• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen NPC General Discussion + Cameos

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Cameos
    Do you expect there to be some characters from the previous games appearing in B&W? Is there any people you'd like to see appear in the new games in gen V style?

If you remember back to D/P/P there were a few, namely Jasmine from the Steel type gym in Johto, she had been standing on the beach on your way to the Pokemon League. You also met Steven as well as others in HG/SS, Steven being from the Hoenn region in generation 3. Of course who could forget Team Rocket and Red appearing in the Johto region.

I expect that there may be some mention of the past regions and some of the people we seen within those regions, but I doubt there will be any big appearances. Personally I'd like to see Cynthia again, I felt she was quite a dark NPC in Platinum and I'd like to hear more of her backstory perhaps, I think that B&W would be a likely place for her to appear once again.

Last edited:

solspear

PKMN Trainer Kame
    Years
  • Red and Gold xD having their battle on a new snowy mountain with epic music..

and then white comes and PARTYPOOPS

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    yeeea someone called white would not be as cool... can't actually think of a name thou, and we do need someone like that.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • It's been said before, but the foreign Rocket member you fight in Kanto in GSCHGSS would seem a logical choice. On a more humorous choice, we can see Archie and Maxie playing chess and arguing with eachother in a city park or something. XD

Mew396

World Champion Trainer!
    Years
  • One of the Hoenn gym leaders or frontier brains is what I would want to see in B&W. If I had to pick one I would pick Flannery.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • I would like to see Brock, Red or Blue, like they help you out to get across a cave or something like in D/P/Pt.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • It's been said before, but the foreign Rocket member you fight in Kanto in GSCHGSS would seem a logical choice. On a more humorous choice, we can see Archie and Maxie playing chess and arguing with eachother in a city park or something. XD
    I actually like your idea here. I battled that Rocket Member in Kanto recently in SoulSilver and he stressed the idea he was from a faraway place. So, if this could be the Isshu region and he makes a cameo as either part of the new evil organization(s) or just as simple cameo randomly would be pretty cool to see.

If I were to see Archie and Maxie appear playing chess in a park and arguing over it, I would probably bust out laughing.

One of the Hoenn gym leaders or frontier brains is what I would want to see in B&W. If I had to pick one I would pick Flannery.
    I favor your idea as well; more so a Hoenn Frontier Brain making a cameo over another gym leader. I think that would be a good twist to it, especially if it was Brandon to make the cameo.

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
  • I think that they should include red, gold/ethan, Blue, And silver all as battles at the top of 4 serprate mountains it would be so coo.l

Kipher

The author riding the raptor.
    Years
  • I think that they should include red, gold/ethan, Blue, And silver all as battles at the top of 4 serprate mountains it would be so coo.l

Ehehehehhe

NO.

Maybe perhaps as minor cameos, such as an event where something awkwerd happens and the main charecter of one game just looks at you in utter disgust and moves on out of screen.

Red was a neccecesity becuase he is the boy we saw shrink into that sprite when we first played on that grey brick of a system.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • I want Oprah !

Hmm, I'd love to see a gym leader from Hoenn, like Roxanne, Brawly, Flannery, Norman or Wallace.

I think I want Wallace the most ... he could be in search of a new challenge in the region and end up playing a plot-line role. I've always loved Wallace's style and personality.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'd like to see a Hoenn Gym Leader or something as well. Perhaps a hint to an oncoming remake for the third gen. Kind of like how people considering Jasmine to be the hint to G/S/C's remake back in D/P/Pl. Or at least that what I thought she hinted at.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I personally feel that NPC's like Steven or Cynthia should make an appearance. Steven could present the player a rare Steel-type Pokemon and Cynthia might just be there to give advice or whatever. I just think that those two should be featured, because both are great NPC's. They shouldn't be wasted being just opponents in their own generation.

Another NPC that I want to see in Gen. V is Lance. Eh, I guess that what I just want previous Pokemon Champions to appear in this generation. It would be cool, though, if any of them do.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Prof Oak will probably be there again, as the top prof or something. that little punk...

I want to see the slowpoke guy! remember the one who was trying to sell you slowpoke tail for a million pokedollars? maybe now he is trying to sell slowking hat.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    "Cameos" are possible in the new version. Professor Oak has made many appearances over the course of the games and could possibly make yet another appearance in Black and White.

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
  • I think that, in the same way we get reference to kanto in R/S/E and Jasmine and other reference in D/P/Pt to Johto, we'll probably get some Hoen character and reference.

Prof Oak will probably be there again, as the top prof or something. that little punk...
    You are right, he is always everywhere! (except Hoen, maybe he is scared of poochyena!). However I wouldn't dislike a comeback if the other professsor has its own importance(like in Pt).

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years

omg, totally stealing that idea for a ROM Hack. :D

I'd like to see a few characters return in a humourous manner, like the one above. :D

Back