PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Japanese or English Black/White?

Electrovenom
June 2nd, 2010, 03:23 PM
Couldn't find a thread about this so made a new one, excuse me if there is one, or if this isn't in the roght section.

Anyway, will you be importing the Japanese version of Black/White or waiting until it's been translated and released in English (or what other language you use). Or will you not be buying the Gen V game?

I'll probably be waiting until it's released in the UK. Build up my excitement, somewhat :)

Timbjerr
June 2nd, 2010, 03:44 PM
I'll be waiting for American release. I don;t mind spoiling myself as to the pokemon designs and all that, but I want to stay away from story details beyond the beginning of the game as long as possible. XD

Cloud197
June 2nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
I'll be importing White in Japanese, and buying Black once it is released in the U.S. :)

Tyrantrum
June 2nd, 2010, 04:35 PM
Same as Cloud197.

I want to get the Japanese Pokémon White version and then get the American Pokémon Black version once they are released in the U.S. Though, I highly doubt I'll be able to get the Japanese version, but I hope I do.

Tanaki
June 2nd, 2010, 04:58 PM
I'll just wait for it to be available in the US. I don't see the point in paying more money to get a game in a language that I don't fully understand.

Kendall
June 2nd, 2010, 05:01 PM
I'll be waiting for the English release. I just don't know how I'm going to be able to wait 9-10 months. Japan is getting it in 3-4 months. BAAAAAAAAAWWW

RyanGT
June 2nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
I myself will wait until it's released here in the US.

My brother may import one of them so I might get a chance to play it then.

Hiroshi Sotomura
June 2nd, 2010, 05:22 PM
ur us dsi wunt play dem

DSi region locking is an absolute crapper.

BleuVII
June 2nd, 2010, 05:45 PM
ur us dsi wunt play dem

DSi region locking is an absolute crapper.

Yeah, so is spelling and grammar.....

Anyway, the DSi Region Locking is an optional thing, and from what I know, only applies to the DSi Store and DSi-exclusive games. And I assure you that Pokemon Black/White will NOT be DSi-exclusive.

Hiroshi Sotomura
June 2nd, 2010, 06:16 PM
It's called deliberate internet speak.

Moving on, Black & White will be DSi-compatible. The DSi region locking will apply to DSi-compatible games, DSi-exclusive games and DSi Ware. This means that DSi-compatible titles will not work on a DSi that doesn't match the region of the game.

On the topic, I have a Japanese DSi. I also read Japanese. Guess what I'll be playing.

Lightning Sage™
June 2nd, 2010, 06:23 PM
It's called deliberate internet speak.

Moving on, Black & White will be DSi-compatible. The DSi region locking will apply to DSi-compatible games, DSi-exclusive games and DSi Ware. This means that DSi-compatible titles will not work on a DSi that doesn't match the region of the game.

On the topic, I have a Japanese DSi. I also read Japanese. Guess what I'll be playing.
1. (almost)EVERY GAME IS DSI COMPATIBLE(seeing that you can play any Ds game on a DSi and you can play B&W on a normal DS so its not DSi exlusive)
2. I have an english DSi and play many japanesse games
3. They get more sells if people can import

now back on topic
I am going to buy both in japanesse and both in english
I'm just a fanatic lol

-Jared-
June 2nd, 2010, 07:17 PM
I can't read Japanese, so English it is for me. :) I just hope I can avoid spoilers...

Satoshi_poketo monsta
June 2nd, 2010, 07:28 PM
Either Japanese or English, I'll buy both! But I'll buy the Japanese first! Then English...

edguitar
June 2nd, 2010, 08:40 PM
i might download a translated version of the game, then buy it when it comes out here. im very very impatient :D

Medaka
June 2nd, 2010, 08:51 PM
I'm going to import the games!
I've been importing, since Platinum. I import because I'll end up reading about the games on a website and spoil it for myself if I don't import.
So I'd rather play through it myself instead of reading about the games on a fansite months before the English release.

locoroco
June 2nd, 2010, 09:12 PM
were the heck do you import them from??? i wanna import black any ideas on how to do that i need a new importing site the link would be awesome and ill buy white over here in its real realease (i know is not out yet)

§acred†Beo!
June 2nd, 2010, 09:26 PM
No doubt from me, i'm definitely going with the English version. I can wait a few extra months of people talking about it etc.

Jack
June 2nd, 2010, 09:40 PM
Get the Japanese one for my R4, then im going to buy a english version once its released in the US of A.

locoroco
June 2nd, 2010, 09:45 PM
ur lucky my r4i gold (original) has the worst game compatibility in all of history

Zeta Patchouli
June 2nd, 2010, 10:27 PM
ROM White (Jap), Buy Black (Eng) then later White (Eng) so I can have both. Why? Well, because I always do that, except for the 4th gen, since I waited way too long to get it and Platinum came out.

Angelroid
June 2nd, 2010, 10:34 PM
I am gonna try and get Black in Japanese.

were the heck do you import them from??? i wanna import black any ideas on how to do that i need a new importing site the link would be awesome and ill buy white over here in its real realease (i know is not out yet)
Try this site: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-8s-49-en.html

Davav
June 2nd, 2010, 11:55 PM
Dudes I have been thinking,
Japanse or english doesn't matter it is only the names.

I am gonna play it for sure!

Have you seen legendaries!

They are awesome!

Electrovenom
June 3rd, 2010, 12:01 AM
Dudes I have been thinking,
Japanse or english doesn't matter it is only the names.

I am gonna play it for sure!

Have you seen legendaries!

They are awesome!

I can't read Japanese, though I am learning. That's why I'm getting English. I wouldn't want to buy something if I can't understand it.

But yes! The legendary pokemon are awesome, especially Zekrom :)

Ninja Caterpie
June 3rd, 2010, 12:19 AM
My Japanese is horrible, and, even though I understand yes, no, and can sort of guess the plot, it'd be ridiculous for me to try and play it. It wouldn't be fun, so I'll wait the extra few months for the English release.

Satoshi_poketo monsta
June 3rd, 2010, 01:47 AM
My Japanese is horrible, and, even though I understand yes, no, and can sort of guess the plot, it'd be ridiculous for me to try and play it. It wouldn't be fun, so I'll wait the extra few months for the English release.

I actually want to do that too! But I just can't...

Mew~
June 3rd, 2010, 02:01 AM
I'll just wait untill next year and buy the english version :\

.light
June 3rd, 2010, 02:06 AM
Get the Japanese one for my R4, then im going to buy a english version once its released in the US of A.
Illegal,... nah! I wouldent dob :) I do it too.... woops :P

vibratingcat
June 3rd, 2010, 04:36 AM
Illegal,... nah! I wouldent dob :) I do it too.... woops :P
haha yeh same here. but i buy the games i rly want like pokemon.
i'll be importing black and white from japan like what i have always been doing. english pokemon games dont feel pokemony (haha new word) enough to me.... mayb its just the boxes. XD

Hypno
June 3rd, 2010, 04:46 AM
I will download the White version to my Acekard and buy the English Version when it comes out (Black)

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 3rd, 2010, 04:47 AM
I don't speak any Japanese whatsoever, so considering that Pokémon is very much a text-based game...I'll be waiting for the English release. :]

Hiroshi Sotomura
June 3rd, 2010, 04:52 AM
1. (almost)EVERY GAME IS DSI COMPATIBLE(seeing that you can play any Ds game on a DSi and you can play B&W on a normal DS so its not DSi exlusive)
2. I have an english DSi and play many japanesse games
3. They get more sells if people can import

now back on topic
I am going to buy both in japanesse and both in english
I'm just a fanatic lol

I'll clarify my statement so that you're not in the dark - officially, there are three different DS series game types defined from Nintendo:

DS - these obviously work in the DSi.
DSi-compatible (also known as "DSi enhanced") - DS-compatible games that can take advantage of DSi features. Black & White will have DSi-specific features, as indicated by its "TWL-" product code. These too are region-locked to a console with the same region.
DSi-exclusive - titles that work exclusively on the DSi. These too are region-locked to a console with the same region.

