• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you feel like answering this, you must post. Isn't that right?

Why do you bother posting?

• Because I'm bored and I have nothing better to do.

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Because I think I learn new things from it.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Because I really do enjoy posting.

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • I don't know. I just never thought about it.

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Well I enjoy posting for 2 reasons. I usually learn something from posting. For example, I learned about pokepets from looking at someones signature.

The second reason is I really enjoy posting. I feel part of a group when I post. Like we are all having one big conversation and we dont get upset if somebody decides to drop in and put their opinion or thoughts in.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    To get views for my dragon eggs. One can tell when I need views by how quickly my posting speed picks up. I didn't post for a while, and now I post quite often.

Well, that and posting is a good way for me to relax from the stress of work. Also, posting allows me to communicate with people in some way, and that's always a plus.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I don't think my answer to this is complete, and I think it's not all the reasons there are, but the main reason I post is because I really do enjoy posting.

A great part of it is, I like to know other people's take on a matter, and I like to talk with people in the first place because I'm just friendly.
    Posting allows me to communicate in a different way.
    In the end, it also allows me to find people with similarities to my own self, and opening new possibilities to make friends.
    Yeah, my friendliness can get creepily deep and meaningless, lol.

It feels good when topics do feel like a big conversation anyways.
    I also do learn new things at times, but that is not that strong of a reason, because it really doesn't matter much to me.

Yeah, I like the "reach out and touch someone" sense that someone mentioned.
    And I have endless things to say whether anyone cares about them or not, because I still feel a strange kind of happiness from it, lol.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I love posting! It's fun to speak on what you like or enjoy. There is also the point in which posing might help me improve my typing skills and grammar.

Years
  • If you mean this forum specifically, I guess I have continued posting here because of all the friends I have made. <3

Forums in general...I love seeing the crazy topics people make, and contributing to them with my own thoughts. Forums are a great way to pass time.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I post because I enjoy it and I like sharing my experience and opinions. For me, the internet is here for my enjoyment. I'm not going to be apart of a forum (and therefore not post) if I'm miserable. There's also no point in posting if I'm doing so for the heck of it. What am I accomplishing? What would others get out of my post? I need to be able to express something in a post. If I have nothing to share, then I shouldn't post at all. But again, that's just me.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I enjoyed them ever since I got addicted to totse.com (Which is down forever since the owner got tired of running it after about 20 years, I don't blame him. Well the forums are down but you can still visit the site I think)

Seriously that site taught me almost everything I know about the internets, and also desensitized me to everything. Sometimes when i'm on this forum about to log in, I start to type in my old totse account :(

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • If I post, It's because I have something to say. If I can come up with something worth saying, then isn't it worth posting? I think so.

So yeah, I like to post. I like to express myself whenever I can, and I hate biting back my tongue so to speak when people aren't acting so bright, but I also know there's better ways to correct the problem, if it's something that does harm.

To be honest, I don't know anyone who doesn't enjoy expressing their self when they can. The issue really lies within the trust in the community. If people don't trust the community, they wont post, or will end up posting crap that doesn't contribute at all. I'll freely admit, I hold some people here in contempt and distrust for their attitudes, and that does drag my post rates down a bit, because I have to lower the attack area. I'm mostly a live and let live person, I don't pick fights with people, and I don't bully others. I will defend myself though, so it isn't like I'm all passive. >3 (Though I really don't like having to clear leather on the draw so to speak. I'd rather the guns stay safely in the holdster...because when the smoke clears, there's always something crappy left over that can hit the fan. xD)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Literally I answered as soon as I saw the first option on the poll. Did not bother reading the other answers, that's actually why I post. I'm bored. XD

I'm waiting for TF2 to auto-connect me to a full server, that's why I'm on PC right now haha.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I post because I'm bored and I have nothing better to do especially on the weekends since theres really nothing to do or watch on Television (except Sunday's at 1:00 cause of the NFL =D )

:t354:TG

Back