View Full Version : good charlotte

November 16th, 2003, 3:04 PM
good charlotte is my favorite band right now does anyone like them in pc

November 16th, 2003, 5:47 PM
OH yeah. DUDE!!! Good Charlotte is my favourite band too! In fact, I was planning to make a Good Charlotte thread. Their music ROCKS!!!

November 23rd, 2003, 3:30 AM
To tell the truth, I've only ever heard three Good Charlotte songs. But that's the most I've heard from any modern band ^^. And I just love all of those songs, you'll see that the top two on my charts at the moment are both GC songs. I don't know why I like them, it's the music and the lyrics I guess.

And yes, DUDE!!! is a famous word! Join the DUDE!!! club, it's in Mixed Community Groups.

December 9th, 2003, 4:59 PM
Sorry about double post. What is your favourite GC song? Mine is definitely "The Anthem"! But "The Young and the Hopeless" is great too!

December 10th, 2003, 12:08 AM
i love there music bloody vaentine and hold on are my 2 fave songs ov theres and benji is really ktute hiss hir rocked in thefirst videos

December 14th, 2003, 2:38 AM
It's great how the voices really blend, some bands have vocals which clash badly. I guess it's to be expected, though, because as far as I can gather it's Benji and Joel who do most vocals and they *are* twins.

December 14th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Some of my friends like good charlott.. their obssed. Expeshally some of my female friends who write GC fanfiction. v.v

But i dislike them.. er.. they are a bit.. crapish in my opinion. But i can put up with them, lol, i have to

December 14th, 2003, 1:08 PM
GC fanfics? Now that's weird. Well, I don't know why, but I like them. It's neat how they write all their own music and lyrics. When I'm feeling angry or depressed (like when my parents spend ten minutes yelling at me) I go into my room and listen to an hour of GC, and that really calms me down.

December 15th, 2003, 1:58 AM
GC fanfics? Now that's weird. Well, I don't know why, but I like them. It's neat how they write all their own music and lyrics. When I'm feeling angry or depressed (like when my parents spend ten minutes yelling at me) I go into my room and listen to an hour of GC, and that really calms me down.

I like a mixture of stuff. Recently i've been able to listen to Trapt's new album for hours at a time. But as a whole, the most listenable stuff i have (like what i listen to for most moods im in) is Metallica. Fav band ya see... heh

Yami NiCk
December 23rd, 2003, 12:54 AM
IMO, Good Charlotte is annoying. :-/

December 28th, 2003, 3:13 AM
Perhaps you think that. But they're nice guys, in general, from what I've heard about them. Only thing is, their website tries too hard.

December 28th, 2003, 6:27 AM
How werid, I enter PC and see this Post when i'm listening to their album :p lol Hold on is on right now :) my fave song by them. I like the album in general though :) Bloody Valentine is good too, weird that it comes before my fave though :P

December 28th, 2003, 4:49 PM
Good Charlette is okay (but that comes from someone who hates to name a certain grupo my favorite)

my favorite of their songs is "The Anthem"

January 4th, 2004, 3:13 AM
OK Tommy, what's your favourite group XD?

At the moment, I'm really loving "East Coast Anthem" (from their first album), but my current favourite is the collaboration between Good Charlotte, Mest and Goldfinger: "The Innocent", the tribute track for September 11. I've never heard of the latter two bands, but you know I'm obsessed with GC and it is a *very* good song.

January 4th, 2004, 4:08 PM
Good Charlotte? Eh... they're okay. =\ I wouldn't pay to get their CD, though. I've heard about three of their songs (The Anthem, Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous, Boys & Girls). They're okay, but Lifestyles was overplayed on the radio here and I'm getting sick of it. It's actually the only song that's really been played here. I found the Anthem on my own... and I love that song. But Boys & Girls' music video was overplayed on MuchMusic (the Canadian MTV ;D) when I was on vacation and could watch it, so I can't stand that song anymore either.

The band it okay... but it's just not me. They sound a lot like some of the other bands I hear. Although, it could just be those songs I've been listening to. @@;

January 4th, 2004, 4:18 PM
I hate GC. I used to like them. But there almost like pop!

January 4th, 2004, 4:31 PM
Well, punkie90, technically pop is now rap and hip hop and all that POPular stuff, but I guess people generally think of how pop music was back in the late '90s early '00s when it was all love-happy-yay-OMG BOYBANDS! and stuff. o_O;; Pop music has always meant the popular music. XP But I do know what you mean. ^^;;

January 4th, 2004, 4:48 PM
Hm. I get you point. But then.. when you buy there cd's sometimes they are in the pop section. 9 of what i have seen) You don't see linkin park in the pop section. Or 50 cent....

January 4th, 2004, 6:12 PM
Have Good Charlotte's CDs also been in the rock/punk section, too? Sometimes stores will do that and place CDs in several places - especially if they're really popular. That way, if you're unsure of the specific genre, you don't have to look everywhere just to find the CD you're looking for. ^_^;

Er.. I think. o_O;

January 7th, 2004, 3:08 AM
I haven't really looked that hard, I've only looked in punk section in JB Hi-Fi and the GC CDs were there, so I didn't look any further.

January 13th, 2004, 7:08 PM
GC is not a band, they did not write their music or lyrics, the record company did. Not only are they talentless, their music is annoying. And they are defenately not Punk music, i don't think I would consider them pop/punk.

January 22nd, 2004, 1:42 AM
Actually, no. Almost all of GC's songs are written by Benji and Joel Madden (lead guitarist and vocalist), and the ones that aren't written by them are written by them *with* another person. If that makes sense.

February 1st, 2004, 3:58 AM
Just wanted to say that I just got both their albums. I spent the last couple of days listening to them, they're great ^^. I have a new appreciation for "The Motivation Proclamation".

February 1st, 2004, 7:17 AM
See. They have good points in there lyrics.. Just that its so sounding like jt when they sing!

February 1st, 2004, 4:55 PM
Like "jt"? You mean Justin Timberlake? I doubt it, it's completely different. For one thing, their voices are nothing alike... *puts on penguin suit and starts humming "The Motivation Proclamation"*

February 2nd, 2004, 6:44 AM
lol JA you'd so get along with my friend. She adores GC! She's a gigantic fan of Benji. (lol i have one friend who loves GC and another who likes blink182). I somehow managed to watch the video on the 'young and the hopeless' album the other day. Aww Benji's dog is so cute. i love the fact that he wrote wondering because he was inspired by it.

February 2nd, 2004, 6:25 PM
You mean Cashdogg? LOL, it's mentioned in "Day That I Die" too ("Cashdogg was barking"), and he even puts it before his family in the "thanks" section of the "The Young and the Hopeless" album ^^. I'm not a gigantic fan of any one member of GC. IMO, I think Benji went just a little overboard with the tattoos, but maybe it's just me. I love Blink 182 too! XD

February 16th, 2004, 6:11 PM