Not once did I claim that Black & White would be DSi-exclusive. However, note that DSi-compatible titles are (typically) region-coded. They will work in a standard DS lite regardless of region, but will not work in a DSi unless the region matches. Have we come to an understanding now?

Hybrid Theory
June 3rd, 2010, 05:07 AM
I'll just wait for the English one. It would ruin it for me if I got the Japanese one first then the English one because I'd know what to do. Dx

Pokemon1222
June 3rd, 2010, 05:15 AM
I'm just gonna go and watch lets play of the Japanese one on youtube when it comes out and wait untill next year.

Azure Rathalδs
June 3rd, 2010, 08:13 AM
English. That'll be White version.

Might import Black.

PiPVoda
June 3rd, 2010, 08:38 AM
Well if I was studying Japanese then yeah...but I'm not D: I still might import them because the Japanese logos are awesome IMO..lol really that's the only reason I'd import the games..just for the cool looking Japanese logo (they always get the better one D:).

I don't speak any Japanese whatsoever, so considering that Pokémon is very much a text-based game...I'll be waiting for the English release. :]

Well it wouldn't hurt to learn? I deem playing pokemon as one of the greatest ways to study Japanese...In fact I might just buy black and white in English (both copies), Japanese white version, and maybe a Korean & French black version :laugh:. It would be the perfect way to improve my French and Korean. Besides, Korean version pokemon games have the 2nd best logos:
http://www.projectpokemon.org/mirrors/images/Pl_Korea_Ver.jpg

Ru-Kun
June 3rd, 2010, 12:50 PM
I'm learning Japanese right now but I'm not that far with my studies, so I think I'll wait until it comes out in the U.S.

BleuVII
June 3rd, 2010, 07:05 PM
From what I understood, companies have the choice of whether or not to include region-locking features in their games. I can't think of a single game other than DSi-Ware that are region-exclusive. I have a Japanese DSi, but most of my games are English. I haven't run into a problem.

Anyway, I AM studying Japanese, but Pokemon games are tougher than some when it comes to Japanese. I got so lost in Pokemon yellow when someone tried to give me directions on what to do next... and I had PLAYED it before!

locoroco
June 3rd, 2010, 07:10 PM
exactly i played the japanese soul silver (on my r4i)and when i got my english ss i got lost in it also i didnt know what to do lots of times

GoldvsRed
June 3rd, 2010, 07:26 PM
I'd rather just wait, even if I could read Japanese. It's just more fun to anticipate something.

Astinus
June 3rd, 2010, 08:37 PM
I'm waiting. I can't fully read Japanese yet, and right now can't find the time to study it enough to play through a full game like Pokemon. Besides, there could be some new feature that's explained in-game, and I'd still have no clue as to what I'm doing with it.

Also, since I'm getting both versions, I'd much rather get two games that I know I'll be able to understand fully (and thus, in a shallow manner, enjoy more) at a later date than to get one version early and not play it even though I have it.

AvianAzure
June 3rd, 2010, 08:44 PM
Get Black in Japanese and then when it comes out in america get white... and maybe black. lol

ThePinkDragon
June 3rd, 2010, 08:54 PM
English. I took Japanese for 3 years and it still makes my head spin every time I try to remember all that I learned. :D

Eeohnex
June 3rd, 2010, 08:59 PM
I'm going to wait for the English one. Don't know which version yet. I guess I wouldn't enjoy the game as much as I would if I were to get the Japanese version. I don't have a single clue about Japanese, and I can't afford buying two versions of the game.

mew²
June 4th, 2010, 01:12 AM

The place you Import it from is in your signature? o:
http://play-asia.com/

Anyways, I'll be importing both.
Then buying them when they are released in America.

frogmyster3
June 4th, 2010, 04:25 AM
I'll be getting White when it's released in the UK but I'll play through either of them in Japanese through my R4 despite the fact I can't read Japanese. I did that with SoulSilver and the funny thing is my completition time was 3x as long in English.

Esmas
June 4th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Both. I'll pre-order the Japanese game(s), and buy and/or pre-order Black and White when they come out in America. Though I can hardly understand the Japanese language, I guess it's a way to practice it, and then there's the multiple event Pokémon, legendaries, and I just love having Japanese Pokémon! :D Not to mention I don't feel "left out" that people have played the game like a year before me XD;

dieter57
June 4th, 2010, 04:43 PM
i'm american.
i can't speak japananese or read it.
i'm just gona wait till spring.

Glidamo
June 4th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I love the stories and I don't speak japanese so I wait for the english version

Eurydice
June 4th, 2010, 08:43 PM
i will probably import one from japan. it will help me with my japanese and then i will probably buy the other in english

loliwin
June 4th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Id get the English version so I dont have trouble playing the game. XD

Adley
June 5th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Definatly going to wait for english release. I can't even stand to was Japanese subs. No doubt I'd go nuts playing the imported game

Guy
June 5th, 2010, 07:13 AM
I rather wait for the English release where I can understand what I'm playing through and not ruin the fun of the game beforehand. My Japanese skills aren't so great, if you can even call it that, so I'm not going to waste my money importing and then buying the English copy altogether. I'll just wait for it to be released Spring of 2011 here in the US.

Masterge77
June 5th, 2010, 08:40 AM
English, as I only know two languages: English and Engrish,

BUT if it screws the game corner up, I'm gonna have to play a fan translation of the game (cause I'm NOT going through that Voltorb thing AGAIN) and then somehow get a hold of a DS flash cart (do they even make flash carts for the DS?).........

Actually, I highly doubt that Voltorb will even BE in the Isshu Pokedex, And it may be possible that there won't be any slots or Voltorb Flip off Jack Thompson in B/W (after Nintendo of Japan probably saw what America did with HG/SS), maybe (as I probabably said before) it will be an arcade with Pokemon-ified Arcade Classics like Space Invaders or Tetris

That's the thing with Americans, they live in fear (ZOMG, gambling will turn our children EVIL, we must change that!!!!!! ZOMG, the name "Tin Tower" will cause terrorists to invade!!!!!!!), while as one president said (I think it was Franklin Roosevelt) "There is nothing to fear, but fear itself (and spiders)!" Fear is an illusion created by the devil to trick us, as a result, HG/SS was heavily censored, all because paranoia has striken our adult guardians, personally, I think the censoring of the game corner and renaming of the Tin Tower is just plain ludicrous, but of course, it all started with the twice as paranoid Europeans haveng a fit over the slots in Platinum (a lot of my friends living in the UK had to import Platinum from the US, the last the states will ever see and play the slots in a video game that is not M rated, as we all know of the lovable bastard named Jack Thompson)

Leonardo10
June 5th, 2010, 08:46 AM
I'm just waiting fore the European version, can't be bothered learning a new language just for a game.

