PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] NPC General Discussion + Cameos

seeker
May 24th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Cameos
Do you expect there to be some characters from the previous games appearing in B&W? Is there any people you'd like to see appear in the new games in gen V style?

If you remember back to D/P/P there were a few, namely Jasmine from the Steel type gym in Johto, she had been standing on the beach on your way to the Pokemon League. You also met Steven as well as others in HG/SS, Steven being from the Hoenn region in generation 3. Of course who could forget Team Rocket and Red appearing in the Johto region.

I expect that there may be some mention of the past regions and some of the people we seen within those regions, but I doubt there will be any big appearances. Personally I'd like to see Cynthia again, I felt she was quite a dark NPC in Platinum and I'd like to hear more of her backstory perhaps, I think that B&W would be a likely place for her to appear once again.

solspear
May 24th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Red and Gold xD having their battle on a new snowy mountain with epic music..

and then white comes and PARTYPOOPS

dooxer
May 24th, 2010, 01:11 PM
yeeea someone called white would not be as cool... can't actually think of a name thou, and we do need someone like that.

Timbjerr
May 24th, 2010, 01:47 PM
It's been said before, but the foreign Rocket member you fight in Kanto in GSCHGSS would seem a logical choice. On a more humorous choice, we can see Archie and Maxie playing chess and arguing with eachother in a city park or something. XD

Bloothump
May 24th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I'm not too fond of any past npcs, but if any, I'd like to see Steven somewhere.

Mew396
May 24th, 2010, 02:20 PM
One of the Hoenn gym leaders or frontier brains is what I would want to see in B&W. If I had to pick one I would pick Flannery.

Hypno
May 24th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I would like to see Brock, Red or Blue, like they help you out to get across a cave or something like in D/P/Pt.

Guy
May 24th, 2010, 04:18 PM
It's been said before, but the foreign Rocket member you fight in Kanto in GSCHGSS would seem a logical choice. On a more humorous choice, we can see Archie and Maxie playing chess and arguing with eachother in a city park or something. XD
I actually like your idea here. I battled that Rocket Member in Kanto recently in SoulSilver and he stressed the idea he was from a faraway place. So, if this could be the Isshu region and he makes a cameo as either part of the new evil organization(s) or just as simple cameo randomly would be pretty cool to see.

If I were to see Archie and Maxie appear playing chess in a park and arguing over it, I would probably bust out laughing.

One of the Hoenn gym leaders or frontier brains is what I would want to see in B&W. If I had to pick one I would pick Flannery.
I favor your idea as well; more so a Hoenn Frontier Brain making a cameo over another gym leader. I think that would be a good twist to it, especially if it was Brandon to make the cameo.

cystar
May 24th, 2010, 05:49 PM
I think that they should include red, gold/ethan, Blue, And silver all as battles at the top of 4 serprate mountains it would be so coo.l

Kipher
May 24th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I think that they should include red, gold/ethan, Blue, And silver all as battles at the top of 4 serprate mountains it would be so coo.l

Ehehehehhe

NO.

Maybe perhaps as minor cameos, such as an event where something awkwerd happens and the main charecter of one game just looks at you in utter disgust and moves on out of screen.

Red was a neccecesity becuase he is the boy we saw shrink into that sprite when we first played on that grey brick of a system.

A Pixy
May 24th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I don't know why, but I want to square off against Brendan the most.

Swampert
Shiftry
Aggron
Rhyperior
Macargo
Swellow

I don't know why. It's probably his cool hat. o3o

Mortalis
May 24th, 2010, 07:40 PM
I want Oprah !

Hmm, I'd love to see a gym leader from Hoenn, like Roxanne, Brawly, Flannery, Norman or Wallace.

I think I want Wallace the most ... he could be in search of a new challenge in the region and end up playing a plot-line role. I've always loved Wallace's style and personality.

flight
May 24th, 2010, 07:44 PM

This. It'd the the funniest thing to see ever since ever. I don't think any more Team Rockets need to make a return, especially since Giovanni has sorta made enough returns, I suppose. He would abandon team rocket and then he would stay abandoned and he would essentially stay as the main point of the storyline without actually being there...yeah, thats kinda...doesn't fit for me.

Ash
May 24th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I'd like to see a Hoenn Gym Leader or something as well. Perhaps a hint to an oncoming remake for the third gen. Kind of like how people considering Jasmine to be the hint to G/S/C's remake back in D/P/Pl. Or at least that what I thought she hinted at.

