• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pocket money

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I never got any. It makes you value money more when you do finally get it...

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • well, I only get £2.50 a week but if I behave and work hard i get a little bit more than that. and at the moment I'm saving that money for the soul silver game =3 I think I have now about £17 currently so thats like £13 to go XD wahoo!!

Years
  • If I want to buy something like drinks or crisps or sweets or whatever on the way home, I use any left over dinner money. No allowance of anything. :3

Ayselipera

I don't have an allowance. The only time I get money is if I need to buy clothes. The rest of the time I'm living off gift cards.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I got an allowance when I was a kid but my parents would never remember to give it to me so we kind of worked on an honour system--I'd ask for money when I needed it and at the end of the year everything I ended up buying probably totalled out to about what my accumulated allowance would be. *shrug* My parents would also give me a little extra sometimes if I were going out somewhere, or if I was on a school trip, they'd drop an extra $100 in my bank account to cover meals and anything I didn't use was extra for souvenirs (or after I came home, as pocket money). They still do this on rare occasion, though now they'll just give me cash. Then again, I'll give them cash when they need it too (ie neither parent has been to a bank and needed some $20s or something) so it probably evens out again at the end of the year. @_@

But aside from a little bit here and there, I don't get an allowance or anything anymore. That stopped when I went to university. So now I'm in charge of buying everything and paying rent myself which is hectic but my mom'll come up and visit sometimes and buy me groceries and lunch so again, can't complain.

Anyway, my allowance was supposed to be about $40/month. I'd get that for doing chores and whatnot around the house, and sometimes if they needed extra done (like yardwork uggggh), they'd coax me into doing it with an extra $20 or something... not that I'd ever see that money and none of us would remember it because of that honour system but that's okay. XD; I think getting money for sitting around doing nothing is a bit ridiculous, though. Lunch money, I can see, but getting an allowance for nothing? :/ (Especially with some of the numbers I'm seeing here--I mean, if you're buying your own clothes, okay the number could be higher but who needs more than $50 a month when you're living at home with all your expenses paid for??)

I think a lot of people here are spoiled. They should pay for their own freaking internet. Or DO something to help your parents out.

:/ Little lazy children.
    The only extra money I get is for groceries. Yeah essentials.
    Agreeing on the "do something" part but... did you pay for your internet at home growing up? :/ Most people on PC are still living at home and not even out of mandatory schooling yet and if they even have jobs, only have part-time positions which don't give you much. (And depending where you are, internet is expensive.)

Years
  • I don't get an allowance, as I don't live with my mom (& haven't in forever) & have a job. I don't consider my paycheck 'pocket money' But the spare change I scrounge up after buying groceries or whatever can be like it, I guess.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I get one large student loan refund check at the beginning of each semester. For fall semester it has to last for all that semester plus buy Christmas presents. For spring semester, it has to last from January through August. And I have had rotten luck at finding part-time employment. It's certainly not a lack of effort.

So, outside of the occasional gift or begging for money, pocket money is a foreign concept to me.

Back