• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long do you think you'll stay with pokemon?

Do you think you will be a Pokemon fan forever?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 109 88.6%
  • I'll sooner or later grow out of it...

Votes: 14 11.4%

• Total voters

Quisling

Quisling deceives you all.
    Years
    I don't see myself staying with Pokémon for more than 3 years as of now. I mean, I'll always be a fan and a supporter, but I can't keep on playing it or watching the animé when I am in my twenties. There are more important stuff than watching/playing a childhood game.

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
    Years
    I often have phases with Pokemon. I go on and off whenever it suits me. I will always deep down be a massive Pokemon fan no matter how much I grow up. I may stop watching it and maybe even playing the games but it will still be a part of my child-hood.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Well, despite popular beliefs, Pokemon is actually built rather well and has amazing stories and ideas and very imaginative things deep seethed in the games and its mythology.

This is what has held us for so long and I believe this is what will hold us for the forseeable future.
    This might sound ridiculous but my personal goal...
    Is... If Pokemon has to end, it will at least reach exactly 1000 Pokemon in its last game, or perhaps over that number.
    But if my last game is me succeeding in filling a Dex of 1000 Pokemon completely legitimate except for those rare events you have to cheat for sometimes, then I will be done a happy man.
    But if they come back with even more after that, I will pack my bags and begin on another adventure as an even older, more aged traveller! =3

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    There is no way i'll ever give up on pokemon. i mean i almost did once when i was out of the country for 2 years 2005 till 2007. when i came back, diamond and pearl were out and i just got back into it. ever since all of my free time has been dedicated to pokemon. ever since i was a kid i vowed to stay the way i am for a couple more decades. i mean i've always imagined me at the age of 80 and my grandson running up to me knowing me to be a 75 year pokemon expert and asking me for help in the 15th generation of pokemon games. i really hope pokemon survives that long and they make a worldwide pokemon club, network and even now pokemon is one of the most ,if not the most itself, succesful games and shows in the world being so international and famous. i can't think of someone who doesn't have prior knowledge of pokemon or at least the names of 10 pokemon. we started at 151 pokemon up to 251 up to 386 than up to 493 and now maybe even 650 and i hope it keeps going until all role playing pokemon games evolve from ds to 3ds then to Wii 2 and all become 100% 3d like pokemon colleseum like they evolved from gb to gba to ds. i hope it reaches a point where there are more pokemon than yu-gi-oh cards.
    i'm like some people might call it, "knows more about pokemon than about himself".
    the 5th generation will survive for about 3 or 4 more years. and the 6th generation has already been announced in the E3 expo saying that there will be even more pokemon games for the nintendo 3ds. so atleast we can still survive for about 8 more years. and seeing the success there's no reason to stop. most of the pokemon fans don't even think about pokemon as just a game or show. take me and my brother for instance. we play the tcg and games and have seen most of the show and all movies and are looking forward to phantom ruler and best widhes movies the 13th and 14th
    and to the new best wished season and 5th and 6th generations and i'm even in the hacking world i'm designing what you would call a succesful hack. we even make our own games using the pokemon cards and i try to draw fake pokemon everyday. my laptop has everylast peice of info on pokemon. i know over 15 pokemon websites each one useful in a specific condition.

oh and i hope the 5th generation comes with its own pokemon ranger game and i'm still waiting for pokemon ranger guardian signs, which looks like the best pokemon game ever.

EXUSE ME FOR WRITING A LOT I JUST WANT TO TAKE EVERYTHING OF MY MIND.

whenever i think it's over, more comes, and then even more. i hope they don't stop until they have to remake the 6th generation. yeah i said remake not make.
    some of my freinds say:"pokemon is for 3rd graders" well they should know that over 70% of pokemon fans are over 12 years old and there are,according to someones calculations, over 7.6 million pokemon fans just in the US and canada. and over 12 million in asia and a couple million in europe. what the hell. there are more people who play pkemon than those who watch the news. there are over 30, not 5 or 6, but over 30 pokemon games and over 100 pokemon hacks. so to all those whot think pokemon is for kids, i say: POKEMON IS MORE FAMOUS AND KNOWN IN THE WORLD THAN MOST COUNTRIES HAVE EVER BEEN HEARD OF AND ID MORE KNOWN THAN YOU WILL EVER BE. DON'T MESS WITH POKEMON FANS BECAUSE THEY WILL EAT YOU ALLIVE.

sorry about that !!!
    So thats what i think. please comment.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    Probably after college I'll grow out of Pokemon. But it will always be in my <3.

i won't grow out of it till i dye. and you'll never get over growing out of it and you'll always want to go back especially when you kids start playing it. what a mind blower.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    I'm not really sure. I think I was 9 when I got Pokémon Blue which I enjoyed thoroughly, I enjoyed G/S/C a lot too. I went off Pokémon during the third Generation even though I did enjoy FireRed mainly because it was a decent remake of the originals.

I've probably played this series for 10 years now, I will probably grow out of it because my life has become more busy due to college and wanting to go to university. The same applies to gaming in general.

Years
    I think (and hope) I'll never grow out of it, even if I stop playing the games I will still like Pokémon overall and it will still be a big influence. I grew up with Pokémon and it's really a big part of my life, Yellow was one of the first games I got and I can remember playing it all the time.

But about playing the games - I like them so much and I play them a lot but the Pokémon games in the future might not be as good as the ones right now anymore, simply because they just lost inspiration into making new Pokémon or something, we can never say for sure.

Peach Fresca

Underrated Pokémon Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2010
    I'm sure I'll grow out of it SOONER or later, but I do hope that day doesn't come soon. ;D

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I will stay with Pokémon until the end. It's a fun series which I enjoy and it was a huge part of my childhood. Also, the fact that it was the first real introduction for me into the world of video games and animé also means that I owe it as these two things have become another big part of my life.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I've already lost interest... in playing the games, but I'm still about here and perfectly willing to talk about them some. It's just become a bit complex for me, at least for what it was to me as a first gen player, with changes like:
    In Generation IV, moves are designated as physical or special based on the move itself [rather than type].

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    I'll never grow out of it. If I was going to, i would have by now.
    It's been with me pretty much all my life, and it has been a massive part of myself <3

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    my whole life ive loved it, ill never give it up

Years
    I've been playing pokemon ever since I was a kid. My dad teases me about me getting too old to play pokemon, but I just tell him that you're never too old to play pokemon. In other words, I can't see myself ever drifting away from pokemon. It's too much fun for me.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    You mean playing it? Yeah, I'll probably be playing it for a long time. As long as I have a Gameboy and Pokemon Gold, I'll be playing Pokemon. Pokemon was there for me when I needed a friend, so I guess I'm always in debt. But I love playing it and always will.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I don't really know. I still play the games even though they sometimes bore me. :/
    Only time can tell.

Back