• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

n n n nails done hair done everything did

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013

how do you feel about all the chemicals they put in our cosmetics and all the toxins in our environment? does everything lead to cancer? you feel things like make-up and nail polish are necessary, or that they debase a person?

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • This is so weird, because everything did was all me and my friends were doing last night.

BUT UH. No, not everything does. I try to stick with natural stuff, but it's always so expensive. Really the only kind of chemical I use is Proactiv, and I don't think that even counts. Also, shampoo and conditioner, but I use Herbal Essences, so it can't be that bad right...?

Nothing is exactly necessary, I wear colorful nailpolish simply because it reflects my character, but I don't NEED it.

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
  • o__o it's like trying to fight cancer...with cancer :x

I use a lot of products from Lush because of their whole natural ingredients/going green thing. Plus my skin is so much better that way. The only problem is that it can become incredibly expensive, which is probably why so many people are choosing products containing these toxins =/

Years
  • I just love this thread because of the Drake reference.

I guess the only thing we can do is don't use the product and look for a safer one. It's something very scary to look out for. ):

Melody

Banned
    Years

Nothing is exactly necessary, I wear colorful nailpolish simply because it reflects my character, but I don't NEED it.

This is the only reason I ever wear nail polish. XD

Sure, we don't NEED it, but honestly it's not so intensely toxic that it's going to kill us immediately. Any 'toxic' effects are mostly over long periods of time. Very few women I know ever stick with the same product long enough to feel it's effects and cosmetic manufacturers are working to make this safer product more readily available...so in about 5 years down the road, you may see these 'toxic' products vanish. Who really knows?

As far as I'm concerned, anything not chemically compatible with our bodies will
    'cause cancer' eventually...We are essentially temporary lifeforms anyways, so what does it matter if we get cancer late in life? If that's how we're gonna die, then so be it. We do as we feel we must with life, and I'd much rather live a full life where I'm happy than live a life full of boring nothingness because I'm playing "Dodge the carcinogens" with my life. Now I don't smoke, but that's more of a choice made to benefit my short-term health. Smoking does cause some unwanted effects in health immediately.

Still, cosmetics causing cancer? For heavens sake we don't care!

I'm going to quote a corollary of Murphy's Law:
    "Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral or fattening." ...Or causes cancer. ;)

Back