• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

“The key to change... is to let go of fear.”

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    How often do you change your theme? (Avatar, Sig, Profile)

I change mine quite often xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Profile: Rarely. I've only changed it twice. Contemplating changing it again though.
    Theme: This is definitely much more often. Sometimes I change the avatar, sometimes I change the signature, and sometimes I change 'em both at the same time. I tend to change my avatar more often than my signature though, because I like to have the avatar and signature match is some way (other than them both being related to Red). How long I usually have a "theme" really depends on how much work I spent on it, and if I'm impressed with it and whatnot. People's opinions on it tend to affect when I change it as well. My Themes always always have Red in them, though.

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    I never change my profile nor my theme. I don't know..I like it plain and simple! xD I only put an avatar two days ago xD

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Depends on when I get bored of my theme. Sometimes it is a few months, once was a few hours...

But not my profile. I love that now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I change my theme when I start to get bored of the one I have beforehand, which can happen anywhere between one second and one month of having the theme.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I try to keep my theme for as long as I can, but sometimes I get bored of them really easily. I used to change out every few weeks, but I think now I'm doing a decent job of only really changing every few months. I feel a theme does a lot to solidify a bit of a temporary identity for a poster, so I like keeping good ones around.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • It's funny. Most people who've been around PC as long as me have pretty much settled down to only changing their theme once every couple of months, but changed more often back in the day.

Back on my old account, I think I had a grand total of five themes over the course of about two years before I fell inactive. since I've made this account, I think I've changed once every month on average. Sometimes I fall back into my default "toxic_squad.png" or "fe10volke.jpg" themes for a couple of months, but then I get an awesome idea and decide out of nowhere to change it. XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't change my profile that often. This is only the second change since PC debuted customized profiles, and I probably won't change it again till the next PC Prettiest Profile Contest comes along.

As for my signature/avatar, I change it every one to three months. In fact, in a couple of weeks, I plan on changing it again, and I already have the theme all ready to unleash.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Profile: Once every few years. :| I can't be bothered to do it any more often than that. Too much work!

Signature: Once every few months, if that. I probably change it maybe 3-4 times a year, but some of those changes are usually me going back to older sigs or participating in a collab that only lasts a few weeks before I go back to whatever I was using previously.

Avatar: Every post. I change this a little more often than my sig, usually, but still not very often. Except right now where I couldn't decide what avatar I wanted to use so I randomized it. XD;

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't have a 'theme', and find others' obnoxious enough that I've disabled viewing of signatures.

This is my 391st avatar change, indicated by the image's name (avatar37017_391.gif). I joined here on 5/10/2006 (d/m/y), so I have been here for ~674 days at the time of this post. I have therefore changed my avatar on average once every ~2 days.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    When I change my theme I customize my profile. Changing themes depends on how I feel about them. Like my current one is so adorable that's its going to be quite a while before I change. My profile will keep the same color scheme but I seriously need to hook it up some more.

Years
  • For almost every theme I've ever worn, I have made them myself...and I mean completely. I draw the illustration and make the graphics, so you can imagine I take a great deal of pride in the things I do. That said, I wouldn't change often at all, and would really only change when I make something that can be deemed good enough to me for a change.

I'm...one of those people who generally don't believe in changing themes very often at all, heck, there are numerous times during my PC life where I've kept my themes for 9 or more months, maybe more. I just feel like my themes help show off my identity; who I am, and if I make something that I feel can do a better job of it, then I'd change. But otherwise...you can see me keeping the same theme for a very long time.

As for my profile...well, I change the layout of it just as rarely, perhaps once every year? o_O

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I change them all when I get bored of them. Depends really on how good the theme is to me. But I rarely change my profile because I'm lazy.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • It takes a while for me to change my siggy or profile. Siggy/Avvie, around 2-4 months, maybe more. Profile, forget it. A year, 3?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I don't maintain a signature. I have sometimes used a simple one in the past just because I felt like it at the time, but I doubt I will have a signature again. I change my avatar fairly often just because I enjoy the hunting process of finding a picture that I like. I've had 279 avatars.

Back