BHwolfgang
May 24th, 2010, 07:46 PM
I personally feel that NPC's like Steven or Cynthia should make an appearance. Steven could present the player a rare Steel-type Pokemon and Cynthia might just be there to give advice or whatever. I just think that those two should be featured, because both are great NPC's. They shouldn't be wasted being just opponents in their own generation.

Another NPC that I want to see in Gen. V is Lance. Eh, I guess that what I just want previous Pokemon Champions to appear in this generation. It would be cool, though, if any of them do.

Wings Don't Cry
May 24th, 2010, 09:19 PM
I'd really want to see Annabel or Steven making a cameo. Mainly Annabel.

miltankRancher
May 24th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Prof Oak will probably be there again, as the top prof or something. that little punk...

I want to see the slowpoke guy! remember the one who was trying to sell you slowpoke tail for a million pokedollars? maybe now he is trying to sell slowking hat.

Azzurra
May 24th, 2010, 10:24 PM
"Cameos" are possible in the new version. Professor Oak has made many appearances over the course of the games and could possibly make yet another appearance in Black and White.

Sage Harpuia
May 25th, 2010, 12:03 AM
I think that, in the same way we get reference to kanto in R/S/E and Jasmine and other reference in D/P/Pt to Johto, we'll probably get some Hoen character and reference.

Prof Oak will probably be there again, as the top prof or something. that little punk...
You are right, he is always everywhere! (except Hoen, maybe he is scared of poochyena!). However I wouldn't dislike a comeback if the other professsor has its own importance(like in Pt).

Rockets Lapras
May 25th, 2010, 01:39 AM
I miss Misty, she never gets old.

Ninja Caterpie
May 25th, 2010, 02:07 AM

omg, totally stealing that idea for a ROM Hack. :D

I'd like to see a few characters return in a humourous manner, like the one above. :D

Azzurra
May 25th, 2010, 02:43 AM
Or maybe even a past Gym Leader from another returning to their "home region" revealing a cool little back story of sorts.

fenyx4
May 25th, 2010, 09:44 AM
It's been said before, but the foreign Rocket member you fight in Kanto in GSCHGSS would seem a logical choice. On a more humorous choice, we can see [S-HIGHLIGHT]Archie and Maxie playing chess and arguing with eachother in a city park or something[/S-HIGHLIGHT]. XD

Simply hilarious. Along with showing how they've repented from their actions in RSE, it would show 2 head honchos arguing over something as simple as a chess game, when before they were arguing about land/sea dominance. I really wish I could see this scenario in Black and White... :D

One of the Hoenn gym leaders or frontier brains is what I would want to see in B&W. If I had to pick one I would pick [S-HIGHLIGHT]Flannery[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

My thoughts exactly; she's my favorite Hoenn Gym Leader! I'd like Sabrina of Kanto to make a cameo as well... Maybe Elite Four Sidney or Dome Ace Tucker (that moonwalking jerk) as well?

Having Professor Oak do a cameo would be kind of funny; since he's been in every Gen to date.

I'd really like it if the Trick Master from Hoenn did a cameo, since he said he was away on a trip to invent new tricks to stump the player, IIRC. New minigames like the ones featured in RSE's Trick House would be a nice little touch...

seeker
May 25th, 2010, 11:32 AM
On a more humorous choice, we can see Archie and Maxie playing chess and arguing with eachother in a city park or something. XD

Like most others in the topic I laughed at this line! On a more thought provoking note I think it's something the games have lacked in the past; a humour factor. Though there have been a few nothing really witty ever comes up such as the idea you made. But in all honesty, that is something that wouldn't go out of place, I can imangine it!

I imagine the same, Prof. Oak trying to get his piece of the action with all the new pokemon around. I'm sure he'll at least be rating your pokedex over the computer. He'll get a mention at least, the man always manages to get his name in edgeways.

My thoughts exactly; she's my favorite Hoenn Gym Leader! I'd like Sabrina of Kanto to make a cameo as well... Maybe Elite Four Sidney or Dome Ace Tucker (that moonwalking jerk) as well?

Having Professor Oak do a cameo would be kind of funny; since he's been in every Gen to date.

I'd really like it if the Trick Master from Hoenn did a cameo, since he said he was away on a trip to invent new tricks to stump the player, IIRC. New minigames like the ones featured in RSE's Trick House would be a nice little touch...

I think a lot of people are hoping for some characters from the Hoenn region to make an appearance, myself included. We did see Steven in HGSS but I think we could do with seeing a few more in B&W. I imagine it will spark off a Generation 3 remake speculation trend however. I can certainly see some of the Hoenn NPC's popping up here and there. But then again, I have a sneaking suspicion no one will, but that's just me looking upon the darker grass.

