• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Tiny Things Thread (Possible Spoiler Warning)

Thingula

How do you change this text?
Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Did you notice anything that you don't think anyone else did? Do you have an explanation for some rare occurrence? Talk about it here! :)

I was in the city with the 1st gym, when I went to that garden to the left and saw something in the water. There was a small whirlpool in one spot of the water. When I went to investigate, this old guy at the gate stopped me and it dissappeared. :(

There were a few other thing that I saw, too, but I don't remember what they were. XD

EDIT: I found it again! It looks more like a void (like from the Giratina movie) than a whirlpool... Or it could just be bubbles from things in the water. :P

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Those mean that you can encounter a "rare" pokemon at that tile (of course you'd need surf/or possibly a fishing rod for the ones in the water). It also happens with the "shaking" grass and dust clouds in caves. I've caught a baoppu and tabunne because of the shaking grass :)

Last edited:

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Those mean that you can encounter a "rare" pokemon at that tile (of course you'd need surf/or possibly a fishing rod for the ones in the water). It also happens with the "shaking" grass and dust clouds in caves. I've caught a baoppu and tabunne because of the shaking grass :)
    Thanks. :) I was wondering what would happen if I tried fishing there.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Wow nice tiny spots to find rare pokemon, the shaking grass is a lot like the Poke radar...I wish they brought that back this gen :(

I wouldn't be surprised if shaking patches have something to do with shinnies as well. This is because there are multiple people saying they found shinies in the patches after walking into them consecutively, which is rather easy to do. You just walk next to the patch of grass, not in it, until a shaking patch shows up. Put on a Repel, and go into it. Then keep repeating the process, and maybe that will increase the odds of getting a shiny.

Just a theory.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • I wouldn't be surprised if shaking patches have something to do with shinnies as well. This is because there are multiple people saying they found shinies in the patches after walking into them consecutively, which is rather easy to do. You just walk next to the patch of grass, not in it, until a shaking patch shows up. Put on a Repel, and go into it. Then keep repeating the process, and maybe that will increase the odds of getting a shiny.

Just a theory.

That would make sense. I guess, in a way, they did bring back the pokeradar :P; only without the item. I think I'll like it this way.

The Red Chain

It's a button trigger, now? I thought it was just luck. Haha.

I found this on another forum while searching :

So apparently they actually implemented a pokeball throw "sweet spot" into the game. That is, if you press a certain button (the A button) right when you throw the ball it's almost a guaranteed instant catch. I always pressed up+B, but whatever

To think what people used to believe helped capture DOES actually help capture now, by theory.

Pumpkin Fields

King of Carrot Flowers
    Years
  • I know Tabunne is commonly found in shakey grass, but what Pokemon are found in "rare Pokemon tiles" in the water?

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • something i discovered:

there are some locations with items in Isshu that are unreachable in the Spring season. i changed the date of my DS for the Winter season and a lot of these areas became snowed in, allowing me to retrieve items/houses that i could not before.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • something i discovered:

there are some locations with items in Isshu that are unreachable in the Spring season. i changed the date of my DS for the Winter season and a lot of these areas became snowed in, allowing me to retrieve items/houses that i could not before.

We actually know that when they first revealed seasons, I think this was a month before the games came out?

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • We actually know that when they first revealed seasons, I think this was a month before the games came out?

I didn't know that, so why critisize? If it helps 1 person, then it's relevant.

Metang has a capture rate of 3. (The same as legendaries) My team was swept by a lv 65 Metang, trying to capture the damn thing >_>

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • I didn't know that, so why critisize? If it helps 1 person, then it's relevant.

Metang has a capture rate of 3. (The same as legendaries) My team was swept by a lv 65 Metang, trying to capture the damn thing >_>
    I would love for you to point out where I said you didn't know that, and where I said it wasn't relevant.

Oh, I never did?

You see my point then. All I was saying his that he didn't discover it, like he said he did.
    wait, you can find level 65 metang in the wild?!?!
    is the Post natDex or something?
    Post National Dex.

I love it. Someone found a shiny one on Youtube and barely caught it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT39RQZiwFM

Back