MrsNorrington
June 5th, 2010, 04:43 PM
I don't understand Japanese at ALL. I wish I could import the game. Sigh, I'm just gonna have to wait. But I don't want the game and all the new Pokemon to be spoiled from me by waiting. =( I remember as each new generation game out, I always loved the thrill of playing it and seeing a new Pokemon for the first time when it appears in the wild.

Neurotripsy
June 5th, 2010, 04:55 PM
I'm just gonna wait for the English release, probably cheaper & my Japanese isn't good enough to make it through the entire game.

Alakazam17
June 17th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I'll most likely be importing Black from Japan and buying White when it comes out in Canada. Though I haven't checked the cost for such a feat, so if it's too outrageous than I'll wait until next year.

....Naw, I can't wait. And I wouldn't have to worry about spoilers for once, as I'd just have to worry about not spoiling others. xD

Rei Shingetsu
June 17th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Patience might kill but it's a virtue :P
I'll just wait for the English version :)

MistahDude
June 17th, 2010, 02:20 PM
I am going to wait a week after the release of the Japanese rom for the translation patches. I am going to play Black because I plan to buy English White.

vietazn654
June 17th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Waiting for US release. I mean, I can't understand Japanese writing. BUT, I'll play the JP version on an emulator, to feel how the game is.

Zorua
June 17th, 2010, 06:00 PM
I'll actually get the English version of B/W since I have enough patience to wait until then. I like to be able to understand what I'm doing in a game, or it just doesn't have much appeal to me. :(

A Pixy
June 17th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Importing for me is absolutely out of the question.

Åzurε
June 17th, 2010, 06:15 PM
English all the way, for me. My cousin got Japanese Platinum when it was released and he got all frustrated that he didn't know what on earth was happening.

Katie_Q
June 17th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I'll just wait until it's released in australia. I don't understand japanese, and I want to buy platinum and play through that first

560cool.
June 18th, 2010, 10:32 AM
My dad actually CAN import it any time.
But I don't want it in Jap.
I'd get too attached to my Japanese game and forget the fun from my EU version. I'd import it from the US if the gap is larger than 3 weeks in the releases, but otherwise, I'll just get the regular PAL version of the game ! :)

Haowakeorden
June 18th, 2010, 05:56 PM
I don't understand Japanese, so I won't be importing. I can usually stand the wait for translation.

Ru-Kun
June 19th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Actually I change my mind, I am learning Japanese so I think I'll go ahead and order one of the games in Japanese and wait for the other one in English. Maybe trying to figure out what is happening will help with my studies. Lol. So Japanese version for me!

Sora's Nobody
June 19th, 2010, 09:21 AM
I'm probably gonna import the japanese game, and get the english one when it comes out!

Esmas
June 19th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna be pre-ordering both of the games, in Japanese and English. I know that's a lot, but I'm a very impatient person XD;

And if someone could answer my question, that'd be great...
Does anyone know if it's possible to pre-order the Japanese versions without using a Credit Card (since I'm too young to have one and my parents are scared something bad will happen if they use theirs -_____-)?

I pre-ordered the English Pokémon SoulSilver Version from Future Shop by buying a Future Shop card, but that was in English and I'm not so sure that Future Shop will have anything to do with Japanese games. I know that GameStop is allowing Japanese pre-orders, but since I'm in Canada, it only lets me use a credit card, and Canada has EBGames, not GameStop (which, apparently, are the same thing).

So I'd like to know, would I be able to buy an EBGames/GaneStop card (which I'm not even sure exist XD;), put about $50 on it, and pre-order the Japanese games in the future, when they're available? My main priority is to get it without using a Credit Card... Thanks.

Storm_has_formed
June 19th, 2010, 02:59 PM
well i want to understand what's going on in the story, so i'll wait until the NA release

dithyrambos
June 19th, 2010, 06:04 PM
If I had the money I'd purchase the Japanese edition, both because I'm impatient and also because I believe it'd help to improve my Japanese, but I'm sort of poor right now so that's out of the question. I'll be waiting for the English release.

alextreme
June 19th, 2010, 11:45 PM
I'm going to get the European English version (because I live in Europe)
I absolutely don't see any point in getting a game which I can't understand.

That's the thing with Americans, they live in fear (ZOMG, gambling will turn our children EVIL, we must change that!!!!!! ZOMG, the name "Tin Tower" will cause terrorists to invade!!!!!!!), while as one president said (I think it was Franklin Roosevelt)
you should have seen the European version of d/p/pl,They BANNED the slot game that meant i brought coins for nothing because the game designers were too lazy to leave the buying stuff out and I couldn't even cash in my coins that i brought with my money.

rocky505
June 19th, 2010, 11:56 PM
I will import Black from japan and I'll get White in the USA.

Penutz
June 20th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Im going to wait for the release. Depending on how much info is released by the time of the japanese version is release. Im going to hide in a box to protect myself from spoilers. I ruined D/P/PT - and i dont wana ruin this one :D

EmzStar
June 20th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Well, I would import from Japan but:
1) It's expensive (According to my Parents)
2) My Parents would have to order it for me and they'd be like "Can't you wait untill your birthday?!"
3) I can't speak/read or write Japanese.
But I could import from America if the release in Europe is like a month after USA (It's what I did to get Pearl.)
But, I'm gonna wait to get both (They'll be released after Christmas right? Well I'll have to save my Christmas money!)

silkworm
June 20th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I'm considering ordering one in japanese and the other in english. I'm attempting to learn japanese right now but I'm sure I won't be even close to being fluent in it by september :P

Patchisou Yutohru
June 28th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I'll be importing the Black version, if everything goes the way I hope it does. Unless they do something to the game that I really wouldn't want to happen, I'd be importing. If they do, I'll likely wait until the English release date and buy the game then. Even though I can't understand, much less have no knowledge of any Japanese, apart from two or three words. I do want to experience a Pokémon game in traditional Japanese, though. And I think Pokémon Black will be that game.

Penumbra
June 28th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I can't read japanese. To me, there's no point. I waited for english for HG/SS, merely for the suspense, but now it's for a logical reason. It's a whole new generation with (apparent) drastic changes to the story. Everything's brand new so I won't be able to recall on anything, and I really want to grasp the story as opposed to blindedly speeding through the game.

If the changes are drastic, nothing will be straightforward as it was before (go to town, fight gym, travel threw routes, repeat) so I can't see why I'd play the game in a language I can't understand.

exteradude
June 28th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I'm importing Black from Japan, then playing White once it comes out in America.

thedestinedblade
June 28th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I imported Diamond before it was released stateside, but I doubt I'll be doing it for this release. Stories were never a big part of the game so knowing Japanese isn't a problem for me, but money is, lol. I'll be waiting till next year.