MrGriszell
June 17th, 2010, 07:30 PM
What are some characters from the previous regions would you like to see in black and white. Do you think Proffesor oak will be in this game? I personaly would like to see Gary Oak giving us our pokedex. What are your ideas

SIN1488
June 17th, 2010, 07:39 PM
What does the title have to do with this actual thread?
XD

Anyway, I'm sure Professor Oak will be in this game, to keep up the trend of the last 2 ones.

It would be interesting to have many small cameos in it, like maybe you could see Silver peeking in a building like he's going to steal something. :P

And of course it's always interesting to run into some of the Gym Leaders from other games.

MrGriszell
June 17th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Lol sorry, every time i saw a person from another region in the games i always said , thats an unusual sight.

Dillon_68
June 17th, 2010, 07:51 PM
It wouldh've made more sense to name it "cameos" or something. lol. But its all good.

I hope some of the Hoenn gym leaders/elite 4 like Wallace, Wattson, or Brawly make an appearance.

Luck
June 17th, 2010, 08:07 PM
No. No more professor Oak. He's such an attention whoar. He didn't like being the only professor in Kanto, so he introduces you to Pokemon in Johto instead of Elm. Not feeling like he got enough attention, he goes to Sinnoh. Why doesn't that old fart croak yet?

Tiax
June 17th, 2010, 09:19 PM
No. No more professor Oak. He's such an attention whoar.

Professor Oak. Professor Oak. Professor Oak. =/

He jumped out at me in my bathroom mirror.

rocky505
June 17th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Hopefully a Gym Leader from Sinnoh or an Elite 4 member at least.

Ninja Caterpie
June 17th, 2010, 11:21 PM
I'm really hoping there'll be Hoenn trainers and stuff, hinting towards a delicious Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remake. :D

MrsNorrington
June 18th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Not gonna lie, Prof Oak's my favourite character. I'll miss him if he's not there.

Calder
June 18th, 2010, 01:33 AM
I hope a PC from any other game is encountered...Walking into a PokeMart and seeing Gold Ethan there saying he is from Johto or Red encounter walking out of the E4 area....

SIN1488
June 18th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Professor Oak. Professor Oak. Professor Oak. =/

He jumped out at me in my bathroom mirror.

Yeah, and he always yells at me from seemingly nowhere when I try to use an item in the wrong area. >_<

He also said he came as soon as he heard I beat the elite four, which is kind of creepy.... :O

I still think it would be cool to have some kind of advanced elite four, consisting of the four elite four champions from the first 4 Gens. And the champion there could either be a completely new character that's ridiculously hard to beat, or just the champion in B/W. But I would want it to be in a place that's you can't get to until you complete a bunch of stuff in the game. If nothing else, maybe it would make a good hack....

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 18th, 2010, 03:15 AM
I hope a PC from any other game is encountered...Walking into a PokeMart and seeing Gold Ethan there saying he is from Johto or Red encounter walking out of the E4 area....

Well Gold wouldn't say anything because he is silent protagonist. Much like Red. That's why Red didn't say anything in GSCHGSS

Insane85
June 18th, 2010, 03:17 AM
I'd like some cameos, but I think, if there was Oak, we should only see him lose a pokemon battle/get thrown out of somewhere

Lord Varion
June 18th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Professer Birch
To link to a RSE remake
Like prof oak Hinted the HGSS make

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 18th, 2010, 03:52 AM
Professer Birch
To link to a RSE remake
Like prof oak Hinted the HGSS make

Professor Oak didn't hint HGSS. If anything he would hint another Kanto remake.

Cherrim
June 18th, 2010, 04:37 AM
This could easily be merged into a "what would you like to see" thread but I fixed up the thread title and I'll see where this goes before I do that. :s

SIN1488
June 18th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Much like Red. That's why Red didn't say anything in GSCHGSS

Yeah, I've always wondered if he would say something if you tried to throw a pokeball at one of his pokemon, as it seems all trainers say something when you do. Though he would probably just say: ".......!" XD

It might be interesting to see a lesser person from the story, like maybe Mr. Pokemon, Mr. Fuji, a team Aqua or Magma grunt, etc.

Lord Varion
June 18th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Professor Oak didn't hint HGSS. If anything he would hint another Kanto remake.

Nintendo Actaully stated
"In pokemon Platinum We included Prof.Oak From Pokemons R/B/Y & G/S/C
To Give a hint of HG/SS there are many other hints through out our pokemon history"

And :P

institutions
June 18th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I'd love to run into Brock.
Maybe a one time event to where you walk into a Pokecenter, and Brock's there hitting on Nurse Joy.

