• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokeradar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelp

<3
Years
  • Do you think they'll bring back the pokeradar? They didn't in HGSS (as far as I know ._.), and frankly I don't think they'll bring it back to BW.

It'd be useful though, to capture some rare old gen. pokemon, or some shinies. <3

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    it would be nice to have that again though i hardley used it it was my way i got my shiny starly

Alamos

Team Plasma Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2010
    I think they will bring it back.

Since it is very useful for shiny hunting.

Jesh

M E M O R I E S
    Years
  • I doubt they'll bring it back, it seems a bit stupid. And it like... destroys the rarity of shiny Pokémon ;_;

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • meh all the shinies i got in sinnoh were on my own random encounter luck =P
    so it would be cool and all
    i'm just indifferent on the thing =DD

Years
  • ehh i never had much luck, or fun for that matter chaining in DPPT, id rather matsuda or SR for shinies if i had too. Now i wont mind getting it back, maybe they can tweak its mechanics abit

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Even if it killed the uncommonness chance of finding a shiny, I think it's more likely that they won't bring it back so Black and White can be as fresh as its supposed to be; introducing brand new features.

I liked using the Pokéradar, and to be honest it helped a lot more than one would try to get a shiny through breeding. It wasn't so easy either, since you had to be careful in which grass patch you stepped in or you would lose the chain. I wouldn't mind having it be brought back especially since it was one of the popular features of DPPt and I was fond of using it. However it's moreover unlikely, and perhaps they'll have a new item to where it'll be just a tad easier to catch shinies (or not).

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • If not for shiny pokemon they could bring it back for old gen pokemon. 'Cause in gen. 4 it was the only way to catch Ditto. D:

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    The Pokeradar didn't raise your chance for finding a shiny. It rose the encounter rate up, you were guaranteed a battle so long as you stepped into the patch of grass. You still had the 1/8000 chance that that Pokemon would be shiny.

This is the same if you use just the Old Rod to hunt for Shiny Magikarp or the same as using Sweetscent in the grass/Cave. If you raise the encounter rate you have a small margin to find a shiny faster than normal. It doesn't lower the 1 in 8000 chance of finding a shiny.

I know thine because I've gotten more shinys breeding than I have with the Pokeradar.

EDIT: I think it was useless and never got anything worth merit from it, but I wouldn't mind seeing it reappear. Guaranteed battles are better than random encounter.

Last edited:

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I think they might bring it back but I doesn't really matter to me because I never used it.

The Red Chain

My life would be complete if they put it back. <3
    150+ New Pokemon to potentially chain and get bootiful shinies of. ;w;
    Chaining is one of my favorite Pokemon hobbies. I just love the rush you get out of seeing the shiny patch sparkle. ^__^

It sucks that HGSS didn't include it, but I guess it wasn't really that huge of a deal since I still had my copy of Platinum.
    Shiny hunters like me just thought it made things much more fun and easier. D;

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • The Pokeradar didn't raise your chance for finding a shiny. It rose the encounter rate up, you were guaranteed a battle so long as you stepped into the patch of grass. You still had the 1/8000 chance that that Pokemon would be shiny.

This is the same if you use just the Old Rod to hunt for Shiny Magikarp or the same as using Sweetscent in the grass/Cave. If you raise the encounter rate you have a small margin to find a shiny faster than normal. It doesn't lower the 1 in 8000 chance of finding a shiny.

I know thine because I've gotten more shinys breeding than I have with the Pokeradar.

EDIT: I think it was useless and never got anything worth merit from it, but I wouldn't mind seeing it reappear. Guaranteed battles are better than random encounter.
    I'm pretty sure it does increase your chances. If you get to a 40 chain, you have a 1/200 chance per normal encounter of getting a shiny. And if you treat each resetting/grass shake of the radar as an "encounter," it does raise your chances. And since about 4 patches shake each reset, it increases your chances even further, since you're basically getting 4 encounters per reset.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back