PDA

View Full Version : Ds Countdown!

pokejungle
November 9th, 2004, 02:45 PM
I'm a SSSSSOOOOOO excited! I was nearly to the point of drooling when reading the IGN hands on report! It looks stunning.

Did I mention I'm EXCITED? XD

[If you have come to post something like: "DS sux, PSP is better!" Please go away. You will have your post reported. Not sure how much good it'll do, but...meh...]

Alex_
November 9th, 2004, 02:48 PM
yeah DS is gonna be awesome im so excited im pumped mainly cuz of that tyouchscreen and cant you call or chat with other people who have DS's?

pokejungle
November 9th, 2004, 02:50 PM
PictoChat will be awesome! Especially if you use it in conjunction with a hotspot!

The touch screen is my favorite feature ^^

Melody
November 9th, 2004, 02:59 PM
I CAN'T WAIT! *runs off screaming*

pokejungle
November 9th, 2004, 03:01 PM
I know exactly how you feel PT2004!

I can't hardly wait. At least its LESS THAN TWO WEEKS NOW!! w00t!

THIRTY-SIX
November 9th, 2004, 03:02 PM
i gotta wait another year for th ds *my bro sobs* uless my cousin pre orders him one then he'll be in his utopia (dont no how to spell it)

Alex_
November 9th, 2004, 03:03 PM
http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=811f0f92-0448-4338-8bbe-df066c5856e0& - info on picto chat
http://www.nintendo.com/ds/index.jsp - basic info

i just now found out that games can either have touch or voice capabilities ;)

THIRTY-SIX
November 9th, 2004, 03:04 PM
your a bit late on the touch sensitive news arent you?

Alex_
November 9th, 2004, 03:07 PM
lol i already knew about touch crap i jus didnt know bout voice crap ..... i havent read on it in a while

BigBoss
November 9th, 2004, 04:02 PM
I'm REALLY exited about the DS! I love all the features! I like the PSP too, but the DS alittle more.

Brittany
November 9th, 2004, 04:25 PM
I'm not incredibly crazy about the DS, although I will probably get one anyway. I'll probably only use it for the new Pokemon games, the Final Fantasy ports, and maybe for Zelda.

PSP on the other hand...

TRIFORCE89
November 9th, 2004, 05:31 PM
I'm not incredibly crazy about the DS, although I will probably get one anyway. I'll probably only use it for the new Pokemon games, the Final Fantasy ports, and maybe for Zelda.

PSP on the other hand...
Maybe for Zelda....

O_O

!?!?!?!?

Get your priorities straight!!! Grr

LOL

Anyway, yeah. I've been meaning to reserve a DS. But I'm too lazy to do so. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll get around to it *is cutting it close*

Kyosuke
November 10th, 2004, 07:12 PM
I was surprised that its coming out in a few weeks, I thought I wouldn't see it until early 2005 XD, I would get it if I had the money, which I don't cause I'm poor.

*Looks for old newpapers as a blanket*

John Denver
November 10th, 2004, 07:31 PM
I so want a DS, I just don't know if I'll have enough for one...

(grrr, gotta wait till christmas)

BOO ya! wiiiitth liiiffe!

PGN
November 11th, 2004, 02:59 AM
http://www.makeacountdown.com/?id=1652

^Click the link. NINE MORE DAYS!

aaaaaa
November 11th, 2004, 04:23 AM
I'll end up getting one for free, like I do with every console we stock.
Though I don't know when the Australian date is, and given our system still lists the price as $999,999.99 (IE, no idea), I think it could be a while.
Of coruse, also knowing how little Nintendo care about the Australian Market, I'd be happy if it never came out here.
The PSP is at least backed by a company who knows how to market, knows how to get develpers interest and knows how to pleasure the consumer.
Even based on that, and not even looking at the systems, it's pretty easy to see which system will have greater sales.

GAME G33K
November 11th, 2004, 05:11 AM
I really want one but the down side is it looks big. But other than I get one.

Arcanine
November 11th, 2004, 10:43 AM
I'm going to get one for my birthday but open the day it comes out. XD

But the thing is, I'm not sure about the game I'm going to get. XD
*Has KH2 and KH:CoM on his mind*

pokejungle
November 11th, 2004, 02:12 PM
I believe the DS is a true breakthrough for handheld gaming. I'd gladly give up any of the PSP's features for two screens and touch screens!