Or Professor Oak. Everyone loves him.

I love seeing characters from one game in another.
When I saw Crasher Wake on Heart Gold I went "!!!", however you do that.

Calder
June 18th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Well Gold wouldn't say anything because he is silent protagonist. Much like Red. That's why Red didn't say anything in GSCHGSS

They can make them say something...or just have Ethan as he would be called sadly run into you and run by you...Maybe bump into him walking in the mart and he just walks out...

SolarAbusoru
June 18th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I wanna see Brendan/May in this game as the equivalent of G/S/C/HG/SS' Red

ShinyEeveeGirl
June 18th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I'd love to run into Brock.
Maybe a one time event to where you walk into a Pokecenter, and Brock's there hitting on Nurse Joy.

If Brock shows up, you HAVE to have Misty show up and drag him out by his ear, apologize to you for his blocking of the counter, she gives you her phone number (for a battle) and then leaves, after giving you a Staryu for your trouble.

SpawnHyuuga
June 18th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I can almost guarantee that if a Gym Leader from Hoenn appears in Black/White/Possible Grey? then we're probably looking at a remake of R/S/E just as in D/P/Pt. there was Jasmine.

Dominus Temporis
June 18th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Nintendo Actaully stated
"In pokemon Platinum We included Prof.Oak From Pokemons R/B/Y & G/S/C
To Give a hint of HG/SS there are many other hints through out our pokemon history"
Wait, what? Even ignoring the fact that it'd be GameFreak saying that, not Nintendo, where did you get this from? Not to mention Oak's in Diamond and Pearl too...

Speaking of, I feel Oak will show up in some fashion, seeing as how he's the iconic Pokemon Professor and all that, though I'd like to see Rowan too, since he's been known to travel about. I have a feeling Bill might make an appearance in some form as well, he's made physical appearances in two regions, was directly referenced by Bebe, and got a shout-out in Hoenn on Lanette's computer. He'll probably get mentioned, at the least, if he's not the admin for the PC systems in Isshu.

Timbjerr
June 18th, 2010, 04:04 PM
If hinting at a R/S remakes is the intent, I'd love to see Archie and Maxie playing chess in a park somewhere, only to break down into an argument. XD

A Pixy
June 18th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I wanna square off against Lucas or something like that. D:

PiPVoda
June 18th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Araragi should be the only professor in Isshu. We don't need Oak or the rest shourding in on her spotlight. Also, this should be the first region where no one from past regions makes an apperance.

flight
June 18th, 2010, 07:32 PM
No more Oaks, no more blasts from the pasts, anything. I'd like to see completely new people giving a completely new Pokedex and give completely new Pokemon.

That's what I want.

Åzurε
June 18th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Previous PCs would be fun. And maybe Cyrus for a brief moment, just to say "Oi, I'm still alive somewhere". Aside from that, I'm pretty indifferent.

Mac@ACK!
June 18th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Wally. Anyone remember him? I miss that kid. Little guy was a good sport. I was always hoping for him to be the Champion instead of those god awful Wallace and Steven. (they were cool, Wallace was definately a homosexual, Steven had awesome hair) But what about WALLY!? I want to see him make an appearance. Thats IF we're still talking about hints to the 3rd Gen remakes.

Reshiram Man
June 18th, 2010, 08:28 PM
i want to see lots of previous people from all the games

Iqid Loopz
June 18th, 2010, 08:53 PM
I hope we can fight Ash and his level 1000 Pikachu, but of coarse we'll beat him with one attack, cause Pikachu is soft and weak. Or Jesse, James and Meowth, or Misty, Brock, Tracey...or The Magicarp seller...

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 18th, 2010, 11:25 PM
I hope we can fight Ash and his level 1000 Pikachu, but of coarse we'll beat him with one attack, cause Pikachu is soft and weak. Or Jesse, James and Meowth, or Misty, Brock, Tracey...or The Magicarp seller...

Those are all anime characters. The only time Brock and Misty appear in the game are as Gym Leaders. Tracey is hated enough so I doubt they would make him a game counterpart.

Cherrim
June 19th, 2010, 07:15 AM
What are some characters from the previous regions would you like to see in black and white. Do you think Proffesor oak will be in this game? I personaly would like to see Gary Oak giving us our pokedex. What are your ideas
Cue "my bad!". This thread already exists so merging it in with the older (still active) NPC thread. @_@;

That'll teach me to read every thread with a decent title anyway--sometimes the innards are broader than expected. XD;

OverTheRainbowSoilder
June 19th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I seriously would love to have a feature where you actually BATTLE with ALL other gym leaders from other games, similar to the rematches in HG/SS

Jerme
June 19th, 2010, 04:35 PM
i hope the NPC's are more active. like walking their pokemon all around the city, not just a limited path.

