• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Goth

Rocket Executive

Criminal Mastermind
Years
  • This thread will be devoted to the discussion of Goth-Style music and all the different types of it.

There are many types of "goth" music ranging from Marliyn Manson to Wumpscut. We can talk about all of them in this thread.

I myself am very gothy and like many of the different types. I tend to lean more towards indtustrial like Manson, NIN, and Orgy. I also like Goth-Metal alot.

Some people just dress goth and don't really know much about the music or what it means to be goth. I am very into my music and am using this thread to seek out others like me on this board and talk about my little obsession.

I hope many of you that are "children of the night" like myself with post on here and discuss your darker side out in the open and compare ideas and subcultures around the world. This is for anyone with knowledge or an opinion about the style and music, so whatever you want to say, post away!

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
  • Then you and I have something very in common Rocket Executive. ;) I don't go around labeling myself or that kind of stuff but yeah when it comes down to it I am also Goth, new to it to be more precisse. I met a guy that was Goth and I became very interested in the music, culture, etc. I like The Cruxshadows, Skinny Puppy, NightWish, Lacuna Coil, Haggard, Kamelot, and many more that I can't really spell right and I'd be here all afternoon naming them LOL. Guess you found another "child of the night" here as well.

Rocket Executive

Criminal Mastermind
    Years
  • Then you and I have something very in common Rocket Executive. I don't go around labeling myself or that kind of stuff but yeah when it comes down to it I am also Goth, new to it to be more precisse. I met a guy that was Goth and I became very interested in the music, culture, etc. I like The Cruxshadows, Skinny Puppy, NightWish, Lacuna Coil, Haggard, Kamelot, and many more that I can't really spell right and I'd be here all afternoon naming them LOL. Guess you found another "child of the night" here as well.

Yeah, I don't really like to call myself that, but it's hard for many people to know what you are talking about unless you say it. I've never been a big fan of labels, but there really isn't any other way to put it. We are what we are, and that is dark ones: goth. I'm glad to have met someone else like me on here, especially a girl. Close to my age too to boot. Too bad you're already paired up though, lol. That would have been the icing on the cake. :D

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
  • Yeah, that is awesome, but I have heard of double pairs in other forums, can't that work here as well? It'd just be perfect, you sound like me, I ain't a fan of labels and like you said others just don't get it unless you go and put the label on. Sadly it happens a lot. But it'd just be great if the pair up could work, or maybe something else.

Rocket Executive

Criminal Mastermind
    Years
  • Yah, I don't think they do the double pair thing here, but I still need a twin. Plus, I'm still always available for AIM and Yahoo chats, especially AIM. I likes to talk to my kind of ppl. Makes me feel like I can be myself again.

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
  • Rocket Executive said:
    Yah, I don't think they do the double pair thing here, but I still need a twin. Plus, I'm still always available for AIM and Yahoo chats, especially AIM. I likes to talk to my kind of ppl. Makes me feel like I can be myself again.

Yeah, that is so true. It's a bit easier to be yourself with people like you than with those that aren't. LOL You should see how I look between the group I hang around with when I go out with my brother and sister and their friends. It's kinda funny but it tends to get lonely if you know what I mean. Pretty amazing to have found someone else like me around these parts, it's cool.

Lady of the Shadows

The Lost One
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2007
    *walks in.
    wow how did i miss this realy.
    Yea i am a goth i guess you can say it. I was a hard core goth in high school .Do to stuff i have changed but will i love the musice and i once and while i tend to get back in full goth.
    Also freaks out my friends to see me like that. lol i miss the old days.

Rocket Executive

Criminal Mastermind
    Years
  • Yeah, I missed em so much I had to go back. I have my ex to thank for that. She pestered me till I went back to it and I am so glad I did. I forgot how happy it made me. You might wanna think about doing the same Cassie. It really helps me be who I wanna be.

Lady of the Shadows

The Lost One
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2007
    Yea i know what you mean. Little by little i reagian what i once was. Just takes time. I mean well you know james.
    I have deicde to be my self agian but like any thing els it takes time and steps realy.
    Also i am tried of being every one freaken mattte x.x also getting sick.... nm lol should not go there.

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
  • Hell, I'm myself even though things can get a little tough with my parents and people, but generally people suck. I personaly don't care what they think of me and such. It just feels so good to unleash your fury and do, be, think and act the way I want not how they want me to act. Scares people lol, like today this guy comes up to me and says: "Let me tell you something. No one will ever love you like Jesus will." I was like what's up with that. These fanatics can be a apain at times.

Lady of the Shadows

The Lost One
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2007
    lol try being Wiccan like me... they never stop.
    Wel if jsut people then i would have said f*** them realy.
    But there more to my stroy than just how people see me.
    Any way i am working on it. peace by peace XP

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
  • Awesome! I been doing a lot of research on Wicca, have been considering it very strongly, I find it very interesting and makes far more sense than Catholic does and there are a lot of things that bother me with that religion so I've been browsing through and came across Wicca and I guess I found something real. Still donnu much just one or two basics but I'm working on it. Anyway, keep it up, just be yourself and f*** what the world thinks of you, in the end what truly matters is what you believe in not what they think.

Lady of the Shadows

The Lost One
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2007
    Yea your right. Realy if people cant excpet you then they were never ment to be close to you.
    I mean even if you don't look what you feel in side. You are still that.
    Any way i feel the same about Wicca. It just seems more naturl to me than any of the other religions.

Rocket Executive

Criminal Mastermind
    Years
  • I'm very anti-religion. I believe in God, but organized religion is the devil, lol. It even says in the Bible that most of the churches Jesus visited were a mockery to his Word and were worshipping power, money, greed, and the Devil, not Him.

Lady of the Shadows

The Lost One
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2007
    Thus this is why i am Wiccan. I do not belve(sp) in the Bible at all so what you just said about it I realy don't give a s*** about.
    I was raised on that and found to it be very distubing and just goes agenst every thing that flows in the world.

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
  • Yeah, I have to agree with you guys. I have been moving out of Catholic believes, they're just too prejudiced for my taste. And as far as the bibble goes, it is just a book writen by man. They're papers neatly put together by a man not by God, I do believe in God but I have my own way of looking at things. That the church doesn't seem to like it then that's their problem. Unfortunately I'm taking Christian Faith in college and I just hear all the stuff the prof. says and I just wanna pound his head in. The Holy Inquisition was anything but that and they're acting like that now a days, they see one of us or hear that a person is Wiccan they quickly turn and point that little finger of theirs yelling "heretic!". Most of them just sicken me, that's why I'm moving up.

Lady of the Shadows

The Lost One
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2007
    geee don't remind mind me of what i left behind plz.
    Yo remember all that is just pain.
    I mean my one of the many reason me and my mother and her fmaily don't talk.
    Long story there.
    The bible is write by man and man is flawed and thus the book is flaud. I don't think god ever use something like that.

Back