I'll end up getting one for free, like I do with every console we stock.
Though I don't know when the Australian date is, and given our system still lists the price as $999,999.99 (IE, no idea), I think it could be a while.
Of coruse, also knowing how little Nintendo care about the Australian Market, I'd be happy if it never came out here.
The PSP is at least backed by a company who knows how to market, knows how to get develpers interest and knows how to pleasure the consumer.
Even based on that, and not even looking at the systems, it's pretty easy to see which system will have greater sales.

Did you read my post? You aren't very welcome here with comments like that. Go make a debate thread.

THIRTY-SIX
November 11th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Aww crap my cousin told me he preordered my bro one so thats 100 of mine gone *sobs losing my money boo hoo* heh i dont really mind cuz soon ill end up playing pokemon diamond / pearl

pokejungle
November 11th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Why would you have to pay? *blinks*

*Chikorita*
November 11th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Well I will refrain from posting about how much I anticipate the DS and how awsome I think it is, becuase I have a question. XD Does anyone know as of yet, how large the range will be to the Pictochat? Hopefully, it will be connecting to Wireless hotspots. But I doubt it. =/

THIRTY-SIX
November 11th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Why would you have to pay? *blinks*

my bro doesnt have the money yet anyway hes giving me the sp *yay* and gonna pay me back

Ryoutarou
November 11th, 2004, 07:04 PM
If I have the money I might one, but it dosn't seem like it at the moment *hopes his rent gets lowered*. I'm still saving for a psp...whenever it comes out. But as long as the DS has pokemon and Zelda I'll have to get it...I'm not so wild about FF seeing as how the psp might have it as well.

PGN
November 12th, 2004, 04:01 AM
Well I will refrain from posting about how much I anticipate the DS and how awsome I think it is, becuase I have a question. XD Does anyone know as of yet, how large the range will be to the Pictochat?
30-100 feet depending on obsticles and their size that are in the way
Hopefully, it will be connecting to Wireless hotspots. But I doubt it. =/
It will!

*Chikorita*
November 12th, 2004, 07:26 AM
^Thanks a bunch for the info! That really helped me out. ^___^

Spiro
November 12th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Is this a new type of gameoy? whats the features? how will the games will be?

smithy.boy
November 12th, 2004, 08:39 AM
i reckon that the ds rocks
as they made pretty good pokemon games on GBA
just wait untill a game like ruby is on DS now that would be sweeeeet

PaladinImperialdramon
November 12th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Yeah the DS looks awesome. I will be waiting for it. Have you seen the videos for the games they look sweet.

Kairi
November 12th, 2004, 06:06 PM
I believe the DS is a true breakthrough for handheld gaming. I'd gladly give up any of the PSP's features for two screens and touch screens!

Did you read my post? You aren't very welcome here with comments like that. Go make a debate thread.
She was just talking about how she felt about both of them, after she mentioned when she’d get one. Which is fine. Let’s not make it so we have to ban DS and PSP threads, that’d really prove our immaturity. People beg for them to be closed far too easily. -.-

Kyosuke
November 12th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Yeah the DS looks awesome. I will be waiting for it. Have you seen the videos for the games they look sweet.

The DS dousn't come out until the 21st, and already I'm seeing games that are being advertised and have a price too like Super Mario, and Madden XD.

pokejungle
November 13th, 2004, 07:55 AM
She was just talking about how she felt about both of them, after she mentioned when shed get one. Which is fine. Lets not make it so we have to ban DS and PSP threads, thatd really prove our immaturity. People beg for them to be closed far too easily. -.-

You're such a biased person though XD [Noticed that she loved Sarah.] I just meant she should make a new thread if she wants to talk about the PSP.

Kairi
November 13th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Well we are like-minded people, seeing as how we can spend so much of every day together. However it was kinda rude to say it wasn’t welcome. =\ If any PSP discussion at all bothers you in this thread (And with these two, the other is almost always going to come up) then just politely ask. I dunno how many problems could have been solved on here if people had just asked politely.

However, let's not turn the topic into this. Keep discussing the DS, keep this post in mind, but don't reply to it.

pokejungle
November 13th, 2004, 04:00 PM
How many of you pre-ordered/are getting the DS on launch day?

