• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lake of the Swan :: Visual Arts.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
  • Here I am again, Christmas Day ^^ I'll show off some of my Secret Santa drawings.

Remember, if you like my art, please visit my Deviantart page for more: http://thedutchesse.deviantart.com/

Constructive Criticism encouraged!

SS_For_Charmie_by_TheDutchesse.jpg

This was based on a girl's picture. She wanted a wintery scene with her Border Collie. And she added that she lived way up north.
    Click here to view the bigger picture

SS_For_Sakurarmarie_by_TheDutchesse.jpg

Two Alices, the design for the girls was provided, I just adapted it to my style. Please don't comment on the tea-thinger, I know it's messed up.

SS_For_Caliypsoe_by_TheDutchesse.jpg

Jasmine and Esmeralda for another girl.
    Click here to see the picture in better detail

SS_for_Pikolu_by_TheDutchesse.jpg

This was for someone who wanted two lolita-like girls.

SS_for_SilverWheelYarn_by_TheDutchesse.jpg

A rather bad image of a water-colour image. She wanted something religious and with a spinning wheel, so I gave her Frigg, the Norse goddess that span the clouds from thread.
    If you click here you can see the bigger image

SS_For_Yarrboots_by_TheDutchesse.jpg

A fun image with three characters from Grey's Anatomy, Derek, Mark and Owen, riding a Charizard. Though the only one riding it seems to be Derek!
    Here you could see the bigger picture

That's it for now, Enjoy and please leave a comment with criticism or things that you like :D

Adept-eX

A Adobe Photoshop Veteran ;P
    Years
  • Well, I must say that you have a lot of potential ^^
    Is nice see something different instead the typical fanart.
    I liked your style how you draw the humans, particularly the faces. Your style is something between a realistic anime, but with your own touch.
    My only critique is the legs, those looks a little short (I know what I say, I still the same problem in that aspect). Anyway I liked what I saw, I hope you continue drawing because like I said before, you have a lot of potential. :)

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Thanks Adopt-Ex, I still have lots of room for improvement, and I appreciate the critique and the praise equally :D

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Here's a bunch of designs for the Disney Princesses/Heroines in Kingdom Hearts form. These are just linearts, they still need to be finishes, if you follow the link you can download the PS file.

My rules of colouring my stuff are that you always need a link to my DeviantArt page. Always. And of course I want to see what you made :D

I'd like you to wait with Critiques on these ones until I've coloured them ^^

Keybalder_Belle_Lineart_by_TheDutchesse.jpg

Link: http://TheDutchesse.deviantart.com/art/Keyblader-Belle-Lineart-148602952
    Keyblader_Jasmine_Lineart_by_TheDutchesse.jpg

Link:http://TheDutchesse.deviantart.com/art/Keyblader-Jasmine-Lineart-148622158
    Keyblader_Jasmine_Lineart_Deux_by_TheDutchesse.jpg

Link: http://TheDutchesse.deviantart.com/art/Keyblader-Jasmine-Lineart-Deux-148622842
    Keyblader_Mulan_Lineart_by_TheDutchesse.jpg

Link: http://TheDutchesse.deviantart.com/art/Keyblader-Mulan-Lineart-148632194
    White_If_Megara____Lineart__by_TheDutchesse.jpg

Link: http://TheDutchesse.deviantart.com/art/Keyblader-Megara-Lineart-148534238

As for the Jasmine one, I'd like your opinion on which one you like better, ponytail or braid.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Thank you :)

Image in spoilers because it's huge. This was for a contest, and it was a right pain to make! Probably the biggest background I've done so far.

Spoiler:

Suger

Legendary Pokemon of Sweets
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    The camera in the contest one looks like it's been bent at the bottom. And the purple thing is a little odd...
    Other than that it looks really nice, colours, shading, lines are all done well.

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
    Years
  • your newest bit is nice~ all the nifty little details you put in make it interested to look at, like all the photos on the corkbord give it a nice backstory almost.

Rydenio

Shameless plugger
    Years
  • One thing you could practice is face shape. You will notice the shape of the face changes with every little difference in how the head is turned. I know it's easy to just draw a line the way you always did, but if you could think a little bit more three-dimensional, then your images would really get that professional anime feel to them. Becuase most of it's spot on! Good job.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • New art!

Spoiler:

And a much older one:
    Please don't critique, I did this in June:
    Princess_of_the_Moon_by_TheDutchesse.jpg

Click Here for the full image.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Michiru_by_TheDutchesse.jpg

I tried to copy a bit of a watercolour thing in this one ^^;

AoH__Elysia_D__Aphine_by_TheDutchesse.jpg

Even though I didn't get accepted, I still like her :D

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I commission I did, which was to turn Digimon's Kouji and Kouichi into Kingdom Hearts characters, pretty much revamping their costumes in that style, and then putting it in Final Form.

It was a blast, I love designing things.

Cerese912

I heart pokemon :)
    Years
  • Amazing!

All of your artwork is beautiful!!!

Quick Question: Do you draw them by hand and then color them with a computer program?

I've been wanting to color my drawings like that since forever!

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • I do sketch them out on paper and then scan it into the computer. I have a tablet, but drawing things straight on the computer always mess up my proportions ^^;;

Oh really, well if you have any questions about it, feel free to ask ^^

Back