• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When we people learn?

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i absolutely don't believe anything is going to happen- but when i wake up that day, i will look up to the sky with a smile on my face and say "BRING IT ON B**CH"

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    i am certain i no what happens!
    the day changes to december 21st

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • i am certain i no what happens!
    the day changes to december 21st

*know

I think it would be pretty cool if the world ended. I wouldn't have to worry about stuff anymore.

Will it happen? Who knows. Nobody knows anything for certain. Could; could not. Only one way to find out.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • The only possible good thing that comes about this whole "end of the world in 2012" thing is that people might start living their life to the fullest if they think they are going to die soon, but I don't really see that happening, so never mind.

The flip side is people might start going crazy (if they haven't already) and start killing others and then themselves if they feel cornered.

As for me, I don't really care if someone starts laughing at my face when the world supposedly ends in 2012 because there's obviously nothing we can do about it. There's really no sense worrying about it especially since anyone can unexpectedly die on any given date before they even get to see the outcome on 2012.

Magik?!

Georgums.
    Years
  • I heard about the 2012 thing a long time ago, and I heard about it in the sense that the Mayans truely meant - that it was the end of a cycle. Most of their cycles predicted ends of certain governments or whatever... so I guess something like that might come in 2012. I mean, the world is ready for change, definitely, we need to do a lot of things, and it's supposedly a new era and all beginning... so I think it's going to be a year of change. But I laugh at those idiots who think it will actually end too. It's something that's been blown way out of proportion, just like Y2K. 'Oh, the calenders on our computers might break' turned into 'OHMIGOD COMPUTERS ARE GONNA TURN INTO MANIC KILLING MACHINES AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD' (very compressed version, I know). But seriously, talk about media frenzy much?

salochin

Dragon Master
    Years
  • 2012 is not y2k, y2k is a misunderstandment of technology. 2012 is the doomsday predicted by the mayans, (For the life of me I can't remember his name...), and several Native American Tribes, and various cultures around the world. Okay so not too specific in that but it's so widespread in when it was predicted and recurring predictions since that makes it stand out so much.

Anyways as a quick list, here are the ways the world has been predicted to end by Science:
    YellowStone- biggest volcano to erupt that could cover the entire world in soot and block the sun out for over ten years, basically Like venus for ten years. Not to mention Canda, U.S. and Mexico are dodging flaming balls of rock and a large portion of all three is being taken out by lava and earthquakes.

Magnetic Shift: Geologists predict it to happen, not if but when in the next few years (2012) or in the next 100,000 years. This would cause all computers to fry and anything else electronic, so basically end of the world due to anarchy and chaos. There is a computer under development that runs on light and not electrical components, but it's completion is in 2013, and public release 2018. Full integration of it would take another decade.

There are tons more but I'm only going to say one more, Massive Solar Storm. Oh it's just what, solar energy and it happens all the time right? Well it looks as if a massive one could be building up and remember the magnetic shift I told you about? Well same EMP effect. Anarchy and Chaos follow as well. :3

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • 2012 is not y2k, y2k is a misunderstandment of technology. 2012 is the doomsday predicted by the mayans, (For the life of me I can't remember his name...), and several Native American Tribes, and various cultures around the world. Okay so not too specific in that but it's so widespread in when it was predicted and recurring predictions since that makes it stand out so much.

Anyways as a quick list, here are the ways the world has been predicted to end by Science:
    YellowStone- biggest volcano to erupt that could cover the entire world in soot and block the sun out for over ten years, basically Like venus for ten years. Not to mention Canda, U.S. and Mexico are dodging flaming balls of rock and a large portion of all three is being taken out by lava and earthquakes.

Magnetic Shift: Geologists predict it to happen, not if but when in the next few years (2012) or in the next 100,000 years. This would cause all computers to fry and anything else electronic, so basically end of the world due to anarchy and chaos. There is a computer under development that runs on light and not electrical components, but it's completion is in 2013, and public release 2018. Full integration of it would take another decade.

There are tons more but I'm only going to say one more, Massive Solar Storm. Oh it's just what, solar energy and it happens all the time right? Well it looks as if a massive one could be building up and remember the magnetic shift I told you about? Well same EMP effect. Anarchy and Chaos follow as well. :3

Nostradamus?

Looks like you saw the same History Channel documentary I did a couple months back, except I'm just a tiny bit more cynical and skeptical than you. XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'm not convinced anything drastic will happen in 2012, but anything is possible. And really, there's nothing you can do about it if something does happen, so I'm really not going to be living my life any different as that date approaches. It'll be business as usual for me, and in the off chance that something does occur, then so be it.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • OMGZ IT BE LIKE 6/6/06. OH NOEZ.... hmmm my first neice was born on that day. doesn't seem to be to evil.....

I'm pretty sure nothing will happen. So a bunch of people stopped their calender then. I wouldn't want to go on writing a calender for thousands of years either. They probably had better things to do.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • OMGZ IT BE LIKE 6/6/06. OH NOEZ.... hmmm my first neice was born on that day. doesn't seem to be to evil.....

I'm pretty sure nothing will happen. So a bunch of people stopped their calender then. I wouldn't want to go on writing a calender for thousands of years either. They probably had better things to do.
    2012, 2013, 201-- Holy crap, that monkey is wearing a hat!

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • No one who can think rationally believes in the 2012 doomsday scenario. The people who spread the word about it are just trying to make some money and get publicity from people saying how cool they are. No one really believes in scientology either.

Kenpari

¯\(°_o)/¯ I DUNNO LOL
    Years
  • I don't really believe in 2012, but I never put it completely out of my mind that something could possibly happen. You just never know. I tend to just joke around with the 2012 idea.

AikuSeverin

Dark Trainer
    Years
  • if you try to book at any hospitality just about everything booked out at dec 2012, i find it funny, peopel are gonna sell everything and get rid of everything and drinking, having the night of thier life, they they'll wake up on 2013, and they'll be absolutely screwed over

im gonna laugh so hard

Back