View Full Version : B/W: Which of your Pokemon do you plan to transfer over to Black/White?

Yukari Tanizaki
June 1st, 2010, 6:42 AM
I would like to know very much.

Dominus Temporis
June 1st, 2010, 7:11 AM
Well, I'll only be transferring one over. It'll be an egg containing a Squirtle since that's the only starter I haven't taken through a whole game yet. So hopefully I'll have Squirtle and Pokabu together from the beginning of the game...

Hybrid Theory
June 1st, 2010, 7:13 AM
Probably all of my good ones, but only after I beat the Elite Four.

June 1st, 2010, 7:20 AM
I've decided that I'll transfer:
Torchic Lv. 5
Bulbasaur Lv. 5
Totadile Lv. 5
Pichu Lv. 5
My Pichu has egg move like Volt Tackle, which is cool.

assuming you can transfer pokemon over.

June 1st, 2010, 7:32 AM
My Arceus of course :D, I love it

June 1st, 2010, 7:57 AM
None. What's the point of having a shiny new Pokemon game if you're just gonna use the pokemon you caught in DPPtHGSS?

June 1st, 2010, 8:17 AM
^ New adventure, I suppose? I'm not sure if I'll transfer over any of my Pokémon yet. If I do, it'll be at the very end. I like to use what I've got throughout the main story.

June 1st, 2010, 8:23 AM
I'll transfer over a pokemon after I've completed the game and when I want to start building my pokédex up. But if there is one pokémon who'd most likely end up there it's my level 100 Vaporeon, who has been with me for a very long time.

I haven't got around to transferring it to my DS games yet though, because it'd just be too sad to never let him go back to his original game again! (Although I deleted his original trainer whom I had called Ash XD)

June 1st, 2010, 8:45 AM

I wonder how that will work too. Assuming you can only trade pokemon over that are not gen 5....could work.

I don't plan on sending many over. I might send my Ralts, Groudon, and Empoleon from old Platinum saved file but that won't be till I have the national dex.

June 1st, 2010, 11:12 AM
My Arceus of course :D, I love it

seriously? arceus? whats the point in getting the game? :(

June 1st, 2010, 2:03 PM
well, after i beat the main story line, i'm going to send my charizard from fire red. that baby is level 100 and has been through every game after fire red. emerald, pearl, diamond, platinum, heart gold, and now at the moment soul silver. it's like my version of ashes picachu. ;)

Rich Boy Rob
June 1st, 2010, 2:12 PM
Once I've beaten the campaign I'll send over my stockpile of Pokémon from different playthroughs. Seriously, on Platinum I have my final teams from about 3 Emerald playthroughs, 1 Sapphire playthrough and a couple of Diamond playthroughs. My current party consists mostly of a combination of my Emerald, Diamond and Platinum teams.

June 1st, 2010, 2:35 PM

and probably a few others. meh.

June 1st, 2010, 2:42 PM
Well, I kind of plan on catching every pokemon possible and transferring them over. Uhh, complete Dex anyone? But the only pokemon at this point I really care about is my level 70 Slowking.

June 1st, 2010, 3:55 PM
I will most likely be transferring my beloved pokemon teams from my other games transferred from other games lol. Like my pearl team & my HG/SS team but of course only until I've beaten the Elite 4 & such. Also the event pokemon that unlocks Zoroark, IF I can get that in the US in the future.

Ninja Caterpie
June 1st, 2010, 10:21 PM
Tch, probably nothing. Teams built for DP/PtHGSS' Battle Frontier don't work when there are some 100-odd new Pokemon and hundreds of new moves to mess around with. =(

June 1st, 2010, 10:36 PM
a new cyndaquil, itll be in an egg ^_^
and then ill hatch it on white, then we will own the tisshu region with tsutaja as our grass type, theyll be the grass&fire cyndaquil tag team duo XD

June 1st, 2010, 11:12 PM
not sure if i will or not. i kinda just want to play through only with the pokemon that are available in the game. if i somehow change my mind, i probs will put in cyndaquill.

