• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long do you think you'll stay with pokemon?

Do you think you will be a Pokemon fan forever?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 109 88.6%
  • I'll sooner or later grow out of it...

Votes: 14 11.4%

• Total voters

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I know alot of people just grow outta it and stuff but not me! I've been a fan since I was a kid, yellow was the first ever game I played! I think ill want to be buried with my pokemon games in my coffin XD (that was a joke)

Last edited:

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • I grew up playing Pokemon so I don't think that I'll ever really abandon it. It'll always have a special place in my heart. ;)

The kids that I used to play Pokemon with when I was younger all grew out of it by middle school but I never did.

There's sometimes when I have like, the urge to play Pokemon all day and there's other times when I won't pick up a game for a few months. It all depends on how I'm feeling, I guess. =/ Like for the past few weeks I haven't touched my HG version... Hm...

But yeah, I'll probably be still playing the games for quite a while. It doesn't bother me how other people think it's childish. Shouldn't let them ruin my fun, right? :D

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    Though I have been a Pokémon fan for more than 10 years now, I am starting to lose interest in it. I come to PC to discuss topics non-related to Pokémon whatsoever. So, my guess is that next year or maybe the one after, I would simply 'drop' Pokémon from my life.

Years
  • Well... For me it is a good time killer and hobby as well, so I think I will be interested in this for years.

Ayselipera

I feel like I'll be a fan of the games forever. Even if I ever stop playing them I'll probably still like Pokemon. Even now I don't nearly play as much as I used to, but I still like Pokemon as a whole.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Seeing as I've been a dedicated off-and-on fan of the series since I was a kid back in 1998, I don't think I foresee myself leaving the fanbase anytime soon. XD

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Like a lot of people here, I've been in Pokemon ever since I heard about it (which I think was like 1998). Ever since then, I've been a die-hard fan, and I don't think that will change. Unless Pokemon dies out first, and I forget about like 50 years down the road. XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • My interest in the series goes in and out, and right now, I'm just not feeling the fifth generation games. I'll probably remain a fan, but in the future that might involve me playing the older games rather than buying the new ones.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Well,I have been playing since i was about 5-6 up till now at age 16 and i don't think ill ever stop after playing a little over 10 years now.

Murmansk

Weebus Maximus
    Years
  • I'll just keep at it brah, cause if it isn't the actual pokemon I like, bittay I love the characters.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • I've been with Pokemon since it came out.
    I was one of the first to line up in the store when it opened to buy the very first 2 games.

I'm almost 20 and I've stuck through 4 generations of Pokemon and am eagerly and excitedly awaiting the 5th generation.
    I care not for those fans that leave because they don't like the newer generations.
    I care not for those fans that bash the newer generations or for the newer fans that bash the older generations.

As cliche as it sounds, one thing rings true in my mind...

I have and always will be with Pokemon, right to the end.
    Where people leave when they see a new generation, it makes me stick by it harder.

I don't understand people when they leave for ridiculous reasons such as a newer generation of Pokemon.
    Different Regions, Different Myths, Different Pokemon, Different Ideas, Different Stories.
    Nothing to complain about.

I hate to sound like a fanboy but I suppose with this, I am proud to sound like one...
    To deserve a spot in place when Pokemon is at its best, you must be willing to endure with it even at its worst, no matter how hopless it may seem, even though it doesn't seem hopeless at all, quite the contrary, each newer generation brings awesome in my eyes.

But that's just MY opinion.
    To be perfectly honest...

My answer to your question: FOREVER.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Pokemon was with me growing up. From when I was 5-7, I can't remember which year. It got to me at a part of my life when it would be implanted in me. It's why I love the games even now, along with Mario. 10-12 years, and I don't ever regret getting a pokemon game. I do leave the games alone for a while. Maybe even a year or so, but I will always pick it up and play through it.

I even made it a point to get only Chikorita on Pokemon Gold as default, however, if I am doing something special for the run, I will pick what I need. I'll not forget pokemon, and when they stop making games, I will be sad. It will happen one day, but since it grew up with me, it'll feel bad.

But that's just me. And apparently someone above me, too.

Andrew McKenzie said:
    I've been with Pokemon since it came out.
    I was one of the first to line up in the store when it opened to buy the very first 2 games.

I'm almost 20 and I've stuck through 4 generations of Pokemon and am eagerly and excitedly awaiting the 5th generation.
    I care not for those fans that leave because they don't like the newer generations.
    I care not for those fans that bash the newer generations or for the newer fans that bash the older generations.

As cliche as it sounds, one thing rings true in my mind...

I have and always will be with Pokemon, right to the end.
    Where people leave when they see a new generation, it makes me stick by it harder.

I don't understand people when they leave for ridiculous reasons such as a newer generation of Pokemon.
    Different Regions, Different Myths, Different Pokemon, Different Ideas, Different Stories.
    Nothing to complain about.

I hate to sound like a fanboy but I suppose with this, I am proud to sound like one...
    To deserve a spot in place when Pokemon is at its best, you must be willing to endure with it even at its worst, no matter how hopless it may seem, even though it doesn't seem hopeless at all, quite the contrary, each newer generation brings awesome in my eyes.

But that's just MY opinion.
    To be perfectly honest...

My answer to your question: FOREVER.

Quote for mothereffing truth. Change 1st gen to 2nd gen and almost 20 to almost 17, and that's basically me.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I'm nearly twenty-four-years-old. I think I should have "grown out of it" years ago.

Didn't though. There's just something about Pokemon that allows it to stay with me. I figure it's the fact that it does seem to grow with me. When it first came out, I was close to the age when trainers started their journey, and that made me like Pokemon. These days, I'm old enough to recall the early days of fandom, and that's part of what makes me stick around.

We'll also toss the fact that I swore I would finish my Pokemon fanfiction novels before I leave fandom, and that's not happening any time soon. Even still, I'm going to stay because there will always be something for me to talk about, whether it's the new Pokemon arriving or the nostalgia shared by those who also stayed with the fandom forever.

And Andrew McKenzie's post gets an "I like this!" thumbs-up from me.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I'll be honest I have a pretty short attention span, I was about 11 or 12 when Gen III was almost done, I thought Pokemon was done making new Pokemon and would realize spin offs and such. I was so overjoyed when the new Gen came out. Although I later realized Sinnoh was a dissapoinment, I realized another thing, which may sound cliche.
    There is no way to Duplicate the feeling you get when you play a Pokemon Game of any genre for the first time. Drugs to feel good? No thanks I'd rather pay 34.95 for a new Pokemon game.
    Also, the only reason people are bashing Gen 5 is because Pokemon effing EVOLVED and no one is willing to accept that it will blow the other gens out of the water and set the bar extremely high. Hell, I am considering paying an extra 30$ to get the game in a language which I can't even read 1 kanji of just so I can get it early.
    THERE YOU GO. AS LONG AS THERE IS NO WAY TO DUPLICATE THE POKEMON FEELING, I WILL STAY WITH IT.

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
    Years
  • As much as I want to sound cheesy, I can't lie: Sooner or later, I may get tired of Pokemon. If it continues to follow the same storyline (with the hero, the professor, the evil organization), there's no doubt that I will start to lose interest in it. =/

I may also just lose interest in playing video-games, generally. :(

Last edited:

juxta

3181 0814 1066
    Years
  • Let's see, i played pokemon blue and then gold when i was younger and stopped playing until last month when i saw heart gold and bought on impulse. I think i deserve a slap on the wrist, shame on you! Impulse buying..

Back