Faline
June 29th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Simple as it is. I'm going to play a Black japanese cartridge first then just buy both in english translation whenever it's released. :]

Cherrim
June 29th, 2010, 06:47 AM
I'm leaning toward importing this game. :x I've been looking at screenshots and discussing them with the intention of importing so while I haven't decided yet, it's pretty likely.

The only things holding me back are monetary issues (it's expensive to import D:) and the fact that I hate playing Japanese games with no kanji. It's so hard to read anything in it. >_<

redsaber5859
June 29th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Hell yes I'm getting the jap version

Doxasikyrie
June 29th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I have been importing since Ruby and I see no reason to stop now. :P However, I will say this: it took an extremely long time for Heart Gold to come from Japan last September. I may just pay the extra shipping money to get it here sooner. I'm really considering buying both games since I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far.

Red1530
June 29th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I am going to wait till the games are released in the United States before I buy one of the games.

ReyRey-Pyon
June 29th, 2010, 11:37 AM
I can't read Japanese. so i guess im not gonna spend any extra money on an import o3o

Rei Shingetsu
June 29th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Both of mine'll be the English ones.
I can't stand playing a game I can't even understand, patience is a virtue.
I was so happy when I got my Soulsilver when it was officially released.
(Now Nintendo just like to kill us every year by making us wait, huh? :P)

Naruto Uzumaki
June 29th, 2010, 03:11 PM
English, I don't buy anything from the internet. :3

XxRogueTrainerxX
June 29th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Although I'm tempted to buy the Japanese version just to be able to play the game, I'm going to wait until the English version hits the shelves. I'd rather have a good sense of the plot.

Doxasikyrie
July 5th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Play-Asia.com now has them for pre-ordering. I just pre-ordered both games and the 1-4 day FedEx shipping. It's great that they won't charge my card until its shipped. Less than 3 months until Isshu!

Calder
July 5th, 2010, 05:47 PM
If they disable something in the game like they did for the Game Corner on HGSS then I'll try to find a Japanese version...

silkworm
July 5th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Play-Asia.com now has them for pre-ordering. I just pre-ordered both games and the 1-4 day FedEx shipping. It's great that they won't charge my card until its shipped. Less than 3 months until Isshu!

:) I just pre-ordered mine with the fed-ex shipping as well! I'm excited, and my japanese is coming along nicely so I might be ready to semi-understand it by the time it arrives :nervous:

Doxasikyrie
July 5th, 2010, 08:02 PM
:) I just pre-ordered mine with the fed-ex shipping as well! I'm excited, and my japanese is coming along nicely so I might be ready to semi-understand it by the time it arrives :nervous:

I'm working on my Japanese, too. I opted for the FedEx because when I imported Heart Gold it took two weeks. Hopefully this will take less time.

EDIT: It turns out the game comes out on a Sunday in Japan. Chances are that we will get it by the 23rd or 24th at the latest. :D

Droidz
July 5th, 2010, 08:12 PM
I'm not that excited for this gen so I'm just going to wait for the English version.

yaminokaitou
July 5th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I'll probably wait until it comes to the US. I really don't like the English version of pokemon

"BLASTOISE used WATER GUN" (I can't stand the capitalization. Feels like they're yelling at me)

but I got HG in Japanese, so it would be nice to have a break.

iLike2EatPiez
July 5th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I'm waiting for the English release. I would like to eventually play a Pokemon game in Japanese, but... I know I'll have a lot more fun with a copy of the game I can actually understand. And really I'm more interested in seeing the new Pokemon designs than anything else. After I've seen them online and gotten a bit used to them, the wait won't be as bad for me.

The Fourteenth Doctor
July 6th, 2010, 01:10 PM
For me it depends on how close the English release is to the US release, If it's a few months like Platinum then I would definetly be getting the US Version, or if It's only a week or two like HG/SS then I'll be waiting for the English release

G-Virus
July 6th, 2010, 01:14 PM
I'm just gonna wait for it to be released in the United States. Why? Because one, I'm not fluent at all in Japanese, and two, because it'll be considered a late b-day present for me and it'll be easier for me to get permission from my parents and buy it for me.

MrGriszell
July 30th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Hi , my question to you is 1 do you know how to read japanese 2 how hard is it to play the game if you dont and 3 is there any site online to help translate when i do play

Gregora
July 30th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Me, I'll put it on my R4 and muck about in it until there's a walkthrough and then I'll be following it very closely. Assuming that it's not the standard pokemon game that I can just go route-town-gym-route in. Sides, there'll still be tons of surprises for me when I get the opposite version to the one I used on my r4. Sides, I don't want to miss out on any events just because I'm an American (we still haven't gotten Celebi or Mew yet and Mew happened last year...)

AceDragonite
July 30th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I'm getting black and Japanese although I can't speak it (serebii will be my walkthrough slave, Pokemon isn't hard to understand), I just can't wait any longer, since I think this will be my favorite Pokemon game ever, and White in English.

Kanto_Johto
July 30th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I'm getting black and Japanese although I can't speak it (serebii will be my walkthrough slave, Pokemon isn't hard to understand), I just can't wait any longer, since I think this will be my favorite Pokemon game ever, and White in English.And you know that how? We hardly know anything about the storylines and different features of this game. How you can jump to that conclusion so quickly is beyond me.

On topic, I'll be waiting for the Pal version/English release, because I'm not impatient. Plus Virtual Console Super Mario Kart will probably keep me going until Christmas 2013 as it is! That game is brootally hard (Year exaggerated for effect).

polkop
July 30th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I will wait that it have it in store.
Like this, I will understand storyline and it won't have glitch in the game.
I will take the english version of Black because where I live, I have the choice between french and english and pokemon in french really suck.

Shuckle>You
July 30th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I shall not buy either, as GF have failed me. The pokemon look rediculous... So unrealistic and too cartoony. Why can't they atleast resemble an animal now? The pokemon aren't creative at all they are just drawings of what look like should be action figures of some sort >.>

However I shall emulate black.

Agent Clank
July 30th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I am waiting for the American release.
that will just give me more time to be excited! :D

Unknown Trainer
July 31st, 2010, 01:57 AM
Meh I don't ever import but I do kinda spoil myself with like 2 few gym videos and rival videos.

I can wait and probably pre-order it as well.

Hoenn
August 2nd, 2010, 03:13 AM
A Basic question, have any of you yet pre-ordered Pokemon Black Or Pokemon White yet?
I pre-ordered Pokemon White yesterday from Play Asia so hopefully it should arrive near the day of the release (18th September) so.. have you guys?

rocky505
August 2nd, 2010, 03:25 AM
not yet.I have to save a bit more money before I do. I am saving my leftover money from school to at least get to half the price and my mom said she would pay the other half.

Hiroshi Sotomura
August 2nd, 2010, 03:35 AM
There is already a thread that sorta answers the question - it doesn't cover preorders, but it is for contemplating whether to get it in Japanese or English. Hence, I'm going to merge this thread. And if you want to discuss US preorders, do that in this thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222824).