June 1st, 2010, 11:31 PM
I'll probably trade some pokemone over to it after I beat the game. It's gonna suck if I have to pick a gen when I want to battle someone and not have the pokemon I want on the right game.

June 2nd, 2010, 12:02 AM
Up until 4th Gen, I would've done a complete playthrough in one both and, whichever version I like best, keep pure for replay purposes. However, since the arise of Riolu/Lucario, I've been inclined to have one ever-ready at the beginning of every new game I start. The only reason why I wouldn't is if, like someone said, you can't transfer until after the E4. I'd HOPE it'd be like HGSS and let you trade immediately, but.... oh well. New region always = new fun.

Satoshi_poketo monsta
June 2nd, 2010, 12:09 AM
It'll be my Gallade and etc. But I like a Pokemon with an Higher Attack like Gallade, Kabutops, Zangoose! those! are my main Pokemon!

June 2nd, 2010, 12:16 AM
Like always, my shiny Roserade will be the main concern, but with her I will also be transferring over my Scizor, Houndoom, Milotic, Magnezone, and Skuntank.

June 2nd, 2010, 12:24 AM
I will transfer over my level 100 arceus

Blue Nocturne
June 2nd, 2010, 12:39 AM
A starter. As soon as possible, the new ones are sickeningly ugly. The only one that has even the slightest amount of dignity is the Grass starter, and even that is yet another reptile. I would probably trade over some legendaries and exclusives for completion purposes (or usage for pokemon like... magmortar maybe)

June 2nd, 2010, 9:38 AM

I wonder how that will work too. Assuming you can only trade pokemon over that are not gen 5....could work.

I don't plan on sending many over. I might send my Ralts, Groudon, and Empoleon from old Platinum saved file but that won't be till I have the national dex.It has been confermed that you can trade Pokémon between the Fourth and Fifth Generation.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 2nd, 2010, 1:47 PM
None. What's the point of having a shiny new Pokemon game if you're just gonna use the pokemon you caught in DPPtHGSS?

^ Ding ding! ^ Until at least my fifth play through, it's going to be B/W Pokémon all the way.

June 2nd, 2010, 2:25 PM
My wifi Team and my shinys also EGGS. Like Scyther Egg that is hatched, and cynda also totodile, feebas, lavitair and probably, The Legends.

June 2nd, 2010, 2:48 PM
Nothing. I'll just start with a brand new bunch of pokemon, it's more fun that way.

June 2nd, 2010, 3:08 PM
I usually never transfer Pokemon. But if the games don't give a chance to obtain a Charmander, then I will definately be transferring a Charmander over from my Heartgold (In which I have about 10 Charmanders that I have bred and are kept in my PC box with much care to save for later) and train it until it is a lovely Charizard.

June 2nd, 2010, 3:11 PM
All the good, EV trained Pokemon and the rares. And the shinies too.

Probabpy won't trade them until the 6th playthrough though, get fully adjusted
and used to Gen V Pokemon.

Colorado Avalanche
June 2nd, 2010, 5:52 PM
Probably I'll take pokemon from Platinum.

Transfer a OU, UU, NU, monotype team.

June 2nd, 2010, 7:12 PM
I'll only transfer/trade once I have beaten the game and at least tried whatever after-game stuff they have while using only the B/W pokes. After that, I'll transfer over my Typhlosion, Togekiss (I worked hard to get it. The only Poke I have ever bred. XD) Gallade, Tyranitar, Roserade, and Milotic. Yeah, a whole team. ^__^;

Cold Fusion
June 3rd, 2010, 10:32 AM
None probably, I'd rather leave the other Pokemon on their original games. I don't mind starting over new. What's the point in transferring all your best (or baby who gain way to much experience) Pokemon onto a new game? Let's play a fresh game! :D

June 3rd, 2010, 10:40 AM
Just my lv60 Shiny Donphan after beating all of the gym leaders, and then after I beat the Elite Four I will transfer over the rest.

