• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you get distracted?

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I'm the type that will get distracted by something else (or not be able to get through it), put the game down for weeks/months, but when I get back to it I have tunnel vision and plow through it. It happened with Assassin's Creed, and I'm sure it'll happen with Mass Effect - right now I'm having trouble getting into it (and I've had it for over a year), but when I get into it I'll probably plow through it.

Joeyjoe9876

Wait, What!?!
    Years
    I get distracted every time I go to play Half Life 2 or Portal. I either have to put on some music and end up on Facebook or start working on a hack or a console project..

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I always try to beat my games. I only don't if I really don't like the game. There's been a couple of handfuls of those.

Completion is another story. If I really enjoy a game, I'll try to go for 100%. Or if going 100% isn't a hassle where you don't really have to go too far "off the path".

And then achievements. Bleck. I try to go for them "naturally" as much as possible. If, once I'm done a game, I'm only missing like... two or three, then I'll try to get the rest (this was the case with Assassin's Creed II). But the idea of achievements just bugs me. I don't need extra points for beating a level I'm supposed to beat and I don't want to stand in one spot and shoot the same gun repeatedly for five hours for extra points.

I play games purely for fun and entertainment. If I enjoy the game I'll want to to play more of it - either replay it or complete it. If I don't, I'll leave at it beaten or even don't finish it all. I don't need bragging rights or to grow my e-penis.

I don't think I can get distracted easily. As I've gotten older, I ended up with less time on my hands. But when I younger, I could play a few games to the end in a single sitting. I didn't do it often, but I did it with Banjo-Kazooie, Paper Mario, Ocarina of Time, and Super Mario 64.

Back