• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Was anyone else massively disappointed by Hey You Pikachu?

Years
    I loved the game, but I can't count how many times I had to scream "GIVE IT TO MAGNEMITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!" before Pikachu would even respond. :/ And then magnemite would come, but Pikachu would eat the food instead of giving it to him. Fun times, but this game needs a remake-- I'd love to see what they could do with today's technology. xD... Pokemon Channel didn't satisfy me. I don't want to WATCH TV on MY TV with my Pikachu, I want to talk with him.

Years
    I thought the game was fun, but everyone I know who owns it lost the mic :/ So I have no chance of playing it unless I get it off eBay or at a trade a game. Overall, I loved it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    It was fine with us, since I was a lot younger at the time and it was pretty fun to play and be able to speak to Pikachu. Half the time he wouldn't do what was said though, and would either throw the food or eat it when I would tell him to give it to magnemite.

Other times, my sister would swear at him, and then he would never listen since he'd get miffed. He would even thunderbolt you lol. ^^

I do miss it at times, and it was funny when he'd randomly eat ballons. o.o

A newer version might be fun, but also might get old fast if they don't add more content for it.

AuroraHearts

Noob Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    ohh, i was one of those who were disappointed,
    just like how i was disappointed with the pokemon channel on GC

my pikachu never understood anything i said XD

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    Gosh. That game was so darn expensive when it first came out. I wanted it so badly, but even my dad thought it was ridiculous to pay so much for it, so I got it when it was like $20 or something? I remember it finally went down to $5 in the Recycler when all the hype calmed down.

But I enjoyed it like pretty much everyone else I knew who owned that game. I can tell you my dog was ignored for an awfully long time like how the commercials implied. But I also would get frustrated with Pikachu sometimes when I'm telling it to bring me an ingredient and then it gets mad when I scold it.

The Red Chain

Not at all. The graphics and features were actually rather good for it's time.
    I'm still impressed actually. XD;

It's so much fun to use the mic, even though silly Pikachu doesn't always listen. ;u;
    I always had fun with this game and even to this day I wish I had it so I could play it some more. :3

Pikaaa~ <3
    Was anyone else massively disappointed by Hey You Pikachu?

Back