June 3rd, 2010, 1:06 PM
Omg i return from my grave, ill probly be tranferring Palkia,Rayquaza,Typhlosion, and..... Some other legendary or something, ill save the other 2 spots for tsutaja and Zekrom. :D but if you can get Reshiram too then the random spot is for reshiram. :D

June 4th, 2010, 1:27 AM
Just a Chimchar or Cyndaquil.
And a Ditto.
The Ditto mainly to Shiny Hunt Japanese Pokemon :3

June 4th, 2010, 1:58 AM
Lol, wait. Why transfer over while playing the main game ? What's the point ? Let's use Isshu Pokemon ! :)
Of course that I'll transfer every original form of a starter to raise and gain a Pokedex entry. I always do that ! :)

June 4th, 2010, 2:23 AM
I'll be transferring Cubone With a egg move.

June 4th, 2010, 2:28 AM
Maybe My Slowking,that might just be it. That and maybe Legends,probably not.

June 4th, 2010, 2:29 AM
My shiny squirtle. I've left it at level 5 and I'm going to go through the whole of pokemon white with it :D

June 4th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Well if I can find myself a second DS by the time it comes out I will. I'll probably try and transfer all of my pokemon from soulsilver and maybe platinum and pearl once I finish black or white (still not sure which one I want) or maybe earlier if I cant get a pokemon I want earlier in the game for my team that might be in one of the gen 4 games :D

Liliana Vess
June 4th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Ill transfer over my shiny Ninetales :P
its been from my leaf green to my diamond to my platinum ot my SS and now hopefully to my 5th gen game :P

June 4th, 2010, 11:44 AM
psssssh why transfer when you can use a whole gen of new pokemon! i might transfer my steel team for online battles and pokedex entry but other than that I wont Transfer.

June 4th, 2010, 1:38 PM
I won't transfer any Pokemon until I complete the game, but once I do, I will transfer both SS and Pt teams, and other Pokemon that I could train since I would use the Black or White version (haven't decided yet) as my main version and leave the other two free to restart whenever I want.

June 4th, 2010, 1:52 PM
I agree, I don't ever trade over any of my Pokémon when I'm starting a brand new game. It just seems to ruin the fun and purpose of traveling in a new region with new Pokémon to catch and see. I'll wait until after completing the game to migrate and trade over older Pokémon of mines from previous games.

Only when I've played through it "x" amount of times till I really know the game, then will I do things differently and trade early - if trading access is available that early in the game to begin with.

June 4th, 2010, 2:55 PM
For sure I'll be transferring all of my shinies and starters.

June 4th, 2010, 2:58 PM
Probably my high leveled ones. -_-

June 4th, 2010, 3:34 PM
mah Lv. 40-ish Ampharos from SS and my Lv. 21 Leafeon from pearl

June 4th, 2010, 6:43 PM
In the end I'll end up transferring my Lucario, and then my shiny Magnezone. <3

Dark Piplup
July 15th, 2010, 5:23 AM
Embers my charizard. He's been to every region except Hoenn.

July 15th, 2010, 5:30 AM
ill transfer my legends, starters, and then all my favourite pokemon like my roserade and starmie and stuff but ill wait until i get past the elite 4

July 15th, 2010, 5:45 AM
i will trade my squirtle and my torchic and my riolu egg btw is there pal park in this?

and i will probably trade my tough pokemon when i get to the champion or when i get the national dex

July 15th, 2010, 5:51 AM
Uhm, i'm gonna finnish the game, and then transfer my shinies and rares from DPP/SS.

July 15th, 2010, 6:40 AM
I'll transfer everything I want over after I beat the game.

empty streets
July 15th, 2010, 7:07 AM
After I finish the game with some of the new pokemon to see what are they all about.. I'm going to transfer some of my favorites, like my shiny Croconaw, Houndoom, shiny Sneasel, shiny Crobat, shiny Ampharos and Espeon.

Perhaps some of the new pokemon will enter my main team if they're good enough.

July 15th, 2010, 7:18 AM
Im actually going to transfer all of them to my white version, similar to what i did on my heart gold, so far i have 150 pokemon

July 15th, 2010, 7:31 AM
Embers my charizard. He's been to every region except Hoenn.

This thread hadn't been posted in in over a month. If you wish to start this discussion again, repost it. Thanks.