• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon After Black and White

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
Years
  • I wasn't exactly sure where to put this thread, but since the Black and white arent even out yet, i figured this is as good a spot as any.

Now, I for one wouldn't mind if, after black and white, they went back to the old gba graphics and included all of the regions(depending on how you would get to Ishuu maybe not that), making you start in kanto and working your way through the other regions one at a time. to get the other starters, there is a small patch of grass/pond where you can catch them in each region, or they are gifts. I think this would be an incredibly fun game. what do you think?

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
  • I think that would be how the last pokémon game will be. But I don't think it will come after black and white, 5th gen won't be the last..

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    All the regions in one game? I'd be a little upset if this were to happen. I do like the idea of the old GBA graphics, but Pokemon would never go in a backwards direction like that.

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Im not sure if one game cartridge could hold all of that. But, as technology advances, it may be possible as a grand finale.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think I read somewhere that it was confirmed by the writers or somethign that there is already work going on for the 6th and 7th Gens

I'd say once we hit 1000 pokemon it will stop. I have actully been thinking of that as well. But it would be a long long long long game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    Personally i think they wont stop making pokemon until it stops making money.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You people are so evil. I'm trying to avoid the BW section, but here I go moving this there.

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
  • sorry sydian, just a point i've always wanted to bring up. this discussion is not directly related to black and white, if that helps to maintainyour pride at all XD and i'm not talking about this as a grand finale, but they could release it as an mmo on the computer, and if that were the case, you picked your starting region and they wouldn't be limited by graphics or such, and they could just patch teh next region in

Years
  • i think the last pokemon game will be a console game so they can fit all the regions and make it huge and i think soon pokemon games will move onto consoles instead of handheld then make a few of those then end

n64benowitz177

Is The Man In The Mirror.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    i think the last pokemon game will be a console game so they can fit all the regions and make it huge and i think soon pokemon games will move onto consoles instead of handheld then make a few of those then end

I agree, I think they would make a huge console game with a story that pertains to how the legendary pokemon interact in the world, linking them together and having final fantasy type graphics and presentation with the pokemon feel.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Well, really there is more issues than just memory (which is a huge issue might I add). How would they implement all that? How would they make it so that all the levels throughout every region are still fun and reasonable to play through (not too high or low)? The closest thing I can think of is an MMO Pokemon Game

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • What's wrong with the newer graphics?

Its so they can fit everything onto the DS card.

Personally i think they wont stop making pokemon until it stops making money.

Actually.. if you've been taking notice of news my friend, they think pokemon will end at 6th generation. Meaning that all they'll do after that is remakes or huge pokemon games, like said before, all regions in one game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2011
    pokemon will never have a main game on a console its called pocket monsters for a reason can you carry your wii in your pocket? Plus battling on consoles takes forever with each animation and boring pause of trainer/pokemon

Shinjiro

Secret Request Helper.
    Years
  • pokemon will never have a main game on a console its called pocket monsters for a reason can you carry your wii in your pocket? Plus battling on consoles takes forever with each animation and boring pause of trainer/pokemon

Good Point. Two thumbs up for you! I do agree too what you've said. I think the Main Pokemon game like RGBY to BW and afterward gen should stay on Hand-Held console game. I think Pokemon is the best game for you to play everywhere, every time. That's why GF put it for Hand-Held consoles.

Back