Also, good luck playing it if you have a DSi.

ares10
August 3rd, 2010, 05:52 AM
i'll probably wait for the combination of both.. i'll call it pokemon gray

JAK3
August 3rd, 2010, 06:29 AM
I will wait until Spring '011 to get my brand new copy of Pokemon White. I will not watch any gameplay vids on the interwebz either, atleast, I hope I won't.. :D

~Electrivire~
August 3rd, 2010, 06:37 AM
Well, since I still have the HeartGold and SoulSilver to finish (and since Black and White don't really bug me) I will be playing those, and by the time I am finished, Black and White should be out, and The US version is released a few days before my birthday. Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, SoulSilver, Black, and White seem to have came/are coming out all around my Birthday, I am a gifted pokefan

Åzurε
August 3rd, 2010, 08:31 AM
English all the way for me. I want to know what I'm playing!

Kirbychu
August 3rd, 2010, 08:44 AM
I shall not buy either, as GF have failed me. The pokemon look rediculous... So unrealistic and too cartoony. Why can't they atleast resemble an animal now? The pokemon aren't creative at all they are just drawings of what look like should be action figures of some sort >.>

As much as I agree with you, to be fair, they don't really have to be based on animals to begin with. Emulation never even occurred to me, I'll probably play a little of that, as a demo. I decided against playing a game I wouldn't understand. :/

Malachia
August 4th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Any of you guys getting it? I'm thinking about it, but not really sure. If I do it would be the first one. I'm sorta worried about not being able to read the lines lol!

Gardenia101
August 4th, 2010, 07:22 PM
YES!!!!!!
I just have to!
I can't wait!
http://www.gifninja.com/Workspace/ad9375b0-23a8-42ca-90e3-d7420ea956e0/output.gif
To cath the Pokemon, anyway

Sora's Nobody
August 4th, 2010, 07:26 PM
YEs i am but that also means i ahev to buy a 239 dollar japanese dsi :/ or i could opt for a 80 dollar ds lite hmmm

Unknown Trainer
August 4th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Nah not me. I'd rather wait until the US version comes out.
Besides the gameplay and everything I'd like to know what the people are saying and what's going on =)

AceDragonite
August 4th, 2010, 07:32 PM
I am, I cannot wait any longer, and I don't care if I can't understand the kanji/katakana/whatever, its freaking Pokemon, battling and serebii.net will get you pretty far throught the game

Gardenia101
August 4th, 2010, 07:36 PM
That's what I do with all the Japanese games:
Go to Serebii.net, which helps me actually understand what's up.

Binary
August 4th, 2010, 08:03 PM
I can wait, so no. I would like getting the English Version before anything, other wise, it spoils it a little.

Charizardomination
August 4th, 2010, 08:22 PM
That stupid why would you buy a game you cant even understand.

AceDragonite
August 4th, 2010, 08:26 PM
pokemon is a universal language, and serebii is there to help and its going to be the greatest pokemon game ever is why.

Charizardomination
August 4th, 2010, 08:54 PM
pokemon is a universal language, and serebii is there to help and its going to be the greatest pokemon game ever is why.
Ill wait. I prefer not playing through a game with only half the appeal and spoiling everything for myself. Everyone said diamond and pearl were going to be the best pokemon games ever but look what happend.

Yoshimi
August 4th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Nope, I can wait. I've never imported a game with a foreign language and I never will. My region locked American DSi is a much better experience to play on than my DSlite anyways.

That stupid why would you buy a game you cant even understand.
It's the same game. Tell me a main series pokemon game where you didn't beat gym leaders, destroy the Elite 4 and topple an evil organization in your spare time.

Anyways, you can use Babelfish and Google Translator for your Engrish.
Everyone said diamond and pearl were going to be the best pokemon games ever but look what happend.

Who in the world said that? I already told you before that spewing lies doesn't make it a truth.

MrGnawty
August 4th, 2010, 10:25 PM
I have honestly thought about it a long time and I decided against it. It would ruin it knowing what happens without fully understanding it.

Charizardomination
August 5th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Who in the world said that? I already told you before that spewing lies doesn't make it a truth.
Did you even go on serebii forums (Or any pokemon forum for that matter) ONCE towards the end of hoenn? Clearly not, because if you did you would know what Im talking about and wouldn't have to attempt to prove me wrong whenever I make a darn post. DP had so much hype but ended up not being well received by a lot of people.

Heart's Soul
August 5th, 2010, 08:36 AM
I'll wait until I get a 3DS. My DS is broken, so I can't [???=pirate]import.[/???]

Surmonter
August 5th, 2010, 08:37 AM
I'll be waiting for the English version, purely because there is a lot of options in the game that would be a lot easier to operate if you knew Japanese..and I don't..so..

Heart's Soul
August 5th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Did you even go on serebii forums (Or any pokemon forum for that matter) ONCE towards the end of hoenn? Clearly not, because if you did you would know what Im talking about and wouldn't have to attempt to prove me wrong whenever I make a darn post. DP had so much hype but ended up not being well received by a lot of people.

They have forums? And I thought this was the only one! (Well, it's still the only good one)

Anyway, spawning lies or passing down what n00bs said won't work here. It's not the truth.

EDIT: The only way to be on topic is if my DS magically fixed the top screen (not like I need it) I'd get the game and the unofficial translation (HGSS). I beat Platinum JPN-only, but... I want to know what I'm reading. At least in battle.

Kaori
August 5th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Like I do with all upcoming pokémon games, to make the game be understandable and surprising, I'm going to be waiting for the English version to be released next year. I'm not sure for some but I believe this makes the game more interesting, and a lot of the people who import the Japanese version are still yet more excited to get the English one.

I couldn't be troubled to waste money on both when I know I'll be enjoying the English pokémon black more, and the Japanese game will just sit in its case collecting dust. D;
It's definitely different for others (Especially if they can speak/read Japanese) no argument there, but for me I'd rather wait and see the exciting stories of others until it's released in the US.

ElectricScyther
August 8th, 2010, 12:02 PM
A lot of people, including me, are waiting for the English version. But is anyone going to buy the Japanese version?

Gregora
August 8th, 2010, 12:19 PM
I'm definitely buying the English release. I'd rather play a game I can understand. :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
August 8th, 2010, 12:20 PM
I'm buying the English version, I'm probably going to pre-order them though :)

Drew
August 8th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I'll suckishly have to wait to play the English version when it releases, like I always do. xD;

I'd love to buy the Japanese version, but it just won't happen.

Forever
August 8th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Just merged the two threads since they're on the same topic.

Also, English, I ain't paying for shipping.

angelsavoir
August 11th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Ill be waiting for it to come out in English.. I dont think I would enjoy it in Japanese. I probably wouldnt play it.

RivalGator
August 11th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I am definitely waiting for English. I have no idea why people like these things in Japanese anyway unless they can actually read it. For people like me who can not read Japanese, I wouldn't enjoy the spoilers and stuff. Like, going through a game without reading a single word of it. That would suck, honestly. For me, at least.

Dark Rukario
August 11th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Like most people in this thread, I shall be waiting for the English version.
I've got no problem reading up on the new pokemon and features etc. online once its released in Japan, but I'm going to try and keep the main storyline a surprise ^^

Naruto Uzumaki
August 11th, 2010, 03:51 PM
English, my parents won't let me get the Japanese ones D:

qaz015393
August 11th, 2010, 06:49 PM
il get bot roms when/if they come out. im not allowed 2 buy anymore games so when the 3ds gets a flashcard thats when im getting a 3ds & the card so i can have both.
if there is an emulator 4 3ds be4 the US comes out then il be playing both in jap

Azumi
August 11th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I think I'll buy the Japanese White first and get English Black. My Japanese is quite good and I think I would be able to go through.

