• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When we people learn?

KieronGames

May be more active
Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    Hello everyone,

Lately i've been hearing about 2012. BTW on my other thread i didn't say i believed in 2012.
    Anyways,
    When will people learn that 2012 is a BUSINESS not DOOMSDAY.
    We all survived these predictions since they didn't happen.
    The point is,
    Stop getting on peoples nerves dooms dayers.
    I have a really annoying friend at school forever saying 2012's real.
    So hwo many fo you are annoyed with these predictions?
    OMG! WE DIE EVERY NEW YEARS EVE THEN!
    Wow a calendar ends so what

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I don't believe 2012 is doomsday. I do believe that something big will happen, though. Not sure if it's negative or positive.

This "big thing" isn't the end of the calendar, though xD Something else...

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • I'm just going to laugh at the people in the street yelling: "ZOOOOOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGGG!!!! TEH WORLDZ G-G-GOING TO ENDZZZZ!?!??!?!??! ZOZGMOEGMKOEMGO!!!! GFVGEYVGFEHVFYIEV!!!"

Just the end of the Mayan calender. Big deal.

Death_Mande

Avenged Sevenfold.
    Years
  • I'm just going to laugh at the people in the street yelling: "ZOOOOOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGGG!!!! TEH WORLDZ G-G-GOING TO ENDZZZZ!?!??!?!??! ZOZGMOEGMKOEMGO!!!! GFVGEYVGFEHVFYIEV!!!"

Just the end of the Mayan calender. Big deal.

^ What he said. There's this annoying church that keeps talking about it over and over again where I live. On Dec. 2012, I'm gonna laugh my freakin' arse off at them. So annoying..

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • You know...being absolutely sure that nothing's going to happen is just as arrogant and close-minded as the ones that are absolutely sure that something will happen. XD

Quite frankly, it doesn't matter. If the world ends, it ends and there's nothing we could have done about it. If it doesn't end, it doesn't end and we get to continue on with our lives. :P

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    If it is real, then we're doomed! D:
    Naw..not really. I doubt anything will happen. I'm going to laugh my ass off at every arrogant minded person on the street who claimed such a thing to be real. It's very annoying >.>

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • You know...being absolutely sure that nothing's going to happen is just as arrogant and close-minded as the ones that are absolutely sure that something will happen. XD

Quite frankly, it doesn't matter. If the world ends, it ends and there's nothing we could have done about it. If it doesn't end, it doesn't end and we get to continue on with our lives. :P
    Yeah, that's my mindset too.

People were so sure that something was going to happen on June 6th, 2006 (6/6/06) too. My school had a bomb threat for that day so pretty much nobody showed up, but those of us that did basically got a free day and tons of extra credit in our classes. Can't complain :P

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • People were so sure that something was going to happen on June 6th, 2006 (6/6/06) too. My school had a bomb threat for that day so pretty much nobody showed up, but those of us that did basically got a free day and tons of extra credit in our classes. Can't complain :P

LOL? that's quite amusing xD

anyway, @ 2012:
    i dont think the world will really end..
    the first time i learned about it in social studies, i googled it and it just sayed stuff about solar flares which could potentially disturb Earth, but oh well

even if the world did end, i'd be happy to die with everyone else rather than dying by myself.. LOL

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Yeah, i'm 99.83% sure nothing will happen on 2012.
    Except maybe a huge increase in crimes committed by the retards that think the world is ending.
    I'm guessing Two Mayans were tasked with writing out a full calendar and when they eventually got to 12/21/2012 one turned to the other and said "Why the hell are we planning so far ahead? Let them continue the calendar themselves when the date comes. I mean, it's not like we'll be around anymore anyway, right?"

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I guess its the movis 2012 that drove people insane to belive the world would end here lmao. All I believe is if the world does end that year then I have enjoyed my life and I would even sit off somewhere laughing for some reason although I really doubt the humanity will just die out in 2012. Oh well no ones really a psychic so how do we really know for sure. Untill the world really ends then I'm going to continue what I always do...enjoy every piece of life I have.

Years
  • Nobody ever said the world was going to end.
    All that ever got said was the world as we know it was going to end.
    That could be anything from the earths implosion to the coming of a new world order.
    Who cares, just deal with it when it happens.
    To think that its not possible is highly close-minded and obnoxiously ignorant.
    And to the people that are annoyed by its priority as a topic of conversation, you're way to easily annoyed.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • If it is doomsday then I've gotta bang a girl I don't give a **** because it's already ********. And oh, if there really was a meteorite wouldn't we be more prepared or something? Pure garbage.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I don't believe that anything apocalyptic will happen at all on 2012, you probably don't have anything to worry about. I find Apophis more logical than this thing.
    Tell you what, I'll make a deal with everyone that believes in this end of the world thing. Give me $10, and if the world ends on December 21 2012, I will give you $100. Good deal, yes?

You know...being absolutely sure that nothing's going to happen is just as arrogant and close-minded as the ones that are absolutely sure that something will happen. XD

Not really. If there is a lack of evidence supporting the end of the world in 2012, then wouldn't it be the more logical assumption to believe something will not happen? You could say that not believing in rainbow farting unicorns is just as absurd as believing in them.

Years
  • Based on other predictions that the Mayans made, that have come true (look up examples for yourselves, I dont have time to link you to specific documents) it is also somewhat illogical to completely dismiss this one entirely.
    But like I said, its not the end of the world anyway, its the end of the world as we know it.
    Huge difference.

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    I don't believe that anything apocalyptic will happen at all on 2012, you probably don't have anything to worry about. I find Apophis more logical than this thing.
    Tell you what, I'll make a deal with everyone that believes in this end of the world thing. Give me $10, and if the world ends on December 21 2012, I will give you $100. Good deal, yes?

Not really. If there is a lack of evidence supporting the end of the world in 2012, then wouldn't it be the more logical assumption to believe something will not happen? You could say that not believing in rainbow farting unicorns is just as absurd as believing in them.
    Well if Apophis even comes near the Earth in 2036, i think technology would beat it. :D

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years

It's more logical to believe nothing is going to happen. There have been up to thirty predictions that the world would end, coming from as early as 2,800 B.C. Never did. I highly doubt this will happen.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • The world has been supposed to go under http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik times already.

It's not going to in 2012 either, which is why i've joined the facebook group "I'm going to wake up on December 22nd 2012 and laugh".

I read about a lot of stuff that would "happen" in 2012 that would make the world go under no matter what (something happening with the sun/Yellowstone going WTFBOOM/about 10 other things) but none of it made any sense at all
    -especially when Wikipedia says Yellowstone has calmed down. xD

Back