• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you get distracted?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I can't seem to play games straight through. Either another game distracts me, I get bored, or I just refuse to let the game end. There have been a few games that I play non stop til the end, usually if I've never played them before or are determined to beat. But I typically get distracted and end up playing 5 different games. Hover around my sig and you'll see what I mean. How about you guys?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Distracted by other games? Nah, I just have a habit of not finishing games no matter how good they may be, lol. A lot of my favorite games I've yet to finish while I have finished some pretty terrible games. Don't know what it is really. :\

Pazuru

★ [ Fukidokuritsu ]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Yes. Yes I have. There have been times when I would play a game all the way through, but then there are times when I would play a game, then suddenly be playing the other game. In the end, I either finish one and then finish the other sometime else in my life, or never finish either of 'em. :U

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I wouldn't get distracted if I didn't have a naggy mom and a devilish little brother :<. I've never played a game straight through till the end in one day and if I can then its to short and I dislike short games, except Sonic games which are too short. I like a game to last me at best 2 days x3. Oh I too also get distracted by other games :o. Like I was playing Fire Emblem on my phone but suddenly my mind went into Brawl mode when I was watching my brothers play.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Oh my god, New Best Friend, I get easily distracted by other games as well, unless the game I'm playing is really, really good. There are a few epics I've gotten round to finishing.

I've only finished...let's list them, actually.

Mother 3
    Pokémon Emerald (technically not 100%, but =|)
    The World Ends With You (working to get 100%)
    Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
    Kirby: Squeak Squad
    Kirby: Super Star Ultra (90% completion on save menu, but I've finished all the games at least once)
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (Story mode and 200/300 quests)
    Fire Emblem 6: The Sealed Sword
    Fire Emblem 7: The Blazing Sword
    Fire Emblem 8: The Sacred Stones
    Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations
    Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations
    Portal

That's it, actually. =| I've listed them by reason, too. From the Mother 3 to Super Star Ultra, it's because the game was good and I'm a fan of the series, etc. From FFTA2 to Shadow Dragon, it's because I like SRPGs. The Ace Attorney series is because, well, they're book-like and relatively easy to finish, and Portal is just in a class of its own.

There are like 20 games on my R4, all of which I like sort of, but none of them epic enough for me to get around to finishing. =|

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I easily get bored of games. It'll have to be very enjoyable for me to finish it, and for me to play it all the way through in one go, it has to be exceptional. I find that good gameplay alone isn't ever enough to make me want to carry on playing a game non-stop, it has to have an engaging storyline, it has to make me want to find out what's going to happen next. If it's predictable and repetitive (I've found that most games are) then it usually takes me several days to complete it. I've only managed to play two games all the way through in one go: Metal Gear Solid and Fahrenheit. Both had great storylines and made me want to keep on playing, most games don't manage to do that because I know the next level will be hardly any different from the last. Alternatively, the game is just far too long to complete in one sitting, I usually play long-winded RPGs or RTS games that take several hours to complete, I'm just not devoted enough to spend an entire day completing a game.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • The only video game I have ever completed fully in my life is Hotel Dusk: Room 215, and that was only because it was more like a book than a game. ;~; I am terrible at even getting three-quarters of the way through a game; I get distracted by other games, books, television shows, movies...or if I don't play for a while I forget where I am/how to play and have to start all over again, like with Infinite Space last month...and that just perpetuates the same cycle all over again.

Go Team Fail!

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • I get distracted up to the point where I'm playing like 5 games at once. I can't seem to finish them either, unless I'm super addicted or am playing it with a friend. I think subconsciously I don't allow myself to finish some of the games because I like them too much and I don't want them to end.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've gotten a lot better since signing up at Backloggery over two years ago. Before then I'd pick up a game and get... halfway through before getting bored or distracted and starting something else.

Now? I feel bad when I noticeably drop a game after getting somewhere in it. I try my best to finish a game before I start a new one. If I notice I'm playing more than 3 games at a time, I concentrate on the one that'll be easiest to beat so I can trim down my list a bit. It's helped me get so much more organized when it comes to gaming. XD;

I used to never beat games but Backloggery changed eeeverything. I feel bad when my "unfinished" list is higher than my "fully completed" list, like it is now. I'm literally itching to finish up either FF13 or Tales of Eternia so I can amend that. D:

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I don't so much get distracted, I just get really bored and end up wanting to go outside or something.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Man, I have so many games I'm juggling it's not even funny. My siggy hover thing is inaccurate as there are at least 8 other games I've got going, too, many of which I started in the past couple weeks due to freedom.

My issue is more from random urges to replay a game regardless of how many I'm playing than it is boredom with whatever I'm playing at that moment. I rarely finish games though, no matter how great they are. I think Twilight Princess is the only Zelda title I've actually finished, and perhaps the only game of its kind, too.

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years
  • we'll i have a thing were i will play a game to a point then jump onto another, like i was playing my Pokemon Platnium game then i jumped over to Diablo II

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I can sit and play a game nonstop, myself.
    Whenever I play Oblivion I usually end up playing it solid and never leaving my room (Yeah, it's really bad, I know. I mean, I still do chores and stuff, but other than that, I'm really bad). Same goes for Fallout 3.
    However there are a few games that I don't really get into.
    But usually I'll play a game straight through.
    FFXIII is a good recent example. 48 hrs of gameplay in the first 4 days of owning it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I don't really play video games, but when I do I actually am focused on it and tend to beat it. Like Pokemon, each time there is a new game I finish it within a day.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I actually have an annoying habit I'm trying to kick where I overplay a new game, to the point where I start to get tired of it. I wish I could find it easier not to focus on one game.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I can't really sit still doing one thing for very long.

I have ADD so Im never able to concentrate on anything.

So usually, I stop playing or play another game because I've lost interest.

love love love

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    No I always finish them unless they are too hard or too scary.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Yeah, I do get distracted or bored of games sometimes, but I always go back to finish them, and if I like the game enough, I keep playing until I get to 100%.

Back