Also, popular games like these really get to be sold in our local shops.

Come on, September 18! >o<

Kinarii
August 11th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Well I'm not one of those people with more money than patience nor do I know any Japanese, so as usual it's one game in English when they're out in America for me.

AntiRellik91
August 11th, 2010, 10:42 PM
I'll wait until the English release, I don't really want to spoil anything haha
I remember playing the Jap Gold version... that was epic, but now I don't wanna spoil B&W haha

清浊
August 12th, 2010, 03:39 AM
i am learning Japanese as quickly as I can in hope that would be able to understand storyline in japanese view. (English seems somewhat weird when it comes to japan original words) if still can't read well until then, waiting for 2011 Spring...

Pikachu-dance!
August 12th, 2010, 05:07 AM
im gonna get black in japanese and white in english. Im so unbelievable happy there is going to be pokemon music shows :) i always wanted to have pokemon music shows and we are actually going to have them:D

allBlue
August 12th, 2010, 05:25 AM
English for me, I want to enjoy every bit of this game, including dialogues and storyline :)

.Wolfie-kun.
August 12th, 2010, 05:55 AM
I'm going to suffer and wait it out for the English version - good things come to those who wait right?

Also, gives me more time to decide on what starter I'll be picking x3

King Gumball
August 12th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Im getting the English version.

azuta
August 12th, 2010, 11:28 PM
English I wanna absorb in as much of the game as possible without having to stop and translate every verse of it. Much more enjoyable when its fluid and you have nothing to slow you down ^^

Andrew1989
August 13th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Because I don't understand Japanese, not to mention I'm against importing (though I've got some imported games), chances are I'll probably buy Black / White when it's localized over in the UK.

littledoug1
August 13th, 2010, 09:46 AM
I'm getting pokemon BLack andWhite in English only because it would be to hard and expensive to get the japanese versions. I can wait.

Dreadnought
August 14th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Luckily I have a cousin in the Air Force stationed in Japan right now, so more than likely he will be able to pick up both copies in Japan and just ship em to me. I love having a family member stationed in Japan.

MistahDude
August 14th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Luckily I have a cousin in the Air Force stationed in Japan right now, so more than likely he will be able to pick up both copies in Japan and just ship em to me. I love having a family member stationed in Japan.

Just remember that the DSi and DSiXL are region locked.

Kylie-chan
August 14th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Yeah, that's my problem with the DSis -- region-locking sucks. It's basically a step backwards. <_< It's especially dumb because the DS and DS Lite aren't, but... I digress.

I've already pre-ordered my Japanese copy of White. =) I can read Japanese well enough to play with relative ease, so I'm pretty psyched. I'll probably buy Black in English so I can own both versions and so I can play through in my native language, which is more fun.

Dreadnought
August 14th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Just remember that the DSi and DSiXL are region locked.
DSi never really got my attention, I already have an Original and DS lite so I see no need for me to get another DS especially if Region Locking comes into play. So thankfully I won't have to worry about that when I get B & W. I might get the English releases as well since there are some Wifi events that I really wanted but missed out on because they were only limited to Japanese copies of Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HG, & SS.

Malachia
August 14th, 2010, 10:37 AM
I don't get what you can spoil? *Spoilers* You beat the elite four, your rival, a criminal organization and become the pokemon champion.

missingnoresearcher
August 16th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Oh isn't that simple?
1. Somehow (*cough*) obtain a download version of PKMN Black.
2. Play it, and wait for a fanmade english patch.
(Yaymii's patch for Japanese HG/SS was pretty good)
3. .....
4. PROFIT!
5. Then buy legal English Black Version to avoid probelms with copyright.
*insert trollface*

Cherrim
August 19th, 2010, 06:39 AM
I've already pre-ordered my Japanese copy of White. =) I can read Japanese well enough to play with relative ease, so I'm pretty psyched. I'll probably buy Black in English so I can own both versions and so I can play through in my native language, which is more fun.
Just flip Black and White each time and you've got my answer. xD

I know I already posted in this thread but that was back in June and I hadn't decided yet. But I placed my preorder for the Japanese Black version a few days ago because I realized I had the extra money aaaand that kanji feature definitely sealed the deal. :)

The Red Chain
August 19th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I'll be pre-ordering a Japanese White version here within the next couple weeks.
I've always wanted a Japanese version of a Pokemon game for the Japanese characters in Pokemon names when you transfer them. :D I'm not very fluent in Japanese yet, but I know it well enough to get through the game okay.

I hate region-locking.. I hope there isn't too much that will be missed out for not having a Japanese DSi. :/

bwburke94
August 19th, 2010, 05:36 PM
English Black AND English White, but Black first.

Gardenia101
August 19th, 2010, 07:11 PM
I'm buying both in the US and also buying both becaus emy dad's stopping in Japan for a business trip a few days after it comes out.

SonicThrust
August 20th, 2010, 07:05 AM
I'll be buying the English versions. I just don't understand enough Japanese to justify importing.

Alamos
August 20th, 2010, 01:40 PM
English.

Japanese: Cant understand,pointless, Storyline is not understandable, Ruins the game, Even with a translation it wouldn't be accurate and would just be stupid in my opinion.

Droidz
August 20th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I'll just be waiting for the English version. I've never gotten a Japanese Pokemon game.

allBlue
August 21st, 2010, 03:10 PM
So far B/W preorders are dominating japanese chart, I can easily predict 2million launch week in Japan alone.

Enigma
August 21st, 2010, 07:22 PM
English, so I can understand the game and know what I'm doing. xD

Katja
August 26th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Eh I'm getting this game in Jap. I usually like the Jap names better. :3

mrunner4home
August 27th, 2010, 04:13 AM
I'll wait till the english versions are released. I'm in the middle of hg right now and plan to take a LOT longer, then I want to play explorers of time. so I can wait :)

what I don't understand is how people can afford to get both regions', and/or both versions... they're really too similar for it to be worth much to get both versions, and if you're getting the game from one region why get it from another? well I guess that's what they call a die-hard pokemon fan, eh?

FlameDancer
August 27th, 2010, 04:34 AM
I think I'll be getting White in Japanese then Black in English. Wouldn't that be good? :D

Zhinc
August 28th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Unfortunately for me, I'm waiting for the English versions. I can't read even one character in Japanese, so I feel like I'd be missing too much. I just wish they'd hurry up with the translation; you'd think they'd have this sort of thing down by now, wouldn't you? =/

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
August 28th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I'm getting the English versions, though I kind of wish I was getting the Japanese one's...

Shnappy
August 28th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Well, when the Japanese HG/SS came out, I saw there was bunch of events that could only be obtained if you have a Japanese HG/SS. This is the main reason I'm importing. But I'm also getting the English version once it comes out, so yeah. Both.

Satoshi Ookami
August 29th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Well probably English one... but I do hope that someones is going to make a playthrough so we can play the Japanese version as well =D

Darksun
August 29th, 2010, 01:43 AM
I'm getting Japanese White and English Black.

Just a few more weeks now..

mondays suck
August 29th, 2010, 02:12 AM
English. Because a game in moonspeak wouldn't be fun, I'd have no idea where to go and what to do.

