• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • We don't feel we should hide it, in most cases we have to. People are killed for being gay.

And Logan, that sucks : (

Hey, I'm all for you guys, and I support you, but that's untrue.

Perhaps years back when you could get killed for being black as well, but not in this day and age. Sure, there's the occasional mugging-gone-wrong, but that happens to straight people too.

It may seem that way for those of you seen as outcasts, but straight people get treated about the same as gay people in that respect.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • When was the last time someone was killed for being straight I wonder.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I'm Pansexual. (At first I thought I was bi :X )
    But, Yeah. I like someone for who they are, not by gender or looks.

xLogan

Weapon X
    Years
  • It was pretty terrible...:( But, my mom is fine with it, unlike my dad. It happened like, a year ago, and she's still waaaay pissed that he'd do that to me. :/

And, yeah. People aren't killed for being straight. At least, not that I've heard of.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • @ Kura: Dude, did you even read my post? Most people are generally straight, and I don't think liking Pokemon makes you gay. Though Pocket Monsters could sound suspicious...

*Shakes Head*

There are plenty of straight people here, most likely the larger percentage. Where in the world did you get the idea that most people on PC were gay?

That club would be a waste of this forum's space. This club is for people who aren't really accepted, or want to talk to somebody with the same tastes as them. In a straight club there would be nothing to talk about.

You don't get thrown out of your house for being straight. You don't lose respect in people's eyes for being straight. It would be pointless.

Obviously most people are generally straight but there's a significant gay community on this forum, and many of the regulars are gay hence why I said most people here are gay. Just a thing I've noticed from being an old member from 2004 and someone who comes on PC at least twice a week. Liking pokemon doesn't have anything to do with sexual preferences.

I personally feel that saying that a club for straight people is a waste of space almost seems like a weird type of discrimination against a majority of people. I'm sorry that I find it actually somewhat offensive. I would think that in a straight club people could talk about how they might have trouble understanding the opposite sex or trying to get a girlfriend or boyfriend.. why should a club only be for gblt and not one for everyone?

Some people actually do scoff at people who are straight.. some people are starting to insist that everyone is at least somewhat bi. Although it may not be as drastic as getting kicked out of the house or anything, sometimes straight people actually get outcasted from a group of gay friends (I speak from experience) because they don't want to be so outwardly blatant about their sexuality. Although not all gblt are like this, I can speak from experience that there are some that are.

In short, if someone is gonna make a club, why should it be restricted to only a certain type of sexuality? Straight people have relationship problems too.

I'm not saying this to diss gay people or anything, I just wish that everyone could be fair to each other. I hate how a lot of people are currently separating gays from straights and I think that sexuality shouldn't even matter when it comes to making friends and getting along with people.

In short, I don't appreciate you shaking your head at me because I feel disrespected. I hope I am not being treated differently FOR the reason that I am not gay like you (I don't think this is the case, but I just wanted to make sure), and I hope now that you see what I had to say in a different, more rounded context.

Years
  • On the contrary, I would say less than say a handful of states in America support gay marriage. In this day and age, people are still touchy about homosexuality, unfortunately.

I didn't say that everyone was OK with it, I said nobody kills people for being gay.

@ Whoever You Are: That's the exception that proves the rule. It was an idiotic teenager most likely overun with hormones. It's not OK, but that doesn't happen much at all anymore.

Obviously most people are generally straight but there's a significant gay community on this forum, and many of the regulars are gay hence why I said most people here are gay. Just a thing I've noticed from being an old member from 2004 and someone who comes on PC at least twice a week. Liking pokemon doesn't have anything to do with sexual preferences.

I personally feel that saying that a club for straight people is a waste of space almost seems like a weird type of discrimination against a majority of people. I'm sorry that I find it actually somewhat offensive. I would think that in a straight club people could talk about how they might have trouble understanding the opposite sex or trying to get a girlfriend or boyfriend.. why should a club only be for gblt and not one for everyone?

Some people actually do scoff at people who are straight.. some people are starting to insist that everyone is at least somewhat bi. Although it may not be as drastic as getting kicked out of the house or anything, sometimes straight people actually get outcasted from a group of gay friends (I speak from experience) because they don't want to be so outwardly blatant about their sexuality. Although not all gblt are like this, I can speak from experience that there are some that are.

In short, if someone is gonna make a club, why should it be restricted to only a certain type of sexuality? Straight people have relationship problems too.

I'm not saying this to diss gay people or anything, I just wish that everyone could be fair to each other. I hate how a lot of people are currently separating gays from straights and I think that sexuality shouldn't even matter when it comes to making friends and getting along with people.

In short, I don't appreciate you shaking your head at me because I feel disrespected. I hope I am not being treated differently FOR the reason that I am not gay like you (I don't think this is the case, but I just wanted to make sure), and I hope now that you see what I had to say in a different, more rounded context.

Ok, I'll answer this piece by piece, in no particular order.

I'm not gay, I was speaking for gay people and if you'll read my first post you'll see it said "as long as they don't try to convert me..."

I shook my head at my own Pocket Monsters comment, not you.

