• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Tiny Things Thread (Possible Spoiler Warning)

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    When breeding in the Pokemon Center, you don't have to leave the route and come back to see if there is an egg. Just get on your bike, and ride back and forth. When there is an egg and you pass him, he will stop you and scream your name.|

Nice ^-^

Could you please tell me how and where to breed? In this case, which PokéCenter and who to talk too? :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That's pretty handy for the games to do, though. B/W apparently makes everything eaiser? XD (Almost... yes, because there are still haters).

...wait you can breed in PokeCentres? Oh wow. o_O So the alternate breeding option is still available? If so, that's pretty awesome.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    I just beat the Elite Four (yay) and found out that after you get your National Dex you can rematch them, and they will have their Pokémons high in the 70s. I'm not sure if N is the champion or not anymore though.

Also, I found the level 65+ Pokémons quite easy to defeat, you just need a diverse team.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Could you please tell me how and where to breed? In this case, which PokéCenter and who to talk too? :D

That's pretty handy for the games to do, though. B/W apparently makes everything eaiser? XD (Almost... yes, because there are still haters).

...wait you can breed in PokeCentres? Oh wow. o_O So the alternate breeding option is still available? If so, that's pretty awesome.
    No, you can't breed in the PokeCenter. The place to breed is on Route 3, where Chillarmy or whatever his name is and the grass bulb Pokemon is running around.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    I freaked out when my Zorua (in illusion form) was sent out for the first time.. If your Zorua is not the last pokemon in the party, it will assume the form of the last pokemon when it is sent out. Although it is technically still a Zorua, your opponent will be fooled into thinking it is another pokemon.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    Did you know that you can easily manipulate the seasons? Just change the date. It may be useful for finding Winter Pokemon like Baniricchi,Freeijo or Tsunbeea,or seeing the beautiful weather in Fall. =3

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    After beating the game once (beating N and Geechisu and watching the credits) the levels of the routes you now have access to jump up about 15 levels compared to your team. Its kinda steep, but at least its somewhat challenging.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Did you know that you can easily manipulate the seasons? Just change the date. It may be useful for finding Winter Pokemon like Baniricchi,Freeijo or Tsunbeea,or seeing the beautiful weather in Fall. =3
    The only problem being that your DS calender is all messed up, you can't just change it back to the month and keep it the same season. :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    We've Found Carmen!

Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

The Tiny Things Thread (Possible Spoiler Warning)

In Isshu, apparently. Somebody tell ACME, quick!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    ...moving this to B/W since it doesn't fit in Other Chat. Mods, if you think it goes somewhere better, just move it there. XD;

And haha, I'd never noticed that but now I'm not gonna be able to unsee it whenever I battle one of those trainers in B/W. >:(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I...don't know how you thought it needed its own thread but okay Erica. XD; Merged with tiny things thread as... for the active threads, it's the most appropriate.

Having not played the games, I'm not aware of the trainer, nor who the person is, saaaad. Though, it is nice that B/W is incorporating real life references into the games (even though I have no clue of her significance lol).

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    Have you noticed?

That the EXP Share is a bit different in this game.

For the better that is. Like it has a whole new formula of some kind. Anyone agree with me?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This could possibly fit into the experience groups thread, but considering it has to do with a change in an item - aka how it works, it would fit in best with the tiny things thread, rather than everything else (and considering the first post mentions "did you notice", too).

I haven't played the games yet, but I expect the change to be pretty interesting when it comes to leveling up.

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    This could possibly fit into the experience groups thread, but considering it has to do with a change in an item - aka how it works, it would fit in best with the tiny things thread, rather than everything else (and considering the first post mentions "did you notice", too).

I haven't played the games yet, but I expect the change to be pretty interesting when it comes to leveling up.

its very different. Say my main Pokemon that battles gets about 108 exp. the one with the exp share gains 552 exp. And if it were battling, it would be around 726 exp, while my pokemon only gets 74 exp. I tested this out on wild Pokemon, with a Yannikae, and the mummy had the exp share. and I battled the Bidoof wanna be to get these results.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah that is kinda craaazy, in the past it never used to be anywhere near that. XD; In B/W, the experience share item must take the role of a traded Pokemon, just... tripled. I think that is a little too high, though. If it wasn't as low for the battling Pokemon it would be more fair, idk.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Actually, it seems like the lowst level Pokemon gets more experience from beating Pokemon of higher Levels.
    I haven't tested it out myself, but here's an example :

Let's say I have a Lv. 5 Minezumi, against... a wild Lv. 59 Metagross. xD Whatever.
    I switch to my Infernape, and beat the Metagross. The Minezumi gained a ton of experience, while the Infernape got half of the Exp. he'd normally get from a Metagross.

Let's say my Minezumi was a Lv. 95 Mirrhoggu against that same Metagross. He'd gain a lot less experience, because he's higher leveled.

This might actually come in really useful for Exp. Share training against the Elite 4. And, it's present in many other RPGs. In some of them, at some point, you'd get no experience at all. I've seen it in World of Warcraft

*and I'm sorry for going Off Topic, I just wanted to clear some things up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    I found him! I FOUND HIM!

You know that Team Rocket member who vows to reform Team Rocket in his home country?

Well, he lives in the southernmost house in Sekka City, which is only accessible in winter. With a wife and child.

This also means that B/W takes place a few years AFTER D/P/P and HG/SS!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I found him! I FOUND HIM!

You know that Team Rocket member who vows to reform Team Rocket in his home country?

Well, he lives in the southernmost house in Sekka City, which is only accessible in winter. With a wife and child.

This also means that B/W takes place a few years AFTER D/P/P and HG/SS!

...so it is true that Isshu/Unova is his home country, wow. Maybe this could be a ~hint~ that TR will make an appearance in the third game! But that's a pretty interesting fact, though. XD And interesting relation to the timeline, too.

Back