• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite guilty pleasure game

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • There's always a game out there that you love to play, but don't tell anyone. And there's always a game out there that get bad reviews, but you can't get enough of. So what are yours?

I've got a few that I generally keep quiet or have a good excuse if I'm caught playing it on Xbox Live, haha. Pokémon games are one that I never talk about to friends off of PC, since I've always associated it with being a kid and it being a kid game.

And Viva Pinata for the Xbox 360. lolol I got it for free with my Xbox 360 a few years back and that game is just ridiculously good. It's like Sims: With Farm Animals, but it rocks. Now I want to play it again. I always tell friends that "my young cousins were in town and that's the only E-rated game I've got, so they played that for hours and hours and hours."

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Rugrats Scavenger Hunt. People don't believe me when I say it's a good game, so I've kinda just put off saying anything about playing it. I honestly can find no way to tell people how that game is fun. I guess it's just nostalgic for me, because it was one of my first N64 games.

Not too ashamed of Pokemon though, ngl. XD I'm very flamboyant about it.

Spoiler:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Spoiler:
    Now was that one an RPG sorta thing like Sorcerer's Stone for GBC? Because I played that game to death and back. Every spell, every card, and (if memory serves) speedruns that took about 4 hours. At age ten.

Holy crap, I have a Gameboy emulator on my computer! I have an errand to ROM- ah, run, that is.

Years
  • On NES emulator and formerly on regular NES, I was playing (and I am sometimes playing now on emu) F-1 Hero. Deadly difficult racing game on NES, when you had to change gears manually and the car control was very hard. Not very popular game. It had bad reviews, but the tracks were good. Also there was possibility to play two players mode.

As for Pokemon, I'm not ashamed of playing it either. It's just a small hobby and It's a great time killer on mobile phone.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • Favorite guilty pleasure? You mean other than Pokemon and all my NES, SNES, and N64 games? Probably Lego Star Wars/Indy/Batman/Harry. I know many people think these games are way too childish, but I like them.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Lunar: Dragon Song.
    Fans of the Lunar series usually hate this game and ... Well, hell, even newcomers to Lunar pretty much hate this game and can't stand more than an our of it or its battle system. But for some reason I really like it. <3

Years
  • Excluding the Pokemon games, I enjoy playing lots of old Genesis / Mega Drive games every once and a while. People don't understand how I could play games that weren't on the new consoles, but I like most of these games for the nostalgia factor. I also used to like playing Monkey Hero for PS1 when I was younger, even though the average rating of the game was a 3/10.

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
    Years
  • Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azkaban on the GBA.
    Guilty pleasure why?
    A lot of people know I'm not a Harry Potter fan (not saying I hate it, though. The genre is just not my thing.), but I enjoyed the game immensely.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • God, I don't tell anyone this...
    But I absolutely love
    Spoiler:

I know you're all probably really disgusted right now.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Pokemon.
    I love it, but I admitted it to my friends and, let's say I have no friends left now.
    I get by though.
    At least I have one friend.Who is a girl and I fancy and everyone teases me, but that's a different story.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • Now was that one an RPG sorta thing like Sorcerer's Stone for GBC? Because I played that game to death and back. Every spell, every card, and (if memory serves) speedruns that took about 4 hours. At age ten.

Holy crap, I have a Gameboy emulator on my computer! I have an errand to ROM- ah, run, that is.
    wow! i thought i was the only person in the world to have played that game! i've still got it in the game box with chamber of secrets. man they were fun.

Pokemon.
    I love it, but I admitted it to my friends and, let's say I have no friends left now.
    I get by though.
    At least I have one friend.Who is a girl and I fancy and everyone teases me, but that's a different story.
    i feel for you man. sounds like me when i was younger. sometimes its better to keep things hidden but its upto you what you do. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Princess Maker 2. Even TV Tropes calls it "not a game many like to admit playing". It is actually a good game, just the premise of raising an adoptive daughter is something most people will either take as pointless or weird.
    But whatever; it's a game, I play it and it's fun, so what.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Pokemon's not a guilty pleasure for me! :) Most of my friends know I play it. :p A whole conversation started out in my English class about Pokemon. :P And most of the people in my class are 15, xD

My guilty pleasure? I don't think I have one. :S

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The Mother series.

I try to explain people why they are one of the greatest under-rated games but they end hating it.

What? Really? Most people are in love with that game. Even the people around here that I tell about that game, it makes them want to play it. Also, before I started playing it, I felt it was overrated because of its constant high praise. So you must know some...strange people.

Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azkaban on the GBA.
    Guilty pleasure why?
    A lot of people know I'm not a Harry Potter fan (not saying I hate it, though. The genre is just not my thing.), but I enjoyed the game immensely.

I second Prisoner of Azkaban for GBA.

Haha, glad to be first to say it now. I wanna dig it out and play it. It had good music for a GBA game, iirc. I used to stay up for hours playing that game...

Anyway, I've got a new 360 shining in all its glory in my room, and I just wanted to come back and second what Klippy said about Viva Pinata. XD I was playing it the other day thinking "this is so corny" and yet I couldn't put it down. It reminded me more of Harvest Moon than it did The Sims, though.

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
  • maplestory. played it a while back cuz i dont like p2p mmos , grew out of it for a while, then got back into it. i recently stopped playing tho so i hope its for good this time

and there is nothing to be ashamed of for playing bounty hunter. i got it with a jango fett+boba fett stattuette

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • EarthBound. I spend too much time playing it. I've completed it on more than one occasion but I'm still addicted to it. I find it boring from time to time but it helps me kill time. =|

Back