I understand where you're coming from, but those threads should be clubs on, like you said, getting a girlfriend or boyfriend, and not generaliz to a sexuality. You say you don't wants gays and straights to be differentialized, yet your first suggestion does just that.

I also understand the outcast part, there is a particular group of gays at school that basically harass everybody else, and get off for being "misunderstood", or "in emotional turmoil".

The club idea's themselves are fine, just take out the "You have to be straight" part, and I'm fine with it.

Last edited:

Shiny

Years
  • You can't say, "it never happens." Yet when I prove you wrong, say it's the exception.

xLogan

Weapon X
    Years
  • Well, yeah. Straight people do have relationship issues. That's a given, considering everyone gets those. But, still. Straight people don't have to worry about some things, such as digging on another straight person, but you can't tell them because you're freaked that they'll flip out because you're the same gender.

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I'm not gay or bisexual, but I do believe that if you love someone you should be with them. Love shouldn't have restrictions.

Years
  • You can't say, "it never happens." Yet when I prove you wrong, say it's the exception.

I didn't say it never happens, I said they're not any different from straight murders.

You dug that up on Wikipedia, but do you know how many school-shootings kill straight people as opposed to gays? That ratio would be roughly 10:1.

It's chance. Just because one kid doesn't like a resident gay doesn't mean ten more straights won't be killed just for being at school. In fact, there are probably more angry gays shooting up places than homophobics.

And yes, I can. If you find two or three more RECENT incidents like that and then tell me no gays have gotten angry and killed straights, I will concede. Until then, it is an exception.

Sorafune: I meant straight people shooting people specifically because they're gay.

Logan: No, but we do have to worry whether or not they'll talk to us, reject us, humiliate us, ect. Gays just have an extra barrier to the numerous ones everybody must face.

Shiny

Years
  • Yes, straight people die all the time, but they are not targeted for being gay. That's all I'm saying.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Soooooooooooo

funny that this came up today...

I just came out to my sister as being gay (today, though it had nothing to do with this thread).

She took it very well...

I think I have been feeling this way since elementary school... Though never had teh courage to bring it up, until a friend helped me.

The funny thing is, before I accepted it myself (as being gay), I had thought of myself as being bi, as though I was trying to legitimate the fact that if I were bi, I could still have a wife and a child or something like that... Now I am past that self denial.

:)

Years
  • Yes, straight people die all the time, but they are not targeted for being gay. That's all I'm saying.

Did you even read my post?

Plenty of straights get killed by angry gays for being straight. An outcast will come to school and search out the person who outcasted them. They'll see somebody identified as straight, and kill them.

Most of the time they're innocent. So yes, straights do get killed for being straight.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Well, yeah. Straight people do have relationship issues. That's a given, considering everyone gets those. But, still. Straight people don't have to worry about some things, such as digging on another straight person, but you can't tell them because you're freaked that they'll flip out because you're the same gender.

Yeah that's pretty true. There are a lot of homophobes out there.

I've actually found that in college, there are more people open to the gay community than back in highschool. I think that a lot of people should be more mature in highschool.. but then again, I can't change that.

I actually find it quite hurtful when a friend comes out of the closet, and then doesn't want to socialize with you anymore and then they start to hang out with another group of friends that conveniently happen to also be gay.
    Sure this is a personal experience, but it goes both ways.

I just feel like when a gay comes out of the closet and they get outcasted for their sexuality then it's almost like a whole other situation..
    but isn't it basically the same thing? Why is it different if the gay gets outcasted than if the straight person gets outcasted from friends?

I wish that people would just see everyone as just people. That's why I guess it bothers me when people feel that they should have a club or group or gathering and not include everyone. It reminds me of highschool and people who leave their friends just because they don't have the same sexual preferences as each other.

Why would people want to encourage that? I think it's sooo hurtful. If anything you guys should make a gblt support group for people who are having trouble. I'd totally be for that.

Edit: Objection, yeah I agree with you, and I apologise for that mixup, I misread your post and I thought you were gay.

Years
  • Um...let me think...Straight?

Oh well. I like guys as friends. It had nothing to do with genders, mind you. But guys are really a turn off, especially where I live.

Also, girls are more fun then guys, they think more, they know what to say, most are considerate, etc. Guys are like this, but most aren't.

I'll know I'm gay when I start thinking about one of my friends...more then often.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'm not gay or bi or trans or anything like that...if anything I might just be sexually oblivious or outright asexual. (That revelation may be a shock to old skool PC members that remember my newbie days with my perverted Brock-like persona XD)

I'm not a big fan of marriage to begin with, let alone gay marriage. I believe that if you love someone you don't need to prove it with a legal document. Both parties will know that the love is there and there's no point in trying to prove it to anyone.

Despite my history of flaming PC's gay community when I was younger and more immature, I will stand up to defend the gay community if the need ever arises nowadays. XD

Years
  • Kura: But you said in your first post that you wanted to make a straight club, you could have said the you wanted to expand this one to deal with the things you just listed! I feel your pain, I really do, but you're not making any sense.

I agree with you completely, and I think it's wrong that some people think that just because they're gay they're not good enough for us. Or, most likely, we're not good enough for them. It's messed up and stupid, but that's life.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back