• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • This thread is exactly what it looks like, a place for you ask someone to make something for you. It works like any other request thread. Just remember a couple of things:

• Only pixel art related requests, please. Non-pixel art requests should be made in the Official Request Thread in the Art Gallery.
    • No excessive bumping. eg. if your request hasn't been taken up wait at least a day or so before asking again.
    • When you take someone's request or finish a request let them know here or through VM/PM.
    • Be as clear as you can about what you're requesting.
    • Be nice.
    All the regular rules apply.

(Shops in Pixel Projects are still okay, in case anyone was wondering.)

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • A request.

I need some pokemon sprites to be made because i am rubbish at making them myself tried and failed.
    i have 3 requests for sprites so far i might come up with more.
    so here are my requests

1. A tiger based fire starter, must be small, like the growlithe sprite.
    Name: Tiggy
    2. Tiggy's evolved form, middle sized, like the persian sprite. Name: Tiglava
    3.Tiglava's evolved form and Tiggy's final form must big big, at least as big as the arcanine sprite. Name: Pyggro

Only 4 rules.
    Rule 1: Please give the sprites a tigery appearance and make them look as much like a fire type as possible (i dont mean made completely out of magma)
    Rule 2:you may use any means necessary to make them.
    Rule 3: if you use pre-made sprites,e.g persian or growlithe, make them look as custom as possible.
    Rule 4: please dont make them bipedal, i would like four-pawed sprites plz.

Thanks alot :)

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • I really, really, really hope this doesn't turn into a one stop shop for lazy hackers.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Tried and Failed!

I tried and failed that should be enough for u BEN!
    not everyone is a great hacker like u (if u r one).
    thats what this thread is for, er, how should i put it, incapable hackers, people who want too make sprites but cant.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Since my game will have seasons i wanted to ask if anyone could put this tile
    7.png
    with snow

Years
  • I really, really, really hope this doesn't turn into a one stop shop for lazy hackers.

I tried and failed that should be enough for u BEN!
    not everyone is a great hacker like u (if u r one).
    thats what this thread is for, er, how should i put it, incapable hackers, people who want too make sprites but cant.
    Hey, play nice :|

Everyone is welcome to post requests, but if too many outrageous requests (like asking for someone to make 100+ sprites) start pouring in I'll consider adding some kind of limit on how big a request someone can make. For now I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and hoping people will use their common sense.

Years
  • I think we should do only one request at a time, and it shouldn't be as large as a project.
    Making someone sprite a whole Pokémon line for you is pretty big, you might as well ask them to be on your team and/or recruit them..

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Srry

Hey, play nice :|

Everyone is welcome to post requests, but if too many outrageous requests (like asking for someone to make 100+ sprites) start pouring in I'll consider adding some kind of limit on how big a request someone can make. For now I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and hoping people will use their common sense.

Ok i give, srry maybe i was a bit too...kapow y'know, anyway i'd really appreciate it if someone answers my post.

P.S. it was a dark dark night and i was trying to think of names for the sprites i was gonna request, my fav tv show was on too,and by the time i thought of the last one-Pyggro,cappoo my fav tv show was OVA!!! <(LOL)

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Does anybody have all the maps from HGSS (or at least, some of the indoor maps) ripped? I really need it, but it's not THAT urgent.

EDIT: Made it simpler. I don't need custom or animated, though. Like ripping the maps using A-Map for HGSS.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Been there, but some areas have... ah, never mind. Thanks, though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • You know Fakemons are really hard to do and are really time consuming. I think you asked for a bit to much :S

that just explains why i can't do it.
    srry for rushing, im a kinda impatient guy,plz answer my request,anybody, i'd really appreciate it if they were made, whoever makes them will get credit and may use them as he/she wishes.

you dont have to do them all at once, take your times.

Years
  • Possibly you can try searching up tutorials, sprite yourself then let someone make adjustments and edit what you produced?
    That would be more helpful, maybe even giving them a picture reference or concept.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Im just going to throw out my stand point on this thread. But this looks like its going to turn into one of these threads where we are going to get just rom hackers/game devolopers asking to do fakemon and only a few pixel artists around here can do fakemon to an exceptional level, and as far as I know they don't do requests. If you are going to make fakemon for your hack/game here are 2 of the best options:

1. Learn to sprite yourself: This is always the best thing to learn if you have the time, patience, and effort, I can say right now that you will be better then most of the spriting community around here. Just read up a few tutorials and that would just help, sure it might take a few minutes of your time but it is worth it. Even if you aren't artist you can become better artistically through pixel art Myself and a few other names in pixel art weren't always artistic like both former PA mods Amachi and Fox. They turned out to be lovley pixel artists with time, patience, and effort they got to the pixelated greatness they were at. Like I said this is always the best option.

2. Hire a pixel artists: Now really if all else fails you should try looking to hire someone to pixel for you. Im just putting this out there, it is difficult to find a good pixel artist that is willing to work for your hack/game. And if you do find one you really want to work with their time schedule and not to rush them. Pixel artists DO NOT like to be rushed, because like the saying goes "you cant rush art". Again its my own opinion easier to learn to sprite yourself then hiring someone to sprite for you but if you do you want to work with them.

Anyways most pixel artists around here probably wont do small requests just because of our schedules/uninspired/committed to a hack/game. Im just putting down my opinion on this thread. I honestly see it as a flood of requests coming in and a lot of disappointed people who never got their request answered. Too bad everybody will just go and tl;dr this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back