• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why I hate Halloween.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Barney said:
    Why do we accept these sweets from complete strangers?, for all we know they could be drugged or poisoned..I mean, on any other day of the year if a stranger offers you sweets, you pass them off as "paedo sweets" or "HIV Central"...Why is there an exception on this one day?

Old news. Everyone knows that Halloween candy is not safe to eat right away.
    It's a paedo haven. Little kids running around in skimpy witch outfits and those superhero suits with the fake muscles..I mean listen to this scenario: two kids are fighting over some sweets, old man Brown walks over and says "Boys, boys, we can settle this fairly, how about: first one to down this cup of rohipnal wins!". eh?
    So how many times were you told not to talk to strangers? The police department here attends the elementary school and offers safety tips for Halloween night and, really, all they talk about is common sense: never walk alone (ie. stay with a friend, parent, relative), carry a flashlight or something bright (my friends and I would always wear glowsticks), stay in well-lit areas, go to houses that you know, and even today, you might even have to hold onto a cell phone. Like someone mentioned, it would be suspicious if there was an old man out alone on Halloween night. There's always the PD on patrol too.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    Don't hate me.

Reasons.

1. Kids don't dress up as "scary" things anymore, y'know?. On Halloween I expect to see a group of children dressed as the 4 riders of the apocalypse, not a gorrilla, spider man, a lady bird and a ballerina. I swear, one year, I'm going to make a fully fledged necromorph costume and show them all how it's done.
    2. Why do we accept these sweets from complete strangers?, for all we know they could be drugged or poisoned..I mean, on any other day of the year if a stranger offers you sweets, you pass them off as "paedo sweets" or "HIV Central"...Why is there an exception on this one day?
    3. It's a paedo haven. Little kids running around in skimpy witch outfits and those superhero suits with the fake muscles..I mean listen to this scenario: two kids are fighting over some sweets, old man Brown walks over and says "Boys, boys, we can settle this fairly, how about: first one to down this cup of rohipnal wins!". eh?
    4. Lastly, it's completely pointless...it serves no purpose other than nightmares and late night puking after too much cheaply bought super market's own brand gummys.

They are my views...I was bored, I wanted to share.

Say what you like.

This reminds me of Holloween by Stephen Lynch.

How can you hate Holloween? You get free candy! Sure, there may be a razor blade hidden in that 3 musketeers, but those are few and far between, it's like winning the lottery if you get one. Plus there's a surplus of horror movies on TV all month.

This year is going to suck though, no one will be at my house, house not giving candy in upperclass neighborhood=eggs on windows that I have to clean up -.-, hopefuly the cop who moved in next door will scare them out of any stunts (or act like a magnet to atract all the them).

Tesla SD

Ain't I just a purdy reptile?
    Years
    While I can't say I hate halloween, I can say that they ruined the tradition of it. It's become more about getting the candy(As if it wasn't before), and less about getting a awesome costume.

I remember when Me ans Yasu used to go out for Halloween. White & Black Grim Reaper cloaks. Good old days.

Now, everyone says screw trick-or-treating and just go bag-snatching. :/

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Eh, I don't like it much either, just seems pointless, and as said, it teaches kids to bed, I see the point of the costumes, but the sweets make no sense, and I also don't see how the Halloween day is associated with ghosts and spirits, just seems like a good time to sell for the shops. XD
    To me it once was a little creepy a few years ago, I just finished watched a somewhat creepy program and all of a sudden there was loud bangs on the front day that definitely couldn't be caused by wind even though there was a lot of wind that night, and also, the really weird thing was that there was actually nobody at the door. Even though that happened back in 2006, (I can still remember the year) I still think about it up to this day. =/

Years
    While I can't say I hate halloween, I can say that they ruined the tradition of it. It's become more about getting the candy(As if it wasn't before), and less about getting a awesome costume.

I remember when Me ans Yasu used to go out for Halloween. White & Black Grim Reaper cloaks. Good old days.

Now, everyone says screw trick-or-treating and just go bag-snatching. :/

You never seem to forget about that, do you bro?

I say all in all, it depends on how the person celebrates halloween. Hell, if you're only doing it for the candy, just go to freaking CVS or something and buy some. :/

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    I don't celebrate Halloween, but I like its interesting true meaning, content and purpose. I don't think begging for sweets are it's real meaning(although carving a pumpkin makes sense >3>). I recall that the purpose of celebrating Halloween is to drive out evil spirits, ghosts, witches, etc. Or more or less...

Years
    I derive great pleasure from my whole family refusing to answer the door on Hallowe'en. And before you ask, no, we don't get tricked because of it, mainly because trick or treating is for little kids, and they're too docile to throw eggs or whatever. Also they're too young to go out without their parents.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Halloween is my second favorite day of the year, beside Christmas. I like it even more than my birthday, because birthdays are boring when you get to be my age. XD

A couple of years ago, my buddies and I took the chain off of a gas-powered chainsaw and chased people around while revving it. It was so awesome.

This is my pumpkin this year:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Don't hate me.
    Jesus Christ, way to suck the fun out of Halloween.
    Reasons.

1. Kids don't dress up as "scary" things anymore, y'know?. On Halloween I expect to see a group of children dressed as the 4 riders of the apocalypse, not a gorrilla, spider man, a lady bird and a ballerina. I swear, one year, I'm going to make a fully fledged necromorph costume and show them all how it's done.
      Honestly, do you expect eight year old kids to dress up as Charles Manson or something? it's their choice on what they want to wear. I'll admit, a ballerina isn't scary, let alone being used on Halloween. But it's their choice on what they want to wear (if they're old enough) and if they're not old enough, their parents. I don't think a parent is going to let their child walk around in a Hitler costume saying 'Trick or treat or gas!'. I haven't personally worn a costume in two years, but there are still some people who dress up very good.
    2. Why do we accept these sweets from complete strangers?, for all we know they could be drugged or poisoned..I mean, on any other day of the year if a stranger offers you sweets, you pass them off as "paedo sweets" or "HIV Central"...Why is there an exception on this one day?
      Really, it's very unlikely theres going to be a serial killer in your neighborhood. If there was one, they'd be trying to hide from the public. As for the normal strangers, they are most likely going to be families who are perfectly reasonable. If you did get sick from their candy,it's most likely going to be accidental. I agree that it's ironic that on one day of the year all the rules are abolished when it comes to 'paedo candy' but parents are still going to tell their children to only get candy from the houses, not people on the street.
    3. It's a paedo haven. Little kids running around in skimpy witch outfits and those superhero suits with the fake muscles..I mean listen to this scenario: two kids are fighting over some sweets, old man Brown walks over and says "Boys, boys, we can settle this fairly, how about: first one to down this cup of rohipnal wins!". eh?
      Half the time parents are around with their children and when they're not, usually it's older brothers and sisters that are looking after them.
    4. Lastly, it's completely pointless...it serves no purpose other than nightmares and late night puking after too much cheaply bought super market's own brand gummys.
      It's fun? God.

They are my views...I was bored, I wanted to share.

Say what you like.
    Go watch Nightmare before Christmas please, did you really expect people to dress up like Jack Skellington or Sally? :/

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I like Halloween. It's fun. :3

The only thing I hate is that when you're staying home scaring people, you can't scare really small kids. :( So, I said that this year, I don't care! But, my friend invited me to go trick or treating with his friends, so...yeah... ;D

Back