• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokeradar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    i was a total noob using that thing.
    i think they should bring it back, but hand it out earlier or later in the game.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    After completely the Sinnoh Dex and receiving the National Dex..

That's not late enough for you? XD
    perhaps getting the full dex and then finding out that you need to complete one more quest for professor before receiving it?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm pretty sure it does increase your chances. If you get to a 40 chain, you have a 1/200 chance per normal encounter of getting a shiny. And if you treat each resetting/grass shake of the radar as an "encounter," it does raise your chances. And since about 4 patches shake each reset, it increases your chances even further, since you're basically getting 4 encounters per reset.

My best chain was 52. (Ya took a while to get that high. Took me a week to get past 20) I never received a Shiny Pokemon from my Pokeradar ever. I stopped using it after I managed to get 3 Shiny Magikarp with my Old Rod.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    My best chain was 52. (Ya took a while to get that high. Took me a week to get past 20) I never received a Shiny Pokemon from my Pokeradar ever. I stopped using it after I managed to get 3 Shiny Magikarp with my Old Rod.

Just because you get up to 40 that doesn't guarantee a shiny.

My highest chain is 202 and I only got one shiny from that one. :/

You just have to reset the radar (the longest it took me was an hour of constant resetting) to see a shiny patch. Then you have to walk into the shiny patch.

You might have seen a shiny patch and didn't go into it.

Regardless, just because you didn't get a shiny that doesn't mean that PokeRadar in its entirety.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Just because you get up to 40 that doesn't guarantee a shiny.

My highest chain is 202 and I only got one shiny from that one. :/

You just have to reset the radar (the longest it took me was an hour of constant resetting) to see a shiny patch. Then you have to walk into the shiny patch.

You might have seen a shiny patch and didn't go into it.

Regardless, just because you didn't get a shiny that doesn't mean that PokeRadar in its entirety.

I've battled less with my Old Rod and have gotten more shiny. And no I've never seen a shiny patch. Just patches that shake and those that shake really hard.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    If not for shiny pokemon they could bring it back for old gen pokemon. 'Cause in gen. 4 it was the only way to catch Ditto. D:
    Unless HG/SS isn't counted as Generation IV...

Personally, I didn't like the Pokéradar. Not only did I not have the patience to chain, it didn't give me the supposedly "easier-to-find" older Pokemon. I tried many times for a Nidoran F, and all I kept getting was Bidoof. So I gave up on it and completely forget that I have it.

So if it doesn't make a return in B/W, then that's fine with me. If it does, I'll probably just continue to ignore it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just a note, if you'd like to discuss your Pokeradar records, do so in General Pokemon Gaming (either if there's a thread there, or if not), but here, just discuss whether you'd like to see it back and why.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2016
    Pokeradar was great. I guess if B/W uses the PokeWatch instead of the PokeGear than it will be back.

Kelp

<3
    Years
    Unless HG/SS isn't counted as Generation IV...

Personally, I didn't like the Pokéradar. Not only did I not have the patience to chain, it didn't give me the supposedly "easier-to-find" older Pokemon. I tried many times for a Nidoran F, and all I kept getting was Bidoof. So I gave up on it and completely forget that I have it.

So if it doesn't make a return in B/W, then that's fine with me. If it does, I'll probably just continue to ignore it.
    Well yeah, I meant the only gen.4 games with the pokeradar, since HG/SS didn't have it. x)

But mostly each route had an older gen pokemon you could encounter. You had to go into a certain type of shaking grass though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2010
    It would be a good idea, only if they improve it. Finding shinies was way to easy on Diamond, that's why they lost all their rarity...

The Red Chain

The Pokeradar is an okay feature. Of course, I abused it during my old days of playing D/P/Pt in an attempt to chain shinies and whatnot(but unfortunately I've failed more than succeeded). But I sort of doubt that it'll make a re-appearance in B/W again, especially since it was sort of a minor feature in D/P/Pt anyway.

It wasn't all that minor when you think about it. The Pokeradar was invented as a mechanism to help you complete the National Dex without having to trade near-constantly ; hence why you got it with the National Dex. Certain Pokemon only appeared with the use of the Pokeradar, such as Ditto. If you played Pokemon with the old motto like me, "Gotta catch em all", it was actually quite helpful. :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Merged with pokeradar thread because discussion seems to fit.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'm hoping the Pokeradar will make a comeback in Gen V. It was fun hunting for certain Pokemon in vast quantities, but it was annoying running into a different Pokemon outside of rustling grass. Maybe the Pokeradar would become an app for Gen V's counterpart of the Poketch (obtainable after the National Dex).

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I'm hoping the Pokeradar will make a comeback in Gen V. It was fun hunting for certain Pokemon in vast quantities, but it was annoying running into a different Pokemon outside of rustling grass. Maybe the Pokeradar would become an app for Gen V's counterpart of the Poketch (obtainable after the National Dex).

Like you get an iPhone with a pokeradar with it? Actually, I wouldn't mind it if was built into the Pokegear of gen V. I just hated it, was pretty useless too me and too hard to find what I was looking for.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    I think they might bring something similar back to replace it, but I wouldn't mind if the Radar or something similar was included in the game, since I much prefer the idea of shinies being rarities.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    sadly enough I don't think they will bring it back since they didn't with HGSS...
    Pokeradar?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back