Waffle-San
June 19th, 2010, 07:34 PM

Please and thank you!! I'd burst out laughing!!

I'm pretty sure someone mentioned it on the first page, but keeping with the Hoenn theme I'd love to see the Trick Master. His house was great for training and he did leave to go travelling plus it'd be something different then then the regular Gym Leader/Professor.

Oh I've got another one. Someone from the Winstrate Family. I'm fairly certain that the Ace Trainer in Victory Road who mentions his family is the son/brother/grandson that they tell you about. It'd be cool to see one of them pop up and challenge you.

PokeWe
June 19th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Darach or Thornton needs another appearance.

countryemo
June 19th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Idk why but i always wanted to se drake again. (after seeing the hoenn episode)

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 19th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Darach or Thornton needs another appearance.

They were just in Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver.

EmzStar
June 20th, 2010, 07:08 AM
We need a Magma or Aqua grunt walking off a Boat, walk up to you and then discover they got the wrong ferry then run off.

Or on a different note they could put a gym leader in who will appear in Gen 6, but I doubt that will happen.

Tyranitzar
June 20th, 2010, 08:21 AM
I think we'll see at least one professor from the former regions. No doubt about it.

It would have been nice if we could see Silver, and how his personality has developed since HGSS (if BW takes place after the events of HGSS, that is). You meet him after you have collected 8 badges, and he gives you a lecture on how loving and trusting your pokemon is the key to succeeding against the elite four, and he tells you that after he learned that, he became a better trainer.

"I'm currently looking for a powerful dragon master. He really gave me in me in once in the past, when I didn't love and trust my pokemon enough. I will show him how I have grown as a trainer since then, and I will beat him with the bond I now share with my pokemon."

Trap-Eds
June 20th, 2010, 10:12 AM
THE TRICK MASTER. That guy was hilarious. He said he "traveled to distant lands," right? :3

They could do what they did in HG/SS with the Sinnoh Gym Leaders and have Gym Leaders from Hoenn show up in Isshu.

Blubber300
June 20th, 2010, 11:11 AM
i'm thinking Prof. Oak's getting kinda old, maybe Gary could've taken over as the Kanto proffesor that pokes his nose in everywhere...

Supersonic001
June 20th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Seriously, I would love for Wally To be a Psychic type gym leader in B&W. 1 - as a reference to R/S/E but 2 - As a bit of a epilogue to R/S/E to show you how Wally has grown from being the Sick and Timid little boy he once was.

I think Wally should finally have his chance to shine.

Benjamin510
June 20th, 2010, 02:52 PM
On a more humorous choice, we can see Archie and Maxie playing chess and arguing with each other in a city park or something. XD

Who cares about the other part! You won this thread

1: Tell that to the internet and everyone, then sell it on a CD for 50¢
2:?????????
3: PROOOOOOFIIIIT!

altariaking
June 20th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I want to see Baro in this
I think we may be seeing some NPCs that never really did much in their game, like Daisy in Kanto.
or the girl that referenced Mun'na.

JP
June 20th, 2010, 03:57 PM
I would love to see Cynthia make an appearance. I'd also love to see one or two of the heroes from the 4th gen make an appearance.

MegaKuriboh
June 20th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Silver, Lance and the 2 Brendans

Silver, Lance and the 2 Brendans.
I bet Prof Oak will come back damn I hope not I am SICK of him.
Maybe (hopefully) Gary will come and maybe May will come too you know as a RS remake referance? I'd actually prefer May to come back instead of Brendan.
Oh yeah and Cynthia she was the BEST champion ever I hope the new champ has a great team as well.

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 20th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Oh yeah and Cynthia she was the BEST champion ever I hope the new champ has a great team as well.

I beg to differ. I think the title of best Champion goes to either Blue or Lance.

Benjamin510
June 21st, 2010, 10:29 AM
We NEED A Gold Cameo! Imagine! He'd be like Red, and his team would be:

Typlosion: LV 86
Ampipom: LV 88
Poilteid: LV 85
Houndoom: LV 80
Togikiss: LV 76
Suddowodddo: Lv 88

See? we can have this every game!

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 21st, 2010, 09:12 PM
With Gold the only Pokemon we know he will get are a starter, you have to encounter Sudowoodo, and Togepi. Red was easy because you have to either kill or catch Snorlax, you're given a Lapras, Pikachu is his starter, and you're given the three starters.