• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen NPC General Discussion + Cameos

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Professor Oak didn't hint HGSS. If anything he would hint another Kanto remake.

Nintendo Actaully stated
    "In pokemon Platinum We included Prof.Oak From Pokemons R/B/Y & G/S/C
    To Give a hint of HG/SS there are many other hints through out our pokemon history"

And :P

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • I'd love to run into Brock.
    Maybe a one time event to where you walk into a Pokecenter, and Brock's there hitting on Nurse Joy.

Or Professor Oak. Everyone loves him.

I love seeing characters from one game in another.
    When I saw Crasher Wake on Heart Gold I went "!!!", however you do that.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Well Gold wouldn't say anything because he is silent protagonist. Much like Red. That's why Red didn't say anything in GSCHGSS

They can make them say something...or just have Ethan as he would be called sadly run into you and run by you...Maybe bump into him walking in the mart and he just walks out...

ShinyEeveeGirl

"Beat" Crystal in Under a Day
    Years
  • I'd love to run into Brock.
    Maybe a one time event to where you walk into a Pokecenter, and Brock's there hitting on Nurse Joy.

If Brock shows up, you HAVE to have Misty show up and drag him out by his ear, apologize to you for his blocking of the counter, she gives you her phone number (for a battle) and then leaves, after giving you a Staryu for your trouble.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • I can almost guarantee that if a Gym Leader from Hoenn appears in Black/White/Possible Grey? then we're probably looking at a remake of R/S/E just as in D/P/Pt. there was Jasmine.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Nintendo Actaully stated
    "In pokemon Platinum We included Prof.Oak From Pokemons R/B/Y & G/S/C
    To Give a hint of HG/SS there are many other hints through out our pokemon history"
    Wait, what? Even ignoring the fact that it'd be GameFreak saying that, not Nintendo, where did you get this from? Not to mention Oak's in Diamond and Pearl too...

Speaking of, I feel Oak will show up in some fashion, seeing as how he's the iconic Pokemon Professor and all that, though I'd like to see Rowan too, since he's been known to travel about. I have a feeling Bill might make an appearance in some form as well, he's made physical appearances in two regions, was directly referenced by Bebe, and got a shout-out in Hoenn on Lanette's computer. He'll probably get mentioned, at the least, if he's not the admin for the PC systems in Isshu.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • If hinting at a R/S remakes is the intent, I'd love to see Archie and Maxie playing chess in a park somewhere, only to break down into an argument. XD

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Araragi should be the only professor in Isshu. We don't need Oak or the rest shourding in on her spotlight. Also, this should be the first region where no one from past regions makes an apperance.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Previous PCs would be fun. And maybe Cyrus for a brief moment, just to say "Oi, I'm still alive somewhere". Aside from that, I'm pretty indifferent.

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
    Years
  • Wally. Anyone remember him? I miss that kid. Little guy was a good sport. I was always hoping for him to be the Champion instead of those god awful Wallace and Steven. (they were cool, Wallace was definately a homosexual, Steven had awesome hair) But what about WALLY!? I want to see him make an appearance. Thats IF we're still talking about hints to the 3rd Gen remakes.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • I hope we can fight Ash and his level 1000 Pikachu, but of coarse we'll beat him with one attack, cause Pikachu is soft and weak. Or Jesse, James and Meowth, or Misty, Brock, Tracey...or The Magicarp seller...

Lelouch vi Britannia

99th Emperor of Britannia
    Years
  • I hope we can fight Ash and his level 1000 Pikachu, but of coarse we'll beat him with one attack, cause Pikachu is soft and weak. Or Jesse, James and Meowth, or Misty, Brock, Tracey...or The Magicarp seller...

Those are all anime characters. The only time Brock and Misty appear in the game are as Gym Leaders. Tracey is hated enough so I doubt they would make him a game counterpart.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • What are some characters from the previous regions would you like to see in black and white. Do you think Proffesor oak will be in this game? I personaly would like to see Gary Oak giving us our pokedex. What are your ideas
    Cue "my bad!". This thread already exists so merging it in with the older (still active) NPC thread. @_@;

That'll teach me to read every thread with a decent title anyway--sometimes the innards are broader than expected. XD;

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    i hope the NPC's are more active. like walking their pokemon all around the city, not just a limited path.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • It's been said before, but the foreign Rocket member you fight in Kanto in GSCHGSS would seem a logical choice. On a more humorous choice, we can see Archie and Maxie playing chess and arguing with eachother in a city park or something. XD

Please and thank you!! I'd burst out laughing!!

I'm pretty sure someone mentioned it on the first page, but keeping with the Hoenn theme I'd love to see the Trick Master. His house was great for training and he did leave to go travelling plus it'd be something different then then the regular Gym Leader/Professor.

Oh I've got another one. Someone from the Winstrate Family. I'm fairly certain that the Ace Trainer in Victory Road who mentions his family is the son/brother/grandson that they tell you about. It'd be cool to see one of them pop up and challenge you.

Back