Carlito-san
November 13th, 2004, 06:37 PM
3 days left and

MAJOR ANNONCEMENT
my friends brother works at EB and he said his manager said that EBs around the country will now be getting the system on the 16th of nov.

note:if this is not true,blame my friends brother.not me.

John Denver
November 13th, 2004, 07:20 PM
I'm gonna have wait till christmas to get my DS, well at least I won't have to pay for it

I'm so PSYCHED!

Carlito-san
November 13th, 2004, 07:32 PM
well,i got 150$ all stored up for on tuesday!im going to get the mario game and probably animal crossing.what games are you going to get?

Alex_
November 13th, 2004, 07:36 PM
same D, im gettin it for Christmas no way imma buy that myself ....

Carlito-san
November 13th, 2004, 07:38 PM
so,what games are everyone gonna get?i told mine.

GAME G33K
November 14th, 2004, 11:48 AM
I heard there is going to be SSBM DS.

Arcanine
November 14th, 2004, 11:58 AM
How many of you pre-ordered/are getting the DS on launch day?I'm just going to get it the day it comes out. I wanted to pre-order it but Wal-Mart don't do it and I don't feel like going to ToysRUs. XD

I heard there is going to be SSBM DS. If they make one then most likely a SSB game, but not SSBM.

Lucifer
November 14th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Gah. It's not out here in the UK until March sometime.

Still, at least we've got The Minish Cap early to make up for it. ;)

pokejungle
November 14th, 2004, 04:28 PM
I'm just going to get it the day it comes out. I wanted to pre-order it but Wal-Mart don't do it and I don't feel like going to ToysRUs. XD

Same thing happened to me at Target -_-;

SSB DS would be killer! *drools...some more...*

Arcanine
November 20th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Well just one day till it comes out. I played it at Wal-Mart and it's gonig to be great (but will take time getting used to).

Timbjerr
November 20th, 2004, 05:47 PM
My brohter was out with his friends the other day and they stopped by an EB Games or a GameStop (I can't remember which he told me...), but he said that they got to play the DS as it was on display. He said the system rocked and he is saving a lot of money to buy onewhen it comes out.

Today when me and my brother were at Fry's to buy a part ot fix our friend's computer, we saw some DS cartridges on sale before the DS even came out...we saw Spiderman 2, Super Mario, and Metroid Hunters...

Carlito-san
November 20th, 2004, 05:47 PM
yeah,i know.see,i went to pre-order it,and they are out for the 21st.i have to wait for the 29th.*sobs*

were they cartredges,or cards?if it is the 1st one,the're fake.

Arcanine
November 20th, 2004, 06:00 PM
The thing is I'm not sure what game I'm going to get. I kind of want Metroid but it would be the first Metroid game I got (I guess if you don't try something new you will never get anywhere XD).

pokejungle
November 20th, 2004, 06:52 PM
How far I'll go for me DS tomorrow:

Tonight I'll be up to about 11-12ish, then wake up at 6:30, get ready, drive away at 7:30 *20 minute trip* to reach Target by ten-to-8:00 which is when it opens. Why would I want to hurry so much?

THE TARGET ONLY GOT 12 FREAK'N DS'S!

Hope there's less than 12 people before me...-_-

Oh...did I mention I'm sick? Tomorrow is going to be my best and worst day simoutanously. *~_~ Big spelling errors.*

Arcanine
November 20th, 2004, 06:57 PM
You got to be kidding me. You mean it's going to be like the X-Box? They are going to get a set number of systems and the number is real small? *is getting worried about him not getting a DS*.

Alex_
November 20th, 2004, 07:05 PM
SSB would be awesome for DS i'd love it.....i was looking at a video for metroid hunters on the DS....I didnt realize how sweet the graphics are.......i think my mom pre-ordered the DS so i could get it for christmas...i think im gonna beg her to give it to me early ....... i mainloy get $$ for christmas so ill be buyin a lotta DS games to play.....the DS in 2 words = Totally awesome

pokejungle
November 20th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Yes...I was thinking when Nintendo said there'd be a pretty limited amout for each store, I was thinking about 100. When I called Target, I was scared speechless. X_x

Thank goodness my mom is willing to drive me so early.

