• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Was anyone else massively disappointed by Hey You Pikachu?

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
Years
  • I remember getting this game for my birthday and being exstatic, but when I actually played them game I felt like talking to pikachu was only fun for so long. It just wasn't the fun adventure with that I was promised.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    I loved it. >:

I thought it was easy to beat and needed more content, though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Haha, I remember seeing the commercials for that game. I never liked Pikachu though, so I didn't want it. I remember always saying "What if I said 'Hey Pikachu! Get beat up by Charmander!'" and then I would have fun with that game. I was an evil little child.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • "Hey you, Pikachu ! Wanna beat the crap outta my little bro' ? Please ? Pretty please ?"

And THEN I'd buy an N64 and the game . It'd be hilarious !

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • I remember those commercials. lol

I actually bought a used version and failed to buy a microphone. XD

Snooki Polizzi

I'm no guido. I'm a guidette.
    Years
  • How dare you insult Hey You Pikachu?! This game paved the way to such classics such as Pokemon Channel, Pokemon Dash and Pokepark Wii - Pikachu's Great Adventure.

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Dude, that was THE best spinoff game ever. I personally think it's time for a new version to be honest.

coots

I'mma eat chuu
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    I don't like, but I didn't hate it either. They need to make a update for it though

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • How dare you insult Hey You Pikachu?! This game paved the way to such classics such as Pokemon Channel, Pokemon Dash and Pokepark Wii - Pikachu's Great Adventure.

Oh yeah. Classics. -.-

There's a reason they're called spin-offs.

I only played a demo of Hey You Pikachu - it was never released in the UK due to the vast differences between regional accents, so it would have been too hard to localize.

However, my 'American' accent seemed to work ok. ;)

Checkered Sky

~beneath the sky...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    How dare you insult Hey You Pikachu?! This game paved the way to such classics such as Pokemon Channel, Pokemon Dash and Pokepark Wii - Pikachu's Great Adventure.

:x sarcasm?

The game was fun for a few days, but I'm glad I only rented it rather than buy it. The technology of the microphone was pretty advanced at that time, but Pikachu never responded correctly for me. ;;

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
  • I dunno. I liked it, and actually bothered to unlock everything, and get every obtainable item in the game. Really, there wasn't anything wrong with it, since Pikachu could turn corn into popcorn...

I'm getting off topic. I personally prefer this over any of the other spinoffs, but maybe it's because I'm a Pika-con?

Last edited:

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
  • I remember getting that game lol XD
    It was fun, I remember liking it, it wasn't too bad except Pickachu would somtimes mess up with what you told him....

Years
  • My family bought one. It was pretty fun. Most of the time Pikachu wouldn't understand me though. I have no clue if that was because it was me and five other siblings playing the one file or not. :P Sometimes Pikachu would do something totally opposite from what I was trying to get it to do.

Other than that it was a pretty good game. It did get boring for me fast, but it was still fun when you wanted to "talk" to something. :)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Dude, this game was the highlight of my childhood. ;(

Okay, although my microphone was awful and Pikachu was often ignorant, I enjoyed making it eat nasty food or do silly things. I remember becoming so frustrated over Pikachu because it would not Thunderbolt during certain missions (Bulbasaur soup, Caterpie, idk).. Brat, aaaaa good times. :D

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
  • Pikachu would always throw corn at me whenever I wanted him to make popcorn. It's as if he could read my mind!

Agh! Must go play it now!

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
  • I actually only watched someone play (well maybe I played for like 1 minute) but the microphone like wouldnt work 70% of the time so it was hard... They should remake it for Wii using WiiSpeak since the game itself is hard to find and you got to the find the mic also :( I wanna play it! I liked what I saw

Back