Chub 777
August 29th, 2010, 02:22 AM
I'm getting the English one. I can't read Japaneese and I would probrably need a walkthrough.

Harumi Fujyoshi
August 29th, 2010, 03:31 AM
No doubt English. I'll have to try hard not to spoil myself but it's better than playing something without knowing what the hell I'm doing etc. I mean, my Japanese is limited to being able to speak it. And I'm pretty damn bad at that already.

Meli B.
August 29th, 2010, 05:13 AM
I hope to be able to buy the Japanese Pokemon Black and get the US Pokemon White. So far it seems I may not be able to get the Japanese Pokemon Black. I'm very patient, though. I can wait for the US release and get them both in English.

solaris knight
August 29th, 2010, 05:18 AM
I'll be waiting for the english version. I actually like to be able to understand whats happening in the game I'm playing without the need of a guide, funnily enough.

Weavile05
August 29th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Japanese ROM if someone can get an English Patch on it. And the ROMs will probably have that anti-piracy software again, so... yeah.
Then I'll buy the English game.

Mythology
August 29th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I only know Hiragana, so I unfortunatly will be once again waiting for the English version.

Calder
August 29th, 2010, 10:33 AM
65 dollars for a Pokemon game I can't read or 30-40 dollars for a Pokemon game I can read... Hmm...

FalseDestiny
August 29th, 2010, 11:04 AM
I am disappointed that this poll lacks European languages.

I'm getting both, though. So yeah.

xPsychosocial
August 29th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I'm just going to wait for it to be released in English in Europe. I'd rather not pay for something I can't read. xD I can wait a bit longer for it as well.

Clefairies
August 29th, 2010, 12:24 PM
I will be waiting for the games to be coming out in English.

As for which version I buy, still unsure, am currently swaying more to buying Pokemon Black atm, but could all change. (:

Katja
August 29th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Japanese, for one important reason!

I'm learning Japanese and I got SS in japanese too. i've played enough pokemon games to basically know what to do, and everytime I don't know a word, I look it up (jisho.org), and put it in my POKEMON NOTEBOOK. :3

Only problem, They use a lot of slang!! It's very annoying, but since it's all in hiragana and katakana, it's a piece of cake.

Also, Japanese looks a lot prettier than english and I like the pkm names better. It's like a learning tool and pkmn in one!

I only know Hiragana, so I unfortunatly will be once again waiting for the English version.

Ok well, the game come out in like a few weeks or so? That's plenty of time to learn katakana! You can learn it easily in a week. You can do itt

Darksun
August 29th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Ok well, the game come out in like a few weeks or so? That's plenty of time to learn katakana! You can learn it easily in a week. You can do itt Whaat? Are you serious? Is that possible? OMGOMGOMG. Maybe I'll do that then, that way I can at least understand some of the game when playing the Jpn version. ;)

Yingxue
August 30th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't get a game like this if you don't read ANY Japanese, or if you have a bare-minimum understanding.

That being said, I'm importing White. I imported both HG and SS and haven't had any problems, other than occasionally messing up a word because they don't use Kanji. When I heard you could switch to Kanji in B/W, I flipped out and ordered White.

Woo!

coolnick37
August 30th, 2010, 12:51 PM
I understand hiragana and i think i could learn the rest of katakana(only 10chars left :P) till it comes out. But i think my japanese is still not good enough that i could understand everything whats going on, so ill go with english this time, i just hope i learn nihongo till next gen comes out >.<

Johto_legend
September 21st, 2010, 08:31 PM
I'll be waiting for the english version. but by the time the next gen comes, i should know enough japanese to play the games. then ill import it and buy the english one.

Forever
September 21st, 2010, 08:37 PM
Merged with the Japanese or English thread, since it pretty much covers your questions.

Eurydice
September 21st, 2010, 09:33 PM
i was far to excited for the games. i ended up importing both and i will prob buy both in english when they come out XD
as well as the third game in both languages....because if i only got it in english then i would feel my japanese gen v game collection will be incomplete ^_^

PlatinumDude
September 21st, 2010, 09:47 PM
I'd rather wait until the English version of B/W comes out. I can't understand Japanese, so the English version is worth the wait in the end.

Bay Alexison
September 21st, 2010, 10:08 PM
I'd rather wait until the English version of B/W comes out. I can't understand Japanese, so the English version is worth the wait in the end.
Same here. I have a lot of friends that are playing the games already (whether ROM or imported), and the temptation is killing me. I can just try to translate what is going on myself, but it'll take a while to finish the game if I do that. I'll just wait so that I can get through the game faster. In the meantime, I'll keep myself busy. XD

Forever
September 21st, 2010, 10:13 PM
Agreed with above. Almost everyone I know is playing it and it's really hard waiting for the English version, but from what I hear, it'll be waaay good when I finally get to play it. 4 days down... 6 months to go. XD

ShyRayq
September 21st, 2010, 11:08 PM
Well, do pokemon black and white work on the DS lite?
if they do, im getting english, but if they dont, ill still get english
just rom version

Maxite
September 22nd, 2010, 03:48 AM
I know very little Japanese, but I still ordered a JP Pokemon Black more as a test to myself in playing a game in a language I can't really read (plus, I can raise a battling team early on, and trade them over when I get my English versions).

As far as story and such goes, I'll wait for the English version to care.

インフェルノの津波
September 22nd, 2010, 04:50 AM
Well, playing a very good patched ROM on Black, so I'll definitely be getting the English versions, so I can understand what everyone's talking about!

Devil Flamingo
September 22nd, 2010, 05:53 AM
I pre-ordered/am getting JP Pokemon Black and will pre-order/will get EN Pokemon White next year (probably in March). I've always gotten both versions in English, but this time around I couldn't resist the temptation, plus back when RS/FRLG/HGSS were released in Japanese I didn't have a credit card, so this is the first time I have both been able to get the JP game. ;P

Shadow01192
September 22nd, 2010, 06:35 AM
I am actually tempted to buy it in Japanese to help me learn to read Japanese lol. That being stated I am likely getting the American Black version. Reshiram ftw

Martins
September 22nd, 2010, 06:56 AM
I actually got the Japanese Pokémon Black 3 days ago. I will pre-order it and Pokémon White in English when it's translated.

ManhattanTheStarr
September 22nd, 2010, 06:59 AM
I'm just waiting for Pokemon B/W to be released in English. Hopefully, I'll actually have a new DS by then... If not, then I guess I'll be waiting longer than that. xD

Livewire
September 22nd, 2010, 07:05 AM
I may cave and order a Japanese version of B&W, because 6 months is a long time to wait. D: I don't think translation/Language barrier will be too bad to cope with, Ill just lurk in the B&W translations+Help sticky. :D

But I will definitely buy both English versions when they are available. I'm most likely going to reserve them at Gamestop.

JP
September 22nd, 2010, 07:09 AM
I may cave and order a Japanese version of B&W, because 6 months is a long time to wait. D: I don't think translation/Language barrier will be too bad to cope with, Ill just lurk in the B&W translations+Help sticky. :D

But I will definitely buy both English versions when they are available. I'm most likely going to reserve them at Gamestop.