Arcanine
November 20th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Yes...I was thinking when Nintendo said there'd be a pretty limited amout for each store, I was thinking about 100. When I called Target, I was scared speechless. X_x

Thank goodness my mom is willing to drive me so early.
Sadly I won't be able to go so early. I can just hope one of the 4 Wal-Marts, the ToysRUs,Target, or the 2 EB stores has a DS.

pokejungle
November 21st, 2004, 08:01 AM
UPDATE:

AFter 4 hours of sleep, i got up and went to Target.

I AM A PROUD OWNER OF A NINTENDO DS!! W00T!

It is truly awesome! I suggest getting a game right away, the demo is awesome, but not that exciting unless you play multi. (It is great though!)

Spectrum
November 21st, 2004, 08:04 AM
;_; Lucky peeps. DS probably won't come to Australia until sometime in 2005. xD

Alex_
November 21st, 2004, 08:21 AM
lol congrats PJ were you like the first one thre or had so0me peeps already bought some..

o well ive been beggin my mom to let me have it early, meh i have to wait til she gets paid again O.o but ill prolly get to get it early XD

*Chikorita*
November 21st, 2004, 11:15 AM
12 Freakin' DS's!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? How am I supposed to get one for my Birthday than? They'll be all out!! *Prays that he'll still get one*

pokejungle
November 21st, 2004, 03:51 PM
I was actually the first to get a DS in the town I got it in. =D

Anyway, I got 64 DS now too. Truly awesome! The DS batteries ran out while my sister went shopping for shoes though. X_X

Arcanine
November 21st, 2004, 05:25 PM
Well after getting mine at around 4 PM I can also say I am the owner of a Nintendo DS (and my brother too). I'll be playing the demo till I get the real game (the store only had M64 DS so my brother is playing that).

*Chikorita*
November 21st, 2004, 05:54 PM
^Well congrats you two for recieving your DS's. You are soooooo lucky. But I guess you already know that. So, is it awsome? XD Question though. It has rechargable batteries right? If so, how come they ran out so soon? XD

Arcanine
November 21st, 2004, 06:07 PM
^Well congrats you two for recieving your DS's. You are soooooo lucky. But I guess you already know that. So, is it awsome? XD Question though. It has rechargable batteries right? If so, how come they ran out so soon? XD
Thanks.

And yea it does have a Rechargable Lithium Ion Battery (they are like the GBA SP).
And they run out so quick because they don't fully charge it (mine lasted about 2 - 3 hours before going red).

Timbjerr
November 21st, 2004, 06:17 PM
I wish I had a DS right now...
my brother is saving money to buy one at Gamestop, and he will be trading in his old GBA to save like $50 off of it. Me and him are close enough that we can share one DS (that and we're too poor to afford two)

A funny thing is, knowing my parents, they're probably planning on buying one for my brother too, so we'll end up with two. XD

Kyosuke
November 21st, 2004, 06:52 PM
While I was with my sisters, I decided to go to Toys R' Us for the game department, because it was nearby, and there was a Nintendo DS that was availble for play so they let me play it. I got to see some of the features like Pictochat (there was even someone in a chatroom nearby XD), and played Metroid Prime: Hunters.

I want the DS even more after getting to play it, especially with the bottom touch screen, but I know thats going to be the closest I will get to one, until well over a price drop XD.

Alex_
November 21st, 2004, 06:55 PM
lol tmb i read your post and it gave me an idea, i have 2 sp's i think ill sell 1, then sell a bundle of useless GC games, and use money that ive saved for a while and ill see how much i have ..... *hopes gamestop has some DS's in stock when i go*

Arcanine
November 21st, 2004, 06:57 PM
Yea the Pictochat is great, I haven't tested it in a chat yet (because my brother can't open his till Christmas) but I chatted with myself and it looks like it will be fun in a large chat (the best place is the mall XD).

*Chikorita*
November 21st, 2004, 07:14 PM
And they run out so quick because they don't fully charge it (mine lasted about 2 - 3 hours before going red).

I had just thought of that after posting. XD Also, the pictochat does look great. I can't wait to try it out at the mall, like Arcanine said. ^^

Arcanine
November 21st, 2004, 07:35 PM
I like in the Pictochat how you can type the letters and also draw stuff too. There is a DS game or something about Pictochat and it might have more stuff on it (or something).

