brown walks over and says "Boys, boys, we can settle this fairly, how about: first one to down this cup of rohipnal wins!". eh?
    4. Lastly, it's completely pointless...it serves no purpose other than nightmares and late night puking after too much cheaply bought super market's own brand gummys.

They are my views...I was bored, I wanted to share.

Say what you like.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    People are selling Gummy? I wonder how Emily took that.

The good thing about where I live is... basically noone celebrates halloween anymore, so less of the risk factor, and those who do go... they go with adults, so it's safe.

And tbh, if the parents did care about their children's health, they probably would only let them go to houses in which they KNOW the people.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I hate Halloween too :D I just make sure that someone else always answers the door to those little monsters. However disaster has struck this year! My parents are going out for dinner and my brother will be hiding in his room on Facebook meaning I'm left downstairs watching X Factor on my own and having to answer the door. I suppose I could just ignore the door? :D

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Don't hate me.

Reasons.

1. Kids don't dress up as "scary" things anymore, y'know?. On Halloween I expect to see a group of children dressed as the 4 riders of the apocalypse, not a gorrilla, spider man, a lady bird and a ballerina. I swear, one year, I'm going to make a fully fledged necromorph costume and show them all how it's done.
      That's usually the parents' fault, when they start out by dressing their child as a bumblebee, do you think the child wants to be a zombie the next year.
    2. Why do we accept these sweets from complete strangers?, for all we know they could be drugged or poisoned..I mean, on any other day of the year if a stranger offers you sweets, you pass them off as "paedo sweets" or "HIV Central"...Why is there an exception on this one day?
      Your schools don't have the police presentations where they tell you what kind of candy not to eat because of that kind of stuff, if not... I can see why you'd be scared.
    3. It's a paedo haven. Little kids running around in skimpy witch outfits and those superhero suits with the fake muscles..I mean listen to this scenario: two kids are fighting over some sweets, old man Brown walks over and says "Boys, boys, we can settle this fairly, how about: first one to down this cup of rohipnal wins!". eh?
      In my town, at least, there are police and firefighters driving around making sure that sort of stuff doesn't happen.
    4. Lastly, it's completely pointless...it serves no purpose other than nightmares and late night puking after too much cheaply bought super market's own brand gummys.
      It's called restraint, if they don't have it, it's no ones fault but their own.
    My comments are written in italics.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Kids don't dress up as "scary" things anymore, y'know?. On Halloween I expect to see a group of children dressed as the 4 riders of the apocalypse, not a gorrilla, spider man, a lady bird and a ballerina.
    To each their own, I guess. You can't tell people what to wear any other day of the year. Me and my friends always used to dress as "scary" characters, anyway.
    Why do we accept these sweets from complete strangers?, for all we know they could be drugged or poisoned..I mean, on any other day of the year if a stranger offers you sweets, you pass them off as "paedo sweets" or "HIV Central"...Why is there an exception on this one day?
    Regardless of all the awful things that we hear on the news all the time; I doubt that there are so many sick people out there that you're going to end up receiving poisoned candy. How paranoid can you get? When you're getting served in a restaurant, do you suddenly start wondering about the possibility that the waiter is a deranged killer who has poisoned your food for his own twisted pleasure?
    It's a paedo haven. Little kids running around in skimpy witch outfits and those superhero suits with the fake muscles..I mean listen to this scenario: two kids are fighting over some sweets, old man Brown walks over and says "Boys, boys, we can settle this fairly, how about: first one to down this cup of rohipnal wins!". eh?
    A peadophile can abduct a child any day of the year.
    Although, parents shouldn't be letting their young children go out alone late at night just because it's Halloween. I'll agree with that.
    Lastly, it's completely pointless...it serves no purpose other than nightmares and late night puking after too much cheaply bought super market's own brand gummys.
    It's fun?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I'd like it a whole lot more if I could find a decent OrgXIII costume. xD

But all the places we go are safe for my little sisters (read: I wouldn't be caught dead in a costume there at 15). Obviously not 100% safe, still, nothing has happened yet, and there's generally police cars driving around.

I think in the proper setting, most of your gripes are nullified. Of course, this makes it boring for anybody over the age of 12.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    My friend bought a Michael Jackson mask for halloween...
    So i guess that was a good thing and a bad thing we got extra candy and all the stalkers had dissappeared :/

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
    Years
  • Halloween Is If'y to me I Can Remember when it was actually scary and when the moniker was correct you give us a treat or we trick you(ex. teepee, cats tails tied together around door handle)

Years
  • Halloween is just full of annoying little kids running around and begging for sweets more than usual.

I just don't like the idea of me or my family buying things for other people to have free. I know it is once a year, but I don't care.

I heard someone saying they were going to dress up as Edward from the Twilight series. WTF?
    When I was back home, I only gave things to people who had actual made an effort and not people who just threw on a mask.

Humiliation

The Hero Within
    Years
  • Really, halloween is a fun event. You should go enjoy it whilst you can. At least you get sweets as a treat of some sort...

Humiliation

The Hero Within
    Years
  • That is true, but if you dont enjoy it then just take a break and post a note for no one to come knock on your door and try to have a normal day. A 'Please Don't Trick Or Treat' sign really annoys some kids. Thats abit of fun, right?

Years
  • I dont celebrate Halloween simply because I don't see the point of it. As far as I'm concerned, it's teaching kids how to beg.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I've *never* gone trick or treating. Well, that I can remember.. D:

I found it pointless because I just ate the candy my parents had for all the other people when I was really young. XD

patch.

listen what I say, oh
    Years
  • The legend of Halloween is that kids dress up as monsters and ghouls to scare the real ghouls and goblins to stay in their eternal slumber beneath the Earth.

...this is a pointless holiday.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Don't hate me.

Reasons.

I don't see the point of this, and I really don't see how the 4 riders are scary in any way. Gorillas can break your bones with ease, so I don't see why that was up there.
      You do know that most hospitals offer free searches in case someone was sick enough to put things like razor blades into a Snickers bar, right?
      I can't imagine this actually happening. For one, Halloween occurs outside where I live, so it will most likely be really suspicious that a middle aged man would offer things like that. Unless it is ordinary that Halloween occurs inside houses where you live?
      If you have ever read about the history of Halloween, you would know that it is not as pointless as you may think, although we could do without. If it is still pointless, then you would say things like St. Patrick's day, Cinco De Mayo, and Christmas are pointless as well. Be aware that Christmas is pointless in the eyes of non Christian/christian denominations, especially with commercial Christmas.

They are my views...I was bored, I wanted to share.

Say what you like.

Since italics don't stick out too much, I decided to use BOLD.

Back