That's my plan. My copy of Black should be getting here today, and if I need any help... I got YOUTUBE <3 and then the translation topic here too. =D Plus, I already pre-ordered White at my Gamestop. So excited!

Xine
September 22nd, 2010, 07:09 AM
English.

i hope the loooong wait's worth it... :D

also, im sooo totally want to get black....but it version exclusive sucked. :C
i think i'll choose white....or maybe both.

edit : according to some information, Wargle and kamen rider is in black.

YAAAAAY

Andrew1989
September 22nd, 2010, 08:04 AM
I had already imported the japanese version of Black. But despite not understanding the language, I decided just to break it and shall wait for it to launch in the UK.

Zebeedoo
September 22nd, 2010, 11:01 AM
I'm going to get it once it is released in the UK... honestly, what IS the point in getting the Japanese version only to spoil yourself? And you can't even understand it either. .__.'

Sydian
September 22nd, 2010, 12:10 PM
Will have a Japanese White and an English Black. The language problem isn't too bad for now since I'm impatient and just wanna play really badly, lol. And besides, there's a help thread here and Hiidoran has been translating some of the stuff...he wouldn't mind helping his bby. <3 :D

Everyone getting White needs to make sure to pick up a Seed bby! :)

Kid nino
September 22nd, 2010, 12:24 PM
I'm sticking to English, I've seen some basic stuff like some locations and the Pokedex, but aside from that I'm going to want to wait until I can actually understand it before I go ahead and spoil stuff like that. :P

Masterge77
September 22nd, 2010, 01:48 PM
I'm suprised that nobody has started a fan translation yet.....

I'm going to wait for the English release, since it is too difficult for me to learn a second language (mainly because my final grade in Spanish last school year was a D).....

Tudsworth
September 22nd, 2010, 11:50 PM
I've imported pokémon white (and it should arrive here soonish), and will pick up an English version of Black when that's out.

Until then... I'm just avoiding anything too spoileriffic.

Crig
September 23rd, 2010, 02:40 AM
Both. Japanese now and i'll redo it with English version :)

MrsNorrington
September 23rd, 2010, 05:51 AM
I don't understand a word of Japanese (though I intend on learning it), I preordered Black-I love Reshiram. It should arrive anytime now.

But I kinda regret it and wish I bought White instead. I love all the version exclusives of White,and I don't like any of the Black exclusives other than Reshiram. ='(

But I'm definitely going to be buying both Black and White in English in spring.

Hewitt
September 23rd, 2010, 06:23 AM
If I get it, I'll be getting the english version.

Don't think I could enjoy a game that relies on the text a lot (Hence why I've only ever imported the two Ouedan games).

PokémonTrainerRuby
September 23rd, 2010, 05:44 PM
I'm getting White in Japanese and Black in English.

solarowl
September 24th, 2010, 11:11 PM
My friend has the japanese one which I will use for a while, then I will buy both Black and White in English :).

Evoli
September 24th, 2010, 11:23 PM
I'll be testing my patience and waiting until it comes out in English.

dragon0fangz
September 24th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Waiting for English. Gonna be the 7 months of hell.
But I'm not sure whether to get both Black and White, or just White.

sunstrider
September 24th, 2010, 11:48 PM
I waited for Pokemon Platinum English version release before I tried to play Platinum. I'm guessing I'm going to wait for the English versions of Black and White. Seems more enjoyable that way

Glaceon_
September 25th, 2010, 12:36 AM
I currently own Pokemon White, so I'll probably be getting Black when it is released for purchase over here. Or I'll do what I always do and buy both versions when they're released over here... xD;;

Sverige
September 25th, 2010, 05:21 AM
I got the Japanese one from a pen pal who lives in Japan (we send each other presents) but I am absolutely awful at Japanese (thank the Lord for bilingual people) but I am still enjoying it.

last fighter 36
September 25th, 2010, 05:26 AM
I will get English though im dissapointed the new pokemon are quite lame.

Blastin'Tyruntz
September 25th, 2010, 06:04 AM
i have black and white japanese cause i cant wait........
i dont get a word but its an awsome game so its dosent matter!!1
all my pokemon in white (just started so dont laugh):

http://pokemondb.net/static/images/black-white/tsutaja.jpg lvl 14:1st slot
http://pokemondb.net/static/images/black-white/mamepato.jpg lvl 13:2nd slot
http://pokemondb.net/static/images/black-white/shimama.jpg lv 10:3rd slot
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8052/1284199365006.pnglvl 15:4th slot
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4572/12841989550062.pnglvl 13:5th slot
http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/fakeyanppucoro.pngthe blue one:lvl 17 6th slot

in the pc:
koromory lvl 13

kohei
September 25th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Being Japanese is an advantage whenever a new Pokemon game comes out.
Buying it on Amazon.co.jp thinking it'll arrive on the release day is not.

Rankurusu
September 26th, 2010, 08:41 AM
I hate waiting, but I'm still going for the english version. Althogh it can get annoying the fact that most of the new trades in the wi fi trade section of the forums are for BW only. I'm still waiting.

Virtual Chatot
September 26th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Waiting primarily for the American release, although I'm roaming the internet for screenshots and plot.

Urugamosu
September 27th, 2010, 06:31 PM
I'm importing my Pokémon Black!

It should be here within a few days.

TRXO
September 27th, 2010, 11:45 PM
I don't know Japenese, so my only option is to wait for an american version, or at least for a hack in which the only change is the translation of Japanese into English, or a translation patch that does work.

razzbat
September 29th, 2010, 02:16 AM
i always get the japanese one, the only time i havent is ruby and emerald.
i speak both languages and i find that the japanese one is more entertaining, probs coz translations can be weird. :L

TRXO
September 29th, 2010, 02:34 AM
i speak both languages and i find that the japanese one is more entertaining, probs coz translations can be weird. :L

I agree translations can be weird, but I don't know Japanese and I don't have the time to learn it, so I got no choice about that one.

Hiroshi Sotomura
September 30th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Lyra and her weirdass language agrees with you--ってことね〜!

Being Japanese is an advantage whenever a new Pokemon game comes out.
Buying it on Amazon.co.jp thinking it'll arrive on the release day is not.
But aren't there brick-and-mortar game stores to guy or preorder from? I also heard that Amazon Japan shipped stuff early, too. Oh well.

A Pixy
September 30th, 2010, 03:25 AM
Waiting primarily for the American release, although I'm roaming the internet for screenshots and plot.

I'm doing that too.

Minus the plot, I don't care if it's the best plot ever, Pokemon Plots will always be just that in my eyes.

Pokemon Plots. n_n

Hiche..
October 2nd, 2010, 11:52 AM
I downloaded my Pokémon White as a ROM first, when I couldn't wait to play it, but 5 days ago, I ordered the Japanese version and I am currently playing it. Though I understand very little Japanese, I never minded the text in-game. I also pre-ordered the English version of B&W, so I will restart it after it is released.

Eeohnex
October 2nd, 2010, 12:01 PM
I'm waiting for the English version of Pokémon Black and White.

RockmanEXE
October 2nd, 2010, 03:32 PM
Waiting for English White.

Rainflower
October 2nd, 2010, 10:09 PM
I'll be waiting for the American release so in the mean time, I'm spoiling myself with the anime. lol