*Chikorita*
November 21st, 2004, 07:37 PM
^Me too. I also like how much faster it is to type with the stylus than with the D-pad like the chat in FR/LG.

Arcanine
November 21st, 2004, 07:44 PM
^Me too. I also like how much faster it is to type with the stylus than with the D-pad like the chat in FR/LG.
Yea it's just like a keyboard (all the letters are in the same place too), so it's quicker to type then moving around with the D-Pad.

Jeremy
November 21st, 2004, 07:52 PM
I'm gona get the DS for Christmas. I played Metroid Prime Echoes on the DS, and I said it was simply brillant...I wouldn't let go. XD

Arcanine
November 22nd, 2004, 12:56 PM
Pics of my nice new Nintendo DS. *gets hit by everyone that wants one but don't have one* XD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/FinalHearts/TestPictures003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/FinalHearts/TestPictures004.jpg

*Chikorita*
November 22nd, 2004, 01:07 PM
*Goes to hit Andy* (j/k) XD Those are awsome pics, it makes me envy everyone with a DS. XD

THIRTY-SIX
November 22nd, 2004, 01:12 PM
hehe my cousins got my ds ill get it in december holidays i live in london XD

pokejungle
November 22nd, 2004, 01:56 PM
If I had a digital camera, I would put up pics of mine too. =P

I'm going to try to get a pic of me holding it to put on MSN. That'd be cool.!

Anyway, 64 is really awesome! I like the mini-games a lot, and playing with Mario's face is just too funny! =D

Right now I've got like 11 stars I think...and have unlocked Mario.

I've got my Ruby game in the GBA slot XD

Soph
November 22nd, 2004, 07:06 PM
Pics of my nice new Nintendo DS. *gets hit by everyone that wants one but don't have one* XD

Andy, you suck >_>. (j/k XD)
Im going to invade your house and steal that DS.
How dare you make us all jealous? XD.

Hey, nice handwriting. But did we need to have 'Andy's DS' written to say what it was? Now just change those words to 'Soph's DS', please. XD.

Brittany
November 22nd, 2004, 07:17 PM
"Andy's DS"
Beautiful handwriting Andy!

That's the most impressive part of the picture! *ignores the DS*

Soph
November 22nd, 2004, 07:24 PM
"Andy's DS"

That's the most impressive part of the picture! *ignores the DS*
Yea but it should say 'Soph's DS' not 'Andy's DS' >_> XD since im going to steal it if he dont give it to me. XD.

Kairi
November 22nd, 2004, 07:51 PM
The “n” in Andy looks funny…*gets assaulted by Soph*

Otherwise, cool. ^_^; *isn’t into the portable thing, but still it looks slick*

Soph
November 22nd, 2004, 07:55 PM
The n in Andy looks funny*gets assaulted by Soph*

Otherwise, cool. ^_^; *isnt into the portable thing, but still it looks slick*Well if he would just change it to 'Soph's DS' there would be no funny "n" in there, now would there? XD.

Arcanine
November 22nd, 2004, 08:53 PM
Andy, you suck >_>. (j/k XD)
Im going to invade your house and steal that DS.
How dare you make us all jealous? XD.

Hey, nice handwriting. But did we need to have 'Andy's DS' written to say what it was? Now just change those words to 'Soph's DS', please. XD.How about a no. XD

"Andy's DS"

That's the most impressive part of the picture! *ignores the DS*Well I was going to put "Kevin is a loser!!!" but I put an "e" where the "i" goes in his name (didn't know it till I done took the pic and uploaded it to show him XD).

The n in Andy looks funny*gets assaulted by Soph*

Otherwise, cool. ^_^; *isnt into the portable thing, but still it looks slick*Yea I was bored, I needed something to talk about so I didn't come up all the way with the "n" so I could have some one (that means you XD) to talk about it. XD

Soph
November 22nd, 2004, 08:56 PM
How about a no. XD

Well I was going to put "Kevin is a loser!!!" but I put an "e" where the "i" goes in his name (didn't know it till I done took the pic and uploaded it to show him XD).

Yea I was bored, I needed something to talk about so I didn't come up all the way with the "n" so I could have some one (that means you XD) to talk about it. XD
No? sorry, I only take yes's. XD.