• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you feel like answering this, you must post. Isn't that right?

Why do you bother posting?

• Because I'm bored and I have nothing better to do.

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Because I think I learn new things from it.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Because I really do enjoy posting.

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • I don't know. I just never thought about it.

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Hello everyone.
    I guess you already read the title of this thread. The question is: Why do you post in forums anyways?

I'll be answering later on for my part.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's interesting to talk to other people about subjects that you can't really talk to anyone about in real life (ie. Pokémon). That and forums are a good way to waste time. I usually go on when I'm putting off doing homework or I'm on school holidays (ie. now) and I've got nothing to do. Also you learn lots of new things. Basically the same reason I talk to my friends on Facebook or texting or whatever after school even when I just talked to them. It's entertaining.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Oh, 'cause I'm bored and got nothing better to do.

I guess this is only temporary, until HG/SS games has been released in English. Or I'll go to Pokemon forums.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Mainly to express my ideas and comments about certain topics and subjects, which may help other people. We may argue, but it sometimes settle to a certain point when we all agree to something.

Years
  • To see what kind of reaction my words generate. Not in a science experiment kind of way, but in a reach-out-and-touch-someone sense.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Interesting question...

I suppose I post to get my thoughts out there regarding certain topics and subjects, some of which I do feel strongly about. And see how horribly wrong I am how other people react to my sometimes random opinions.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I have always been a lurker. I read stuff and sometimes I feel like adding my own thoughts to the current conversations. That's why I don't post as much as I could, anyway XD

There are some forums where I can go to read for hours and where I barely have any posts at all. Because I pretty much enjoy reading stuff.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I've thought about it a number of times in the past and I still don't know why I'm here. I'm not bored, I certainly have more worthwhile things to be doing, but instead I'm here. ._.;

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I usually post if I have something relevant to say. Unless of course, I'm trying to be friendly in a social thread. Other than that, I love to read so that may be a contributing factor. And to express my thoughts on a particular subject or defend my beliefs or theories.

I also try to psychologically analyze people by the way they post. XD

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • I have always been a lurker. I read stuff and sometimes I feel like adding my own thoughts to the current conversations. That's why I don't post as much as I could, anyway XD

There are some forums where I can go to read for hours and where I barely have any posts at all. Because I pretty much enjoy reading stuff.

I have sort of the same reason's as this guy, I ain't much of a poster, also, I just like to learn of people's interests and try to share my own, well, I've still got a ways to go with that yet.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I post on the forums because I love haterz I have nothing better to do usually. I can also post up art and stuff, even if I do suck, and learn how to get better. It's also a good way to find people who have the same interests as I do.​

Ayselipera

I just have so many things to say. Whether anyone cares to read what I have to say or not its just nice to get it all out there.
    Plus I find posting fun!

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Normally it is because I have nothing to do, or because I several things to due but I alternate between them and just put more of my energy coming here, but that's usually it.

A lot of times it is also because I find posting to be fun, and even lurking.

Years
  • Because I just want to. Is that not good enough for you? :p

I need to post in more places where I can discuss. I love posting in OVP but it feels one-way here most of the time. .__.;

Back