• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pocket money

Years
  • How many pocket money do you get in a month?Do you or your parents buy clothes for you?What do you use them for?

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I gets ten dollars a week. I probably would get more if I did chores and stuff, but I don't because I am lazy.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • How much I get per month depends on how much I do. If I work standard every week, I get 400 kroner a month. 400 kroner = 67-68 USD.

My parents buys my clothing for me, yes.

I use the money on things I want.

One of my friends gets 1500 kroner (254 USD) every month though.
    For doing absolutely NOTHING.
    And he's 13.
    That spoiled little brat. He doesen't even buy anything himself.
    His PS3? his mom bought it for him. His PC? same. His clothing? you guess it. His mom buys that too.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I think a lot of people here are spoiled. They should pay for their own freaking internet. Or DO something to help your parents out.

:/ Little lazy children.
    The only extra money I get is for groceries. Yeah essentials.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • I get money to buy lunch everyday. That's €20 a week. I used to get €25 a week as well as lunch. I get another €20 every month for credit. If I go out, which is hardly ever at the moment, I get money to cover the cost of the bus or the entrance fee. I'm currently looking for a job. I'm trying to cut back on everything at the moment. I figured that I don't need a lot of clothes or even expensive ones. A hoodie for €15 can be as good as one for €40.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • I get absolutely nothing.
    :3

I do get random amounts of money to pay for McDonald's because I go there after school while waiting for my mom to pick me up.
    But I only ever get a Diet Coke and occasionally a McChicken (if I'm hungry).
    So yeah, I don't run out of it easily.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Am I the first on to post that actually has to work for their money?

I'm currently at a crappy job that's paying me $7.25/hr at 25-30 hr/wk, so that averages to about $190/wk.

Believe me, that's not very much at all when you're on your own. >_<

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Yeah, I don't get ANY pocket money. Although I'd like to my parents think that what kids should be doing like chores and stuff is what you should NORMALY be doing.
    T-T But the good side is that my parents buy my clothes. I I usually get like over 400 dollars on by birthday and Christams as well as presents so I can say that I am grateful with what I recieve. As many people know not all of us are luckt enough to get these things. n_n

reyzn

Years
  • Back in highschool I used to get 20$/week.. but my parent's stopped that when I graduated.

Years
  • Up until when I was about fifteen I would get no pocket money. When I was about six, seven and eight I got two dollars a week if I did all these jobs. I saw all these kids getting like ten dollars a week and complaining about things and was kinda sad for them. But yeah, at fifteen all of the sudden I started getting $20 a week (AUD works out to be roughly equal to or just a little less in USD) so I knew "how to work with money", which comes in really handy. But yeah, I'm glad I got nothing for a long time, it taught me to be grateful for what I got. I also work, well, I stopped at the end of the summer holidays a month and a bit ago, but yeah I was getting $10 an hour for that and I was working on average about eleven hours a week, so I made a good $1100 over the holidays. Luckily I don't have any bills to pay because I'm still in school, but unluckily the guitar amp had to get fixed, I had to pay back my parents some money, pay for my school books, paid for rehearsal rates at studios, movie tickets and I bought a second hand drum kit so I'm sitting on about $600 right now. But that was all in like a month and a bit. And I've never spent that much in my life. Hopefully none of my music gear breaks or anything. Because I want to save up to do something at the end of this year when school finishes with friends.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2010
    Wow... you kids get it so damn easy. I have to work my butt off to get horribe wage (no, not saying how much). Why aren't people handing me out free cash? *Sob*

Last edited:

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I'm fifteen and work, I'm actually currently looking for a second job. I only work about 10 hours a week, so I figure I can work some more hours at a second job with extra money coming in.

Years
  • OMG guys! Like, 20 dollars a week? Ive got 200 Kč a month, which is... 10 dollars? So its 10 dollars a month and youve got 20 a week! Thats just... crazy! Mybe its just different economics... But one of my friends gets like 25 dollars a WEEK, so yeah... Oh and Ive got my money for good grades on the end of a year sometimes. About clothes... my mother buys them for me, but we are not shopping really often, so...

Years
  • Pounds and dollars aren't the same thing, that I know of.
    I'm pretty sure pounds are on a 2:1 ratio of dollars.
    I'm not sure, but I remember being told that.

£1 = $1.52

I get £93 ($141) every month from my parents, equal to the amount they receive in child benefits for me, and I earn just over £100 (£106.86 to be precise - $162.03) every four weeks for working one day a week, on Sundays. It averages out to £208.77 ($316.49) per month.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I used to get 10 dollars a week, but I actually did chores and crap like that. But now I don't get anything I don't earn myself (a.k.a. nothing because im bum lazy and don't want to get off my arse and get a job) so I just spend my money in my savings right now. My parents gave me like ~$25 dollars for groceries and stuff so I didn't get fat while I was in college. I'm back at home now so I just eat their food. ^_^ (going back to